GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Weather Tech Floor Mats GS350 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-12, 06:24 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I rather stick with the all weather mats from Lexus. They look cleaner and less busier. Weathertech matts looks cheap.
Old 10-24-12, 06:02 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJA1951
I live in Illinois and to my knowledge any purchases made in person in Illinois pay sales tax unless they are shipped to another state. Can I ask how you are going to Bollingbrook to pick up the mats and not paying Illinois sales tax?
Oops, I meant to only say "save the shipping costs."

I will pay the taxes. No way to get around that one! That was a mistake. I'll edit it out of the OP.

Good catch!

Originally Posted by Rexus300
I rather stick with the all weather mats from Lexus. They look cleaner and less busier. Weathertech matts looks cheap.
Don't let looks decieve you. I've seen Weather Tech mats in someone else's car and they are anything but cheap. They are pretty firm and very well made.

Originally, I bought the Lexus mats and those are not adequate for me, so I returned them. Weather Tech mats hold a lot of gunk that can be tracked into the car. A lot more than the Lexus mats hold.

The Lexus mats are less than an inch tall and won't hold much water/slush. They look nice, but they don't hold nearly the amount of water that the Weather Tech mats holds.

Last edited by Vasili; 10-24-12 at 06:04 AM. Reason: for clarity
Old 10-24-12, 06:36 AM
MJA1951
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vasili,

I wish I was wrong and you were right!
Old 10-24-12, 07:22 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

I've had MacNeil's WeatherTech mats in the past. I have the Lexus OEM rubber mats now. The WeatherTech mats are far superior. The polymer is rigid and easy to clean, the fit is excellent, and the coverage is superior. The Lexus OEM mats are constructed of low-cost rubber, cover very little, and are difficult to clean due to the material's flexibility and porousness.
Old 10-24-12, 07:54 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Outrage
I've had MacNeil's WeatherTech mats in the past. I have the Lexus OEM rubber mats now. The WeatherTech mats are far superior. The polymer is rigid and easy to clean, the fit is excellent, and the coverage is superior. The Lexus OEM mats are constructed of low-cost rubber, cover very little, and are difficult to clean due to the material's flexibility and porousness.

That was my impression when I saw both varieties of mats. Weather Tech makes a far superior mat than what Lexus offers.

Originally Posted by MJA1951
Vasili,

I wish I was wrong and you were right!
Yeah, unfortunately taxes seem to be unavoidable.
Old 10-24-12, 09:25 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

I had these liners in my 3GS. I was impressed with how they fit. Let me qualify, that I had these on the 2008 GS with tan interior. The black rubber AW Lexus mats looked ridiculous with tan interior, so I went with these WeatherTech liners. They were a great match and kept the underlying carpet clean (although the car was totaled, so it didn't matter in the end). I wear leather soled dress shoes a lot. From what I recall, my foot would slip a LOT on those liners because of the material they use. Unless they have changed their ingredients (doesn't look like it), they're just too slippery for my taste. I have black interior now and have the Lexus AW mats...couldn't be happier.

If I ever have an inch of water from my shoes sitting on my floor mat/liner....I'm doing something wrong. There is ZERO chance I would ever let that much water just sit and accumulate. Lexus AW mats work for me. YMMV.
Old 10-24-12, 07:17 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What upsets me about these mats is I emailed WeatherTech 3 weeks ago and was told it would be 12-16 weeks until they were ready because of the new floor clips Lexus is using. So I bought the Lexus mats which are crappy but better than nothing. I want the WeatherTechs but I'm not spending another $100 on front mats.
Old 10-24-12, 08:07 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Have weather tech floor mats in all my cars (past 4 cars) and I love them! You cant go wrong. I would advise buying from the vendor here as I saved just under 30 bucks going through them then weathertech themselves.
Old 10-24-12, 08:10 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

Saving $30 on WeatherTechs is rare and is a good deal. Can you tell us which vendor?

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Have weather tech floor mats in all my cars (past 4 cars) and I love them! You cant go wrong. I would advise buying from the vendor here as I saved just under 30 bucks going through them then weathertech themselves.
Old 10-26-12, 07:28 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Just picked up the front mats today. Only took a pic of the driver side.

Nice firm material that seems like it'll do a fine job of protecting.
Attached Thumbnails Weather Tech Floor Mats GS350 AWD-mat1.jpg   Weather Tech Floor Mats GS350 AWD-mat2.jpg  
Old 10-26-12, 08:39 PM
82nd
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know if the WT Billet license plate frames come with the four color matching screws or do you need to buy your own at that price?
Thanks, Richard
Old 10-29-12, 06:11 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Exclamation

Just purchased mine! If anyone is interested in the Lexus all weather matts, please PM and I will offer you a killer deal!

Thanks!
Old 10-29-12, 06:45 AM
j2theIzzle
Driver School Candidate

Can anyone confirm if this fits the the RWD F-Sport? Thanks
Old 10-29-12, 06:49 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by j2theIzzle
Can anyone confirm if this fits the the RWD F-Sport? Thanks
They will not fit, as the AWD model has a huge cutout into the footwell on the driver's side due to the AWD system.
Old 10-29-12, 08:53 AM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

i got these for my 2007 well worth it. i live in WA where it rains 9months out of the year!

Quick Reply: Weather Tech Floor Mats GS350 AWD