GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Something New ?? - Lexus RES+

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-12, 12:38 PM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Something New ?? - Lexus RES+

Happened to be on the Android Google play site and there is a new application from Lexus available... . It's called Lexus RES+. Just uploaded yesterday from Lexus. The entire description is pasted below. There is a new web link http://www.lexusresplus.com/ but it is not working yet. Nothing about it on lexusdrivers.com

I've downloaded it but neither my enform or lexusdrivers logins will work on it.

This could be GREAT !! Anyone know about this? Will it work on my GS ??

Description follows:

Your smartphone just got smarter and your life made a whole lot easier with the RES+ mobile application.

Connect with and access RES+ conveniently from the palm of your hand. The RES+ allows you the ultimate convenience of being able to remotely control a number of your vehicle’s settings - all at your fingertips - on your smartphone’s touchscreen¹.

Can’t remember if you locked your car doors? No problem. The home screen on your RES+ displays the status of the doors as either LOCKED or UNLOCKED².

Your daughter has to get her school science project out of your locked car right this minute. Only problem is, your car is sitting in your driveway in California while you’re in a conference room in New York. No problem. The Lexus RES+ smartphone application allows you to remotely lock or unlock³ your vehicle doors from virtually anywhere.

Wish you could get into a warm car during a cold winter day or into a cool car during a hot summer heat wave? No problem. The smartphone-based Lexus RES+ allows you to start your engine from virtually anywhere4. Starting your engine activates your pre-set or factory default air conditioner, heater and defroster settings, as well as the vehicle’s heated and ventilated front seats (if so equipped) so your vehicle will be ready and waiting with a more comfortable cabin and seat temperature.

Can’t find your car amongst a sea of vehicles in the crowded parking lot of a sporting event, shopping mall, airport or concert? No problem. The Lexus RES+ includes a CarFinder feature, which utilizes “Augmented Reality” by combining the camera on your smartphone with GPS technology5 to help guide you back to your vehicle.

Features & Benefits:
• Start and turn off your engine4
o Starting the engine activates the air conditioner, heater, defroster, defogger, and heated and ventilated front seats (if so equipped), when pre-set6 before exiting the vehicle, or to the factory default6 setting of 75° so your vehicle will be ready and waiting with a more comfortable cabin and seat temperature.
• View the current outside temperature near your vehicle.
• View your vehicle’s engine or door lock status7.
• Lock or unlock your doors4. A message will be displayed to confirm the successful execution of the door lock/unlock command.
• Help locate your vehicle in a crowded or unfamiliar parking area such as the airport, shopping mall, concert or sporting event5.
• Receive an email notification if your factory-installed theft-deterrent system is set off.
o Supports up to 4 phones7 per vehicle.
o Features an unlimited range6.
• Fully integrated with the vehicle’s existing factory-installed theft-deterrent/keyless entry system.
For more information, please visit www.lexusdrivers.com and click on the RES+ link, or contact your local Lexus dealer.
¹Performance based on cell phone reception. If cell phone coverage is not available, the conventional SmartAccess fob can still remotely start/stop the engine with a range limitation of 80 feet.
²Vehicle must be in the parked position to access the Engine Status and Door Lock Status functions.
³Door lock / unlock function from the RES+ only operates while the vehicle engine is off. If the vehicle engine is running, the doors may be unlocked using the Lexus SmartAccess fob only.
4The smartphone and vehicle must be in a location where there is adequate cellular coverage for this function to work properly.
5Objects and structures surrounding your vehicle and/or smartphone, such as tall buildings and roof structures, can block GPS signals and affect location accuracy.
6With the engine turned on and the HVAC in the on position, the customer has the choice of two temperature control settings:
• The last setting set by the customer
• The factory auto default setting (approximately 75 degrees)
7To check current Lexus vehicle and smartphone compatibility with the RES+ accessory, go to LexusDrivers.com, click the RES+ icon and navigate to the “Compatibility” tab.
Old 10-13-12, 01:55 PM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice find! It would be sweet if they make this available for the GS
Old 10-13-12, 01:57 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for a head up.

Sound more like annual subscribe for a fees. At least require active Enform subscribe.

I believe they are under testing phase. But who know it will work with 4GS or not. I'm praying it will.
Old 10-13-12, 03:11 PM
Mojo122
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onexcite

I believe they are under testing phase. But who know it will work with 4GS or not. I'm praying it will.
One can only HOPE!
Old 10-13-12, 03:54 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

tried the link, getting a forbidden message.
Old 10-13-12, 05:30 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably for the new LS only.
Old 10-13-12, 07:06 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

I was told by the Lexus Sales Manager that there will be a new remote start that integrates with a smart phone. They had an informational class on it, but he wasn't sure when it would be available. Maybe this is what they were talking about?
Old 10-14-12, 05:07 AM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Default RES+ Android App Pictures

Attached are screenshots from the RES+ Android app. Again from the Google play app store. For the user who mentioned that he thought it might just be for the new LS, take a look at the 4th pic. It clearly shows the augmented reality carfinder function pointing toward an RX.
Attached Thumbnails Something New ?? - Lexus RES+-lexres1.jpg   Something New ?? - Lexus RES+-lexres2.jpg   Something New ?? - Lexus RES+-lexres3.jpg   Something New ?? - Lexus RES+-lexres4.jpg  
Old 10-14-12, 07:17 AM
DrKeith
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmarias
Attached are screenshots from the RES+ Android app. Again from the Google play app store. For the user who mentioned that he thought it might just be for the new LS, take a look at the 4th pic. It clearly shows the augmented reality carfinder function pointing toward an RX.
Found the link to the RES+manual. Page 7 of the complete guide (link at the bottom) mentions needing the RES accessory and an annual fee.

www.lexusresplus.com/mobile/manual.jsp
Old 10-14-12, 12:13 PM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Dr. Keith! (How did you manage to track that down??)

Couple of things pop out by reading the manual

1.RES obviously stands for "Remote Engine Start" (The smartphone app makes it "Plus" now, I guess)

2.Requires an add on remote engine starter device installed. Lexus already offers one but I can't tell if it is the same device or a new one.

3.One odd thing - or at least odd to me - While I agree the doors should and must be locked to use the remote starter, why must it shut off just because you then enter the vehicle? I can understand it shutting down if you remote unlock the car, but why do so if you are right there to enter the vehicle?

Here is the direct link to the whole manual in pdf format.

http://www.lexusresplus.com/mobile/p...TIRE_GUIDE.pdf
Old 10-14-12, 12:17 PM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Last thing... Assuming the remote engine start device is the same as currently offered or similar, the MSRP from the lexus.com site is $429.00.
Old 10-14-12, 03:41 PM
tsmith167
Rookie

Now I have a dilema . I have an order in that goes out tomorrow and I have not ordered remote start. This is exactly what I am looking for. My plan was to maybe order a viper remote start after the car came in, now I am thinking that I should order the remote start and hope that it works as a RES +. Decisions , decisions...
Old 10-14-12, 07:23 PM
kdsr123
Pole Position

I have factory remote start, hopefully im compatible
Old 10-14-12, 07:30 PM
kdsr123
Pole Position

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...from_developer
Old 10-15-12, 05:19 AM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

In a class I attended they idd mention this coming, it is supposed to be released soon for the new rx only. Not sure what other cars or when it will be available.

Quick Reply: Something New ?? - Lexus RES+