GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Trouble in 4GS with Lexus Enform Connection!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-12, 07:11 PM
TitanFan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble in 4GS with Lexus Enform Connection!!

Does anyone have trouble with connecting your iPhone with the Lexus Enform in the 4GS. I have a very hard time getting the apps to load up on the navi. Can someone helpe with this?
Old 08-19-12, 07:20 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Mine works fine.
Old 08-19-12, 07:57 PM
Allb18c
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Known issue:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rm-issues.html
Old 08-20-12, 10:33 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Try deleting enform app from phone, delete your phone from your car (bluetooth), re-download enform, then turn off iphone wifi if you're at home, reinstall enform, and finally re-install everything.

Sometimes wifi interferes with Bluetooth hence you want to turn it off. If you have multiple iPhones connected to car delete them all. Finally sometimes it helps if you have enform running on your phone prior to starting the apps in your GS. Good luck.
Old 08-25-12, 07:23 AM
zoombie99
Pole Position

I had a tech from Lexus walk me through taking everything off and putting it back on. I still have problems with it and it only works about 70 percent of the time.
Old 08-25-12, 11:00 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

I gave up. Enform. I wouldn't really use those apps anyway.
Old 08-25-12, 08:00 PM
Liferules
Driver

Originally Posted by Vasili
I gave up. Enform. I wouldn't really use those apps anyway.
Agreed. Not really worth the hassle as BT audio or USB connections work very well.
Old 08-31-12, 09:11 AM
ECL
Instructor

Originally Posted by ECL
Mine works fine.
Or it did. Now it does not work at all. Rebooting the phone helps, however.

Last edited by ECL; 08-31-12 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-31-12, 09:36 AM
joehp1
Rookie

Yea,it is always hit or miss...more miss lately. It is a pos! Hear that, Lexus!
Old 08-31-12, 05:33 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately the major of the problems seen are with the Apple Iphones with IOS 4 and 5 system and not with Androids. ITs not the car for god sake its your phones. You need to update the phones, make sure that the Lexus enform is on "listen" mode at all times and not shut down automatically by the iphone background processes. I have had the Iphone 4S and now the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx with no issues with exception of Pandora which is not a good program anymore as it requires premium subscription to stop those ads. Otherwise the phones must also have M.A.P (message across profile) to allow for text messages to be transferred to car. Iphone 4s with IOS5 does not do this. The later androids do have this functionality. Its a matter of having your features set up right and going into settings and making sure that applications are not forced quit on these phones to make space for other processes or else if you get in car with bluetooth pared and the lexus enform applications is no longer in background process mode then it will not link. Its simple.

I am very impressed with this system and will not blame Lexus. I have MMI on my Audi, Idrive on the BMW and the Lexus enform apps is unique and far better than the BMW ones.
Old 08-31-12, 06:16 PM
ECL
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Unfortunately the major of the problems seen are with the Apple Iphones with IOS 4 and 5 system and not with Androids. ITs not the car for god sake its your phones. You need to update the phones, make sure that the Lexus enform is on "listen" mode at all times and not shut down automatically by the iphone background processes. I have had the Iphone 4S and now the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx with no issues with exception of Pandora which is not a good program anymore as it requires premium subscription to stop those ads. Otherwise the phones must also have M.A.P (message across profile) to allow for text messages to be transferred to car. Iphone 4s with IOS5 does not do this. The later androids do have this functionality. Its a matter of having your features set up right and going into settings and making sure that applications are not forced quit on these phones to make space for other processes or else if you get in car with bluetooth pared and the lexus enform applications is no longer in background process mode then it will not link. Its simple.

I am very impressed with this system and will not blame Lexus. I have MMI on my Audi, Idrive on the BMW and the Lexus enform apps is unique and far better than the BMW ones.
What is "Listen Mode"?
Old 09-01-12, 05:44 AM
joehp1
Rookie

I do have the latest Andriod phone...Evo LTE. And it still is hit or miss. Just because yours works does not mean everyones works. Read all the comments from day one of this car! And, I have owned 7 Lexus cars so I am NOT in the habit of bashing Lexus.
Old 09-01-12, 08:23 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Listen" mode is when the Enform application is running in the background and will not pair unless in the car. If the enform app is off and not on background mode then it will not pair at all even if bluetooth is connected. My android shows the enform application on the top left hand corner in listen state. If that is not there then I have to go to apps and click on the program to turn it on. As for iphone, go to settings and applications and tell it to stay on at all times.
Old 09-01-12, 11:03 AM
ECL
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rexus300
"Listen" mode is when the Enform application is running in the background and will not pair unless in the car. If the enform app is off and not on background mode then it will not pair at all even if bluetooth is connected. My android shows the enform application on the top left hand corner in listen state. If that is not there then I have to go to apps and click on the program to turn it on. As for iphone, go to settings and applications and tell it to stay on at all times.
Of there is a way to do that in the settIngs of the iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1, I have been unable to find it.
Old 09-01-12, 07:20 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

enform works fine with my LG Lucid, no problems so far.

Quick Reply: Trouble in 4GS with Lexus Enform Connection!!