GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Apexi Smart Accel - Install and Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-17, 01:33 AM
Danphan
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can this turn on/off? I wouldn't want it live on start up, just in case the wife tries to put my car in the garage and ends up in the back yard.
Old 05-19-17, 06:53 AM
korupted
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Danphan
Can this turn on/off? I wouldn't want it live on start up, just in case the wife tries to put my car in the garage and ends up in the back yard.
I don't think there is a setting to turn it off. You could, however, put it on the lowest setting whenever she drives it.
Old 05-19-17, 10:07 AM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have mine setup to reset to the off position every time I turn my car off. That way if somebody else drives, its at the stock setting every time you start the car. I don't mind pressing the button every time I drive to turn it on. I have to switch my drive mode to Sport S+ anyway.

Old 05-19-17, 10:31 AM
korupted
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I may be wrong. When I start my car it looks like it's set to factory settings since the light is not on. After I click on it once, it's set to my last setting
Old 05-19-17, 10:54 AM
Danphan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fsportjay
I have mine setup to reset to the off position every time I turn my car off. That way if somebody else drives, its at the stock setting every time you start the car. I don't mind pressing the button every time I drive to turn it on. I have to switch my drive mode to Sport S+ anyway.
Did you wire this a specific way to achieve this? Or is that it's default. That would be ideal for me
Old 05-19-17, 10:57 AM
jsndin
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you wire this a specific way to achieve this? Or is that it's default. That would be ideal for me
I think this is default. Mines turns off after I turn off my car. When I turn my car back on, light remains off until I turn on the switch.
Old 05-19-17, 11:25 AM
Danphan
Driver School Candidate

Sounds good. Thanks guys. Bought it on ebay with harness from japex_trading for $205 CAD cheapest I've seen
Old 05-19-17, 01:49 PM
Danphan
Driver School Candidate

Sounds good. Thanks guys. Bought it on ebay with harness from japex_trading for $205 CAD cheapest I've seen
Old 05-22-17, 09:56 AM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

It's a software option you can choose. Let me see if I can find an online PDF manual.

Old 05-22-17, 10:46 AM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

So basically the harness plugs into the factory pedal and wire comes out of it... simple as that? I might get this since getting exhaust/midpipe on
Old 05-22-17, 12:13 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Very simple plug and play install. Just read the programming instructions a few times over and you'll be set.

Originally Posted by djrabbi
So basically the harness plugs into the factory pedal and wire comes out of it... simple as that? I might get this since getting exhaust/midpipe on
Old 05-22-17, 12:15 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Here is the install and programming manual:

http://www.apexi-usa.com/manuals/electronics/smart.pdf

Old 05-23-17, 10:55 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by djrabbi
The hardest part for me was getting the connector from the pedal off. Its incredibly akward trying to reach up to unplug it.
Old 06-07-17, 08:59 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Finally pulled the trigger on ordering and installing this! It really wakes up the car and makes it so much fun to drive. Really gets rid of the lag and the transmission always seems to be in the right gear now. Definitely worth the price. Install was easy and took less than 20 mins. I didn't have to pull any panels off and mounted the button on the space next to the steering wheel column, below the Trip/Odo button (can't see the annoying reflection of the button in the window). Now I'm going to watch my already poor fuel economy go down even more. I have it set to turn on in the last setting (purple mode) when I start the car.

Just learned that you shouldn't push past the detent on the accelerator. Causes the module to need to be calibrated again.

Last edited by dchar; 06-07-17 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-08-17, 08:59 AM
kcstunna82
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Finally pulled the trigger on ordering and installing this! It really wakes up the car and makes it so much fun to drive. Really gets rid of the lag and the transmission always seems to be in the right gear now. Definitely worth the price. Install was easy and took less than 20 mins. I didn't have to pull any panels off and mounted the button on the space next to the steering wheel column, below the Trip/Odo button (can't see the annoying reflection of the button in the window). Now I'm going to watch my already poor fuel economy go down even more. I have it set to turn on in the last setting (purple mode) when I start the car.

Just learned that you shouldn't push past the detent on the accelerator. Causes the module to need to be calibrated again.
Thanks for sharing. I've been thinking about getting this one myself. Been trying decide if I should get fogs first or this.

Quick Reply: Apexi Smart Accel - Install and Review