jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

AWD markets don't have DRS.
Old 10-05-12, 08:16 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Well guys, I got it! I settled at a little over $48,000 before tax, etc. It does have the dynamic rear steer package btw. The biggest thing, besides looks, that grabbed my attention was how fast this car is. I really underestimated the power this beast has! I post pics tomorrow!
Old 10-05-12, 08:19 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Well guys, I got it! I settled at a little over $48,000 before tax, etc. It does have the dynamic rear steer package btw. The biggest thing, besides looks, that grabbed my attention was how fast this car is. I really underestimated the power this beast has! I post pics tomorrow!
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of the new addition!
Old 10-06-12, 07:06 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Well here she is!
Attached Thumbnails Thinking about pulling the trigger-photo-2.jpg  
Old 10-08-12, 01:19 AM
Maseroche
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful! Test drove a Hyundai Equus and was pretty close to changing my mind. Here they are priced around the same but ultimately, I'm sticking with the Lexus because it's much more sporty and I loved it the minute I sat in it.
Old 10-08-12, 05:30 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

awesome you got a great deal on it
Old 10-08-12, 07:57 AM
chrislee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a smokin deal. Congrats
Old 10-08-12, 02:37 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys! I spend all day at school anticipating the drive home and wishing it was longer lol.
Old 10-08-12, 04:41 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 425 Likes on 270 Posts

Congrats?!

What other options did you get?
Old 10-08-12, 05:08 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very lovey car bro!!
Always thought these car would be more expnseive - you got a great deal on it.
Old 10-08-12, 07:03 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

do all rear wheel drive f sport have rear steering?
Old 10-08-12, 07:36 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dezymond
Congrats?!

What other options did you get?
I got the F-Sport package plus Mark Levinson. With that I have the HUD, blind spot, and dynamic rear steering, etc. In the past 3 days of ownership, I have come to a few conclusions:
1) The ML audio is superb. I haven't had the chance to compare it with the premium but I'm sure it's night and day. I played The Avengers movie and its safe to say movie night will be in the car from now on. It's that good.
2) The turning radius is very small. I'm not sure if its due to the rear steering but its pretty tight.
3) Using the A/C is like having snow blowing in your face, and being in South Florida that's a blessing lol.
4) Since there are no notches on the wiper stalk, it took a little getting used to changing the wiper speed. This of course isn't an issue if you use the automatic function.
5) The transmission occasionally stumbles in Sport mode. I find if I am speeding up then momentarily slowing down only to accelerate again there is a small amount of gear searching. I am nitpicking though since I'm used to rowing my own gears.
6) A little more low end torque would be nice but its fine since its worth having to take the engine high into the power band and really hear it roar.
7) Why are so many functions locked out when driving!? I mean a passenger really should be able to enter an address. I guess that's Toyota safety for ya.
8) This car does not skimp on the luxury. I'm amazed at the details that were paid attention to in this car. It's a step up from my '95 e36, not that you can compare the two though lol. Definitely keeping the BMW though so I can satisfy my cravings for manual that I can beat up.
9) This car is really a blast to drive!
Old 10-08-12, 07:39 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by richard203
do all rear wheel drive f sport have rear steering?
No it's an option. Apparently it's quite rare too. I actually didn't know my car had it equipped until I looked at the options list after I bought it.
Old 10-08-12, 08:17 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats on a beautiful car and a great deal! You have pretty much the same equipment I have on mine. I agree on all your points. My only additional point is that I wish they hadn't gone to the digital turn signal. I have 3,500 on mine and still haven't gotten totally used to it. Nit picking aside, the car is fantastic!
Old 10-08-12, 08:20 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 425 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
I got the F-Sport package plus Mark Levinson. With that I have the HUD, blind spot, and dynamic rear steering, etc. In the past 3 days of ownership, I have come to a few conclusions:
1) The ML audio is superb. I haven't had the chance to compare it with the premium but I'm sure it's night and day. I played The Avengers movie and its safe to say movie night will be in the car from now on. It's that good.
2) The turning radius is very small. I'm not sure if its due to the rear steering but its pretty tight.
3) Using the A/C is like having snow blowing in your face, and being in South Florida that's a blessing lol.
4) Since there are no notches on the wiper stalk, it took a little getting used to changing the wiper speed. This of course isn't an issue if you use the automatic function.
5) The transmission occasionally stumbles in Sport mode. I find if I am speeding up then momentarily slowing down only to accelerate again there is a small amount of gear searching. I am nitpicking though since I'm used to rowing my own gears.
6) A little more low end torque would be nice but its fine since its worth having to take the engine high into the power band and really hear it roar.
7) Why are so many functions locked out when driving!? I mean a passenger really should be able to enter an address. I guess that's Toyota safety for ya.
8) This car does not skimp on the luxury. I'm amazed at the details that were paid attention to in this car. It's a step up from my '95 e36, not that you can compare the two though lol. Definitely keeping the BMW though so I can satisfy my cravings for manual that I can beat up.
9) This car is really a blast to drive!
I got the ML in mine. Some "pro" reviews say that the ML audio isn't worth it, but the actual owners say it's superb, I'll take the side of the people who drive the car for more than 2 days. Not sure if I have HUD, don't need it, but if it's there then However that 12.3" screen and ML audio won't be replacing my surround sound and LED tv setup at home LOL

And yeah the safety features of locking out the Navi is annoying, I may just bite the bullet and get the $349 PS module to bypass it. I know there's a workaround, but only doable by voice from what I heard.

Thanks for the mini review as well!

Quick Reply: Thinking about pulling the trigger