GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Automatic start up of Heated/Ventilated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-12, 09:08 AM
reachtom
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Automatic start up of Heated/Ventilated Seats

I just purchased a 2013 GS 350 Luxury Plus and cant get the heated or ventilated seats to come on automatically so that when I start the car with the remote start they come on to help heat or cool down the seats. I drove another luxury plus as well as an FSport that had this programmed to stay on. When we started up those two at the dealer, the ventilated seats came on automatically but yet the dealer cant seem to determine how to set mine so they come on automatically when i start the car.

Thoughts?
Old 10-30-12, 09:46 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reachtom
I just purchased a 2013 GS 350 Luxury Plus and cant get the heated or ventilated seats to come on automatically so that when I start the car with the remote start they come on to help heat or cool down the seats. I drove another luxury plus as well as an FSport that had this programmed to stay on. When we started up those two at the dealer, the ventilated seats came on automatically but yet the dealer cant seem to determine how to set mine so they come on automatically when i start the car.

Thoughts?
I'd like to figure this out as well. However once RES+ comes out for the GS it will be a non issue.
Old 10-30-12, 11:02 AM
Chris8152
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Iam not sure if this is going to help or even if its relevant, firstly we don’t have remote start in the UK and secondly my car is a hybrid. When I start the car in eco mode ( witch is the de fort setting so it always starts in eco mode ), if the heater mode is set to auto the seats will automatically come on to help warm you up.
So what I was thinking was if you leave your heater on auto when you remotely start your car would your seats come on as well?.
Old 10-30-12, 06:24 PM
kdsr123
Pole Position

my gs doesnt do this, i tired putting it in normal mode but it still wouldn't stay on
Old 10-30-12, 06:56 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have remote start?
Old 10-30-12, 10:10 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bentleymp2
We have remote start?
Remote start is a port-installed option, or standard on the upper level trims of the '13 Altima
Old 10-31-12, 02:39 AM
Chris8152
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by kdsr123
my gs doesnt do this, i tired putting it in normal mode but it still wouldn't stay on
mine will only work in eco mode
Old 10-31-12, 08:17 AM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by faifai83
Remote start is a port-installed option, or standard on the upper level trims of the '13 Altima
There is this one feature that our keys come standord with that the Altima keys don't... Our keys can open the doors to a new GS.
Old 10-31-12, 08:26 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Chris8152
mine will only work in eco mode
I have my climate control set to the default 75 degrees F. When I start the car in ECO MODE in cold weather the seats do not come on??? I wonder what I coudl be doing wrong?
Old 10-31-12, 10:00 AM
Chris8152
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
I have my climate control set to the default 75 degrees F. When I start the car in ECO MODE in cold weather the seats do not come on??? I wonder what I coudl be doing wrong?
Try this
I have
The air or recirculated mode set to AUTO
S-FLOW mode set to ON
Auto button set to ON

I don’t know what the difference has to be between the outside temperature and the temperature set inside the car.
It worked today with outside temperature of 7 deg C
Inside temperature set to 20 deg C
Old 11-01-12, 12:53 PM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Chris8152
Try this
I have
The air or recirculated mode set to AUTO
S-FLOW mode set to ON
Auto button set to ON

I don’t know what the difference has to be between the outside temperature and the temperature set inside the car.
It worked today with outside temperature of 7 deg C
Inside temperature set to 20 deg C
So, I just set everything as listed above...we shall see when I remote start my vehicle before I leave work. Does the actual seat lights come on or is it just the warm fuzzy feeling? Also...What the heck is this S-Flow setting...never even realized it was there or what its for???
Old 11-01-12, 01:35 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

So does the GSh automatically start in ECO mode for all hybrid owners...or just in the UK/Europe? Because if that can be set to automtically start in ECO, I want it to be set to Sport S+. Also, I thought someone said the dealer can dictate how long the heating/ventilation on the seats stays on, but not customizable by the user.

Also, does adjusting the heated seats temperature "reset" the timer for the heat to turn off? Seems like mine has stayed on longer, but I also monkey around with the levels the entire time.
Old 11-01-12, 01:45 PM
LuxoRocket
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
So, I just set everything as listed above...we shall see when I remote start my vehicle before I leave work. Does the actual seat lights come on or is it just the warm fuzzy feeling? Also...What the heck is this S-Flow setting...never even realized it was there or what its for???

S-Flow selectively enables/disables air-flow from the air vents based on inputs from the occupancy, humidity and temperature sensors. In other words, if your car is optioned with a 3-zone climate control system and you are driving the car with no passengers, air will only flow around the driver's seat.
Old 11-05-12, 06:38 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LuxoRocket
S-Flow selectively enables/disables air-flow from the air vents based on inputs from the occupancy, humidity and temperature sensors. In other words, if your car is optioned with a 3-zone climate control system and you are driving the car with no passengers, air will only flow around the driver's seat.
So...this morning it worked, must of been the temp wasn't cold enough. NICE!
Old 11-17-12, 12:01 PM
reachtom
Driver School Candidate

I have spoke to Lexus numerous times on this issue and they continue to say it doesnt work yet I have seen it work in two vehicles for sure. One was a 2013 GS 350 Luxury Plus just like mine and a F Sport. When the car is running if the ventilated seats are turned on you can turn the car off and then back on and the ventilated seats are still active. It also happens with the heated seats the same way. It doesnt matter the temperature as it was 80 degrees F and the heated seats were on when the car started. I even tried one time when it was over 80 degrees and turned the heated seat on for the driver and ventilated seat for the passenger. I then turned the car off and restarted it and the heated seat automatically came on for the driver and the ventilated for the passenger. So this is an option that does work, it is just up to Lexus to determine how it is programmed to work.

The latest response they told me was that it wasnt an option and if they were to program this to work then they would first have to get approval from the NHTSA which doesnt make since if they already have 2013 GS 350s operating in this fashion. Maybe if everyone that currently owns a 2013 GS 350 starts calling Lexus and asking them how to program this to work, maybe they will really research this and find out how to make it work. I find it hard to believe that the only two vehicles out there that does this just happens to be the two I saw at the dealership.

Here are the steps to see if it works on your vehicle.
1. Start the car
2. Turn on the ventilated or heated seats
3. Turn off the car
4. Start the car again
When you start the car again, the heated or ventilated seats should automatically come on just as they were before you turned the car off.

Note: It does not matter what drive mode the vehicle is in as I tried all the options on that and it worked in every mode the same way.
The following users liked this post:
maiahsdad (12-19-17)

Quick Reply: Automatic start up of Heated/Ventilated Seats