GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

So Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett supplied a GS Luxury Loaner

Old 10-10-12, 01:39 PM
LexFather

Default So Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett supplied a GS Luxury Loaner

I can get used to driving the 4GS wherever I go Brand new, 460 miles, silver/silver interior with the luxury package. Haven't had a chance to road test this version so I'm happy to have gotten it their VIP loaner Spent time with ex-mod VVti who I can call a great friend and we chatted things up. I highly HIGHLY recommend Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett for service and sales, they are family based and are like family to us.

This package damn near is worth it for the seats. Egads this is what a seat should be. While the stock seats are good the additonal adjustments for the upper back, side bolster and for the legs are awesome.

Really enjoying the ride though with the 17" wheels/tires even in sport it can fun cushy on the freeway. Which is fine I guess. I'm still just tickled how well this thing handles in sport and how balanced it is.

Hope to post a few pics later. One footnote so when I spotted the GS my service guy kept saying "no thats an ES"..... I'm like "you are going to bet against me" and he did and lost. However kinda sad they are being confused already by employees.
Old 10-10-12, 01:50 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the front ends are damn near identical and I suppose that from a distance of a couple hundred feet with shoddy eyes and poor lighting you could confuse them :P

Good on ya for driving it. I just picked one up myself...in forza motorsport 4 haha. I'd sell my soul for a 4GS of my own to be honest.
Old 10-10-12, 04:17 PM
Mgoblue96
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seats really are nice. They fit like a glove for me.

Also agreed on Hennessy, although I bought and service at the Atlanta dealer.
Old 10-10-12, 04:18 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

I thought the lux. pkg. came with 18" wheels?
Old 10-10-12, 04:32 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

luxury has 18, f has 19

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 10-10-12, 05:16 PM
LexFather

You guys are right. Looked like 17s. They are on Michelin tires.

Love that the bolsters deflate when you exit the car, nice touch. Sport+ is fantastic, love the sound of the car when holding a gear and its predictable though with a smaller footprint than what I'm used to in the 4GS it feels soft to me. The thing is the ride is still fantastic in Sport+ and rides like a Lexus.

Just a hoot to drive!!!
Old 10-10-12, 05:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Yeah for some reason the luxury rims look smaller than the base 18s...
Old 10-10-12, 07:47 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey, glad you have been able to spend some good quality time with the car. It is a great automobile.
Old 10-11-12, 01:05 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Very cool. Universal praise for the seats, especially if you're on the tall side (thigh bolsters).
Old 10-11-12, 01:30 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
You guys are right. Looked like 17s. They are on Michelin tires.

Love that the bolsters deflate when you exit the car, nice touch. Sport+ is fantastic, love the sound of the car when holding a gear and its predictable though with a smaller footprint than what I'm used to in the 4GS it feels soft to me. The thing is the ride is still fantastic in Sport+ and rides like a Lexus.

Just a hoot to drive!!!
did you really test her or were you easy on her??? was waiting for you to test drive her and give your review. sounds like you liked her.
Old 10-11-12, 01:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
did you really test her or were you easy on her??? was waiting for you to test drive her and give your review. sounds like you liked her.
I've driven the 4GS quite a few times and have neglected reviews due to recent events here and treatment. The last review I did got closed b/c a troll came in there and that kinda pissed me off since I put a lot of effort into the write-up.

I think I will do an official site write-up to post on the front page and link it here. I am going to compare base, luxury more so than F-sport which gets the majority of press and my thoughts on which ones to buy and modify since I luckily have access to both.

When the hell do you know me not to drive the snot out of a car?

I PROMISE to write this one up, I think you guys/gals will value the inputs on a stellar vehicle. Give me until Sunday. I have my notes.
Old 10-11-12, 04:27 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've driven the 4GS quite a few times and have neglected reviews due to recent events here and treatment. The last review I did got closed b/c a troll came in there and that kinda pissed me off since I put a lot of effort into the write-up.

I think I will do an official site write-up to post on the front page and link it here. I am going to compare base, luxury more so than F-sport which gets the majority of press and my thoughts on which ones to buy and modify since I luckily have access to both.

I PROMISE to write this one up, I think you guys/gals will value the inputs on a stellar vehicle. Give me until Sunday. I have my notes.
looking forward to it. "driving the snot out of a car"
never heard that one before, i'm going to have to steal that line.
Old 10-12-12, 11:07 AM
82nd
Driver School Candidate

"driving the snot out of a car"
never heard that one before, i'm going to have to steal that line.

yes you have heard this before, except a few of the words were changed. LOL
Richard
Old 10-27-12, 04:30 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Hopefully you can compare the ride/handling with the 2012 IS-F and the C63 AMG Black Series you just test-drove.

Hold nothing back and give us your unvarnished opinion. We know you're a Lexus man through and through so any criticisms you have won't be misconstrued as "hating" or "trolling" but as the sincere feedback of someone who wants Lexus to keep improving.