GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

10k Maint., wind noise (2nd time), clicking driver's seat, tail light squeak fixes

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-12, 12:50 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 10k Maint., wind noise (2nd time), clicking driver's seat, tail light squeak fixes

My 10k scheduled maintenance went off perfectly. I complained about the wind noise again, so the dealer ordered acoustic glass for the sides based on a conversation with Lexus in California. That's going in tomorrow. Search for other threads on this subject because I posted an update the dealer did a while back, but the noise came back.

Next issue I had was with the driver's seat "clicking" at the bottom rear corner almost ever time I accelerated or braked. I could feel it, and sometimes actually hear it. Easily repeatable, so the dealer ordered new seat rails. I had the same issue in my G35, and the fix was the same. It turned out later that the issue was just bolt coming loose, so I fixed it myself with Loctite and the G has been fine ever since.

Last issue is just the loose taillight housing squeaking. That was fixed by just tightening the mounting bolts on the deck lid.

All in all this car is excellent, and I plan on holding on to it for a while, as I typically do with cars. No complaints whatsoever, and I'm very happy with the GS. Next, it's time to mod just a little with the F-Sport springs, F-Sport forged 10 spoke wheels, deck lid spoiler, and Huper Optik ceramic tint.
Old 12-18-12, 12:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Great to hear that your dealership is addressing the issues and that you are happy with the GS. Mine is in for 5k maintenance and routine issues (dents, etc.) and I miss it!

I also plan on getting the lowering springs and aftermarket F-Sport wheels, but all at once like you.
Old 12-18-12, 01:32 PM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jscgs350
My 10k scheduled maintenance went off perfectly. I complained about the wind noise again, so the dealer ordered acoustic glass for the sides based on a conversation with Lexus in California. That's going in tomorrow. Search for other threads on this subject because I posted an update the dealer did a while back, but the noise came back.

Next issue I had was with the driver's seat "clicking" at the bottom rear corner almost ever time I accelerated or braked. I could feel it, and sometimes actually hear it. Easily repeatable, so the dealer ordered new seat rails. I had the same issue in my G35, and the fix was the same. It turned out later that the issue was just bolt coming loose, so I fixed it myself with Loctite and the G has been fine ever since.

Last issue is just the loose taillight housing squeaking. That was fixed by just tightening the mounting bolts on the deck lid.

All in all this car is excellent, and I plan on holding on to it for a while, as I typically do with cars. No complaints whatsoever, and I'm very happy with the GS. Next, it's time to mod just a little with the F-Sport springs, F-Sport forged 10 spoke wheels, deck lid spoiler, and Huper Optik ceramic tint.
Just wanted to touch base on the tailight squeaking issue. I went round and round with this. I had tightened the bolts that they tightened and it seemed to fix it for a very short while and it came right back. I know of another person that had it removed and cleaned. That also only worked for a short while. I had to have mine removed, cleaned, and then felted to fix the problem for good.
Old 12-18-12, 02:41 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Playtym, that's good info to know, thanks for sharing.

Dseage2, I almost tinted the windows a few weeks back, thank goodness I didn't even though Lexus would have has to replace it.

My dealer says they'll price match Sewell on everything I want, so we'll see how that goes when we start planning all the changes.
Old 12-18-12, 07:58 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Keep us posted!
Old 12-19-12, 06:40 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
Just wanted to touch base on the tailight squeaking issue. I went round and round with this. I had tightened the bolts that they tightened and it seemed to fix it for a very short while and it came right back. I know of another person that had it removed and cleaned. That also only worked for a short while. I had to have mine removed, cleaned, and then felted to fix the problem for good.
Incidently.
Is there any room for some locking
washers with these bolts?
The washers might hold them
better.
Old 12-19-12, 07:49 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noncom23
Incidently.
Is there any room for some locking
washers with these bolts?
The washers might hold them
better.
I really feel temp plays a big role in it and there are only two bolts you can get two without removing interior trunk peices. I'm thinking you could add a lock washer to each bolt. I'm glad my dealership did the right thing and simply solved the issue.
Old 12-19-12, 07:53 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
I really feel temp plays a big role in it and there are only two bolts you can get two without removing interior trunk peices. I'm thinking you could add a lock washer to each bolt. I'm glad my dealership did the right thing and simply solved the issue.
Temp sounds right.
Thx.
Old 12-19-12, 08:53 AM
Chris8152
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Just had my rear creaking light cluster re felted and so far so good, no more creaking noise.