GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Headlight wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-12, 11:39 AM
alex206
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight wiring diagram

Does anybody know which colored wire is the daytime running lights? Or does anybody have the diagram? I have just installed my fogs and want to tap into the daytime lights. Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-03-12, 12:35 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If nobody tells you how to do it for free. You can get the answer here. It will cost $15 for 48hr access, but it has all the tech documents you will need.

Post up when you are finished, as I am thinking about getting the fogs for my F Sport and would like to know how you did it.
Old 08-03-12, 01:23 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

If you have a voltmeter you could find out.
Old 08-03-12, 04:51 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by alex206
Does anybody know which colored wire is the daytime running lights? Or does anybody have the diagram? I have just installed my fogs and want to tap into the daytime lights. Thanks in advance!!
The DRL will dim at night so I'm sure you don't want your fog light dim too.
Old 08-09-12, 05:56 PM
alex206
Rookie

Default Finally got it working!!

I finally got the fogs to work. Pretty easy install once you know what you are doing. Now waiting on my Piaa plasmas!! I had a set of Piaa fogs laying around from years ago that I never used, so I took the wiring harness and installed it with the OEM fogs and jdm covers. I might be the only one in the Seattle area with a F sport with fogs!!
Old 08-09-12, 06:30 PM
Allb18c
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome - got any pics?

I was also thinking about using a foglight kit and doing the same thing. Do you have the specific info about where you tapped in?
Old 08-09-12, 07:57 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by alex206
I finally got the fogs to work. Pretty easy install once you know what you are doing. Now waiting on my Piaa plasmas!! I had a set of Piaa fogs laying around from years ago that I never used, so I took the wiring harness and installed it with the OEM fogs and jdm covers. I might be the only one in the Seattle area with a F sport with fogs!!

Since you may be the first DIY guy with the fogs, then help the rest of us out with some directions !
The following users liked this post:
odumfranc (10-02-20)
Old 08-09-12, 10:44 PM
alex206
Rookie

Talking pics....

Originally Posted by Allb18c
Awesome - got any pics?

I was also thinking about using a foglight kit and doing the same thing. Do you have the specific info about where you tapped in?
Ok, so as long as you have the wiring harness for foglights, you are all set. Tapping the power line to the parking lights was a bit difficult to do at first b/c I didn't want to take off the bumper and so I was reaching underneath the car. First, you have to remove the white harness that connects to the headlight.

The wires to tap is pin # 17 or 19 (green in color). This wire will power on when your parking lights or headlights are turned on. (not the daytime running lights). Then put everything back together.

I put the switch inside the cabin right under the parking brake. Only the driver who's looking for it will see it. the parking brake light and the switch light match in my opinion.

This whole mod cost me roughly $125. I'm super happy as it looks OEM. Thanks to Nigel_JDMParts for the covers. I bought a set of aftermarket fogs on ebay and switched it off with my wife's venza so I have OEM fog light housing
Attached Thumbnails Headlight wiring diagram-image.jpeg   Headlight wiring diagram-image_1.jpeg   Headlight wiring diagram-image_2.jpeg   Headlight wiring diagram-image_3.jpeg   Headlight wiring diagram-image_4.jpeg  

Old 08-10-12, 12:13 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

Thanks for the write up.....Great job! How long did it take to do from actually putting the fogs in the housing to wiring it up with the switch?
Old 08-10-12, 07:00 AM
alex206
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mixman
Thanks for the write up.....Great job! How long did it take to do from actually putting the fogs in the housing to wiring it up with the switch?
Probably about a good 4 hours, but a lot of it was figuring out which wire to tap and stuff. The actual install w/o power was about an hour.
Old 08-10-12, 07:55 AM
Allb18c
Driver

This is good information.

Now I'm thinking to use this so I won't need to run a wire through the firewall.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMOTE-WIRIN...#ht_2503wt_922

It would really be cool to find out the pin outs to the OEM luxury stalk is to find the fog switch.
Old 08-10-12, 08:10 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

This is good information.

Now I'm thinking to use this so I won't need to run a wire through the firewall.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMOTE-WIRIN...#ht_2503wt_922

It would really be cool to find out the pin outs to the OEM luxury stalk is to find the fog switch.

Good find. I could tap into the pins Alex mentioned and be able to switch on and off without running wires into the cabin. In all honesty I would probably keep the fogs on with the lights 90% of the time anyway.
Old 08-10-12, 10:17 AM
Allb18c
Driver

Another question,

When you mounted the fog lights did you use all 4 mount points? I read somewhere that only 2 are used. If so which ones were they? I'm seeing a bunch of used lights but some of the tabs are missing.
Old 08-10-12, 10:55 AM
alex206
Rookie

Another question,

When you mounted the fog lights did you use all 4 mount points? I read somewhere that only 2 are used. If so which ones were they? I'm seeing a bunch of used lights but some of the tabs are missing.
It was only 2 mounts on each side. Both on the top. In all honesty, going thru the firewall wasn't hard. There's a rubber plunge that I found that slips in real easy. Took me less than 10 min to install the switch from inside thru the firewall.
Old 10-23-13, 11:37 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Which REMOTE WIRING HARNESS you guys bought? Any feedback? Decides not to run wires through firewall. It's a headache to run wires through Lexus firewall!

Quick Reply: Headlight wiring diagram