GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

nebula grey or obsidian black help me out

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-12, 06:27 AM
chicago66
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nebula grey or obsidian black help me out

ok.. I know i might get slammed here. wondering how the flaxen looks with black or nebula grey. pics. ? I have seen it with black and liked it.
Old 12-05-12, 06:40 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i don't have any pics but the Flxn. looks good with both NG and OB. the OB is high maintenance. the NG is alot easier to maintain. i have an OB F Sport and it's a PITA. i have the CAB interior, but the Flxn. is a good look also.
Old 12-05-12, 06:42 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because it breaks up the visual tone of a dark color and a lighter color on the spectrum. However, black is a PITA to keep clean and free of scratches and swirls. The nebula can hide these imperfections easier, given it's depth of color.
Old 12-05-12, 06:43 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ We think alike Syd. I posted that after you, but started writing it before I saw your post.
Old 12-05-12, 07:27 AM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

before i bought my GS i test drove F sport NB/Flaxen and it looked nice in person. if they didn't have my first choice color combo starfire/cab, i would have gone with NB/flaxen. good luck
Old 12-05-12, 08:29 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by chicago66
ok.. I know i might get slammed here. wondering how the flaxen looks with black or nebula grey. pics. ? I have seen it with black and liked it.
I have Black lux with flaxen. It takes a lot of work/effort to keep it clean and shiny but I love it. Maybe I'll get tired at some point. Nebula grey was actually my first choice before I went to the dealer to check out the car. In my opinion the color is a little pale. I wish they had not discontinued the color that looks like BMW's graphite. I would pick that over black. We have a 3GS Black in the family and I know it's a lot of work to keep it clean and shiny, but I couldn't pick any other color over black. I think 4GS looks at its best in black. Don't you agree, Syd?
Old 12-05-12, 12:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mi1lion
^^^ We think alike Syd. I posted that after you, but started writing it before I saw your post.
great minds think alike...
Old 12-05-12, 12:15 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I have Black lux with flaxen. It takes a lot of work/effort to keep it clean and shiny but I love it. Maybe I'll get tired at some point. Nebula grey was actually my first choice before I went to the dealer to check out the car. In my opinion the color is a little pale. I wish they had not discontinued the color that looks like BMW's graphite. I would pick that over black. We have a 3GS Black in the family and I know it's a lot of work to keep it clean and shiny, but I couldn't pick any other color over black. I think 4GS looks at its best in black. Don't you agree, Syd?
yes sir... i totally agree. the discontinued gray you're referring to is the SGM. i had an ES in that color.
Old 12-05-12, 02:29 PM
matt2421
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

This is going to come down to personal preference. Personally, i traded in a black on black 06 GS 430, for a 2013 black on black FSport. I had to wait a few days for the dealer to recive delivery of my new ride. When i arrived at the dealership i saw that the car that was ordered for me was black/flaxen....maybe a little of an exaggeration here, but....i was devestated! Imagine ordering a car, putting a deposit down on it, getting a call saying it was there and its not what you wanted? well, the dealer tried to sell me the black/flaxen and i sat in it and tested it out but having been in a black on black GS430, there was no comparisson, so the flaxen interior nixed the deal.
Old 12-05-12, 05:18 PM
Leo23
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday i test drove a Nebula-4gs. I must say the car wasn't clean and can't give myself a clear thought about the exterior color, but... I thought the interior, with black leather + light colored stitches and the linear espresso wood (i think that's how they call it), was absolutely classy. I never thought black everything inside could look so beautiful. On the screen can't be judged unless photographed properly.
Coming from a 3GS with light gray leather that gets stained to the touch is an eye opener for me thinking to the jump...
Old 12-05-12, 07:14 PM
chicago66
Rookie

thanks for the responses.. so balck appears to be high maintence. the nebula grey is out because i had the great and beautiful smokey granite and the nebula will bother me because in my opinion that is a great color of grey and the nebula does not compare to it. but just my 2 cents. looking now at the liquid plantinum. With Flaxen?
Old 12-05-12, 07:24 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

thanks for the responses.. so balck appears to be high maintence. the nebula grey is out because i had the great and beautiful smokey granite and the nebula will bother me because in my opinion that is a great color of grey and the nebula does not compare to it. but just my 2 cents. looking now at the liquid plantinum. With Flaxen?
I don't think you mentioned whether you were looking at F Sport or Luxury. If F Sport, why don't you consider Cabernet? It is beautiful and unique.

BTW, before I ordered my car I considered a NG/Flaxen Luxury model that was on the lot and in bright light I just couldn't get past thinking it looked like a purple/yellow combination. The NG does look purple in some lights. I passed, but that's just me.

I understand what you mean about Smokey Granite Mica. I had an '06 SC430 in that color and it was stunning.
Old 12-05-12, 07:27 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is a thread with some great pics of Silver/Flaxen. Go to page 2. Looks nice...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...up-the-gs.html
Old 12-05-12, 09:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I don't know why, but the Nebula Grey doesn't do anything for me. I really liked the SGM, the Nebula to me looks a little too light and flat in some lights. They had one at the dealer with Flaxen, to me this color looks better with the black or grey. The grey interior on the luxury GS is really sharp.

Originally Posted by matt2421
When i arrived at the dealership i saw that the car that was ordered for me was black/flaxen....maybe a little of an exaggeration here, but....i was devestated! Imagine ordering a car, putting a deposit down on it, getting a call saying it was there and its not what you wanted? well, the dealer tried to sell me the black/flaxen and i sat in it and tested it out but having been in a black on black GS430, there was no comparisson, so the flaxen interior nixed the deal.
This happened to me back when I ordered my old 2003 ES. I had ordered Black Garnet with Black interior and the one that showed up was tan. I was pretty devastated too LOL, best to wait for what you want.

Originally Posted by dseag2
Here is a thread with some great pics of Silver/Flaxen. Go to page 2. Looks nice...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-f...up-the-gs.html
Why thank you for the compliment
Old 12-06-12, 05:15 AM
chicago66
Rookie

thanks for the input gents.. i looked again at the blakc interior. likes a little greyish compared to my current ls 460 2008. so going with the flazen interior. now the question is the black obsidian or liquid platinum. black looks great but pain to keep clean so will problably opt for the liquid platinum and maybe do a light tint on the windows.

next issue are the tires which are the all seasons. read here that they stock tires are terrible. will search for suggestions on replacements.

anyone see the alloy rims on a LP. the ones that they advertise as coming out in late 2012 on a LP>

Quick Reply: nebula grey or obsidian black help me out