GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS FAQ - Cell phone mounts and holders (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-15, 12:17 AM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanC
Here's a video I took of pulling the pin out.

Ngroove Snap 3 removing pin - YouTube

The first time I did it, I didn't have any trouble pulling the pin out - but while making the video I did have some trouble, so I used a small object (in my case, it was an alligator clip) - but a pen should work too - and I pushed the pin out.

Sorry for my mumbling and bad video skills - figured the video would be a little weird if I didn't say anything
IT WORKED!!! My phone sits in the best position for me now. It doesn't cover the clock and still gives me access to most of the climate control buttons (in landscape). This is exactly the position I needed, especially since I haven't memorized the climate control buttons yet.

Thank you so much Ryan!! Your video is exactly what was needed. To those who are going to try this, I know Ryan said his pin came out easy the first time, but mine took a bit of strength. I used a precision screw driver (my set has a hex/cog looking one that I've never used). I did have to push the pin all the way out but once I did it went back in smoothly.
Old 02-25-15, 11:19 AM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Talking On Sale 2/25/15

Hey guys, I found the Mountek nGroove Snap 3 (magnetic one) on sale today only. It's $18.99 + free shipping. Here's the link:

http://www.meritline.com/mountek-ngr...N&dealid=87559

Coupon Code: MLCJ25GN

Don't know if it's limited quantity or not but mostly the deals on this page last 1-2 days.
Old 04-23-15, 07:21 PM
ssvma
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone tried Breffo phone mount?
Old 10-10-15, 10:05 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I got the Mountek (2nd Gen) for my GS. Had it for about a month now. The thing pops out from the disk slot if I hit a few bumps on the road. The phone and clip fall into the cup holders below.

I'm thinking of returning it.
Old 02-12-16, 11:55 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanC
Here's a video I took of pulling the pin out.

The first time I did it, I didn't have any trouble pulling the pin out - but while making the video I did have some trouble, so I used a small object (in my case, it was an alligator clip) - but a pen should work too - and I pushed the pin out.

Sorry for my mumbling and bad video skills - figured the video would be a little weird if I didn't say anything
Thanks for the video. Get the Mountek with the grip. Also don't remember if you said it, but use a small screwdriver to push the pin out.
Old 02-12-16, 02:55 PM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Air Vent Magnetic Car Mount.

And it the best mount i use so far. Paid $15 on Amazon
Old 02-13-16, 12:49 AM
Lakersfan
Pole Position

A few other nice alternatives. But definitely more pricey

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...d-leather.html
Old 02-13-16, 01:06 PM
sakuragrl
Driver School Candidate

Wow, that looks great. Maybe I should also invest in a cell phone mount, too. Those are great factors for finding a mount...especially the GS.
Old 02-15-16, 02:19 PM
pqn628
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

This is my cell phone holder. Its the best one I have ever used. very easy to attach and remove the phone.

Old 02-17-16, 08:25 AM
WhyNotMe01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pqn628
This is my cell phone holder. Its the best one I have ever used. very easy to attach and remove the phone.

What model is this one?
Old 02-17-16, 09:54 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

When my car hits a bump, my phone falls off the magnet attachment (probably not strong enough).

@pqn628, you don't have this issue?
Old 02-17-16, 02:49 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
When my car hits a bump, my phone falls off the magnet attachment (probably not strong enough).

this is a bit of work, but i have this:

i had this from my old car:

Amazon.com: Koomus Magnetos CD Magnetic Cradle-less Smartphone Car Mount: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Koomus Magnetos CD Magnetic Cradle-less Smartphone Car Mount: Cell Phones & Accessories

and then bought this for the GS

Amazon.com: Mpow Grip Magic 360 Degree Universal Air Vent Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6S/6 Plus/5S/5C, Galaxy Note 4/3, Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge/5/4: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Mpow Grip Magic 360 Degree Universal Air Vent Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6S/6 Plus/5S/5C, Galaxy Note 4/3, Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge/5/4: Cell Phones & Accessories

but had the same issue with the phone still falling. so i took the magnet from the mount in the first link (Koomus) and used it with the AC mount in the second link and it NEVER falls. the magnet is a lot stronger in the Koomus. the Koomus magnet back is adjustable so it fits the Mpow one.

just noticed that Koomus has an AC mount. if it's the same magnet (looks the same) it'll work the same and you don't have to buy two mounts.

Amazon.com: Koomus Magnetos Universal Air Vent Magnetic Cradle-less Smartphone Car Mount Holder for all iPhones and Android Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Koomus Magnetos Universal Air Vent Magnetic Cradle-less Smartphone Car Mount Holder for all iPhones and Android Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

note, i have a thinner case on my phone at the moment, but even somewhat thicker ones worked fine for me in the past.
Old 02-17-16, 07:48 PM
pqn628
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WhyNotMe01
What model is this one?
I got this. So far, my phone has not fallen off. I go over 8 speed bumps every day and I drove on the highway for 20 something miles today with no issues.

Amazon.com: Car Mount, WizGear™ Universal Air Vent Magnetic Car Mount Holder, for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-SnapTM Technology, Magnetic Cell Phone Mount: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Car Mount, WizGear™ Universal Air Vent Magnetic Car Mount Holder, for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-SnapTM Technology, Magnetic Cell Phone Mount: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 02-17-16, 07:49 PM
pqn628
Pole Position

Originally Posted by islandbeef

No I dont have this issue. Do you have the same mount?
Old 06-03-16, 12:20 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

has anyone tried anything like this:

http://www.tmart.com/REMAX-Soft-Sili...=0603-2015-up4

Quick Reply: 4GS FAQ - Cell phone mounts and holders (merged threads)