GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

ML/Door Rattle..

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-12, 10:34 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default ML/Door Rattle..

thought it was the speaker,,, but the sound is coming from the piano black insert over the window buttons on the drivers side. lexus took a video and sent it to corporate, they called back and said there was nothing they could do. was told ML is a powerful system and the deep bass is going to cause rattles and shakes at a certain volume. so every other word out of my mouth was "WTF". they don't understand that alot of us don't want to hear "there is nothing we can do". will be going back tomorrow to speak to the GM and see what he says (he's a good friend so if he says there's nothing he can do then i'll leave them alone(MAYBE). BTW,,, was told that the lowering springs for our cars was pushed back to December.
Old 08-08-12, 10:46 AM
maxwebr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard that as well. Keep us informed. WTF on the springs.. they are just springs.. how hard is it to engineer that! Makes we wonder if they will ever get the exhaust or intake by 2014 at this rate!
Old 08-08-12, 11:33 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully Tanabe or Eibach will step up and get some springs out sooner.....my AWD looks like a truck!!!
Old 08-08-12, 11:37 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have ML and I have the same exact rattle on my door. It is sooooo annoying with some bass frequencies. If i hold my hand over the window lock button it stops, or i press my left knee into the door. I was going to just dynomat the front doors.
Old 08-08-12, 12:57 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
I have ML and I have the same exact rattle on my door. It is sooooo annoying with some bass frequencies. If i hold my hand over the window lock button it stops, or i press my left knee into the door. I was going to just dynomat the front doors.
if you dynamat the door will it stop the rattling,,, because it's actually not the door its the black insert over the window buttons. i don't think dynamatting the door is going to stop the rattle.
Old 08-08-12, 12:59 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Try to roll down the driver door window just a little bit might help in this problem.

I found that the driver window roll up all the way tight will cause stress on the door panel then rattle.

Not so called "Perfection" Lexus.

Hope this help.
Old 08-08-12, 05:04 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't blasted my ML yet, but if there are enough complaints about the rattle Lexus is ought to come up with a solution, screw that there is nothing we can do bs excuse.
Old 08-08-12, 06:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by maxwebr
I have heard that as well. Keep us informed. WTF on the springs.. they are just springs.. how hard is it to engineer that! Makes we wonder if they will ever get the exhaust or intake by 2014 at this rate!
was told by the parts manager that they don't sell alot of the f-sport springs so it's not a priority for alot of dealerships to stock them. so maybe that's why it's taking so long,,, IDK
Old 08-08-12, 08:50 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I haven't had the rattle problem with my ML, but I find with USB music sources I don't need to turn the Bass all the way up.

I did experience that same door rattle with my SC430, and that was with Bass turned to 4 out of 5. I hope Lexus makes good on it for you.
Old 08-09-12, 05:08 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Back in 08 I had an Acura TL Type S with the ELS sound system. Subwoofer was in the rear deck and also rattled. I brought it in to the dealer, and the "fix" from Acura was to turn the Bass down in the Sound Settings....
Old 08-09-12, 06:05 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
I haven't had the rattle problem with my ML, but I find with USB music sources I don't need to turn the Bass all the way up.

I did experience that same door rattle with my SC430, and that was with Bass turned to 4 out of 5. I hope Lexus makes good on it for you.
i only hear the rattle with the bluetooth streaming. SAT/REG radio,,, i get no rattle. and my bass is not even to the max. my mids and treble are higher.
Old 08-09-12, 06:44 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
thought it was the speaker,,, but the sound is coming from the piano black insert over the window buttons on the drivers side. lexus took a video and sent it to corporate, they called back and said there was nothing they could do. was told ML is a powerful system and the deep bass is going to cause rattles and shakes at a certain volume. so every other word out of my mouth was "WTF". they don't understand that alot of us don't want to hear "there is nothing we can do". will be going back tomorrow to speak to the GM and see what he says (he's a good friend so if he says there's nothing he can do then i'll leave them alone(MAYBE). BTW,,, was told that the lowering springs for our cars was pushed back to December.
Somebody should remind Lexus that rattles are not acceptable in luxury cars by any definition.

Even Audi doesn't have rattles, and if Audi can do it, does Lexus really want to aim lower?
Old 08-09-12, 07:59 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Somebody should remind Lexus that rattles are not acceptable in luxury cars by any definition.

Even Audi doesn't have rattles, and if Audi can do it, does Lexus really want to aim lower?
I had a rattle in my '09 A5 S-Line after 8,000 miles. Also, have you checked the A6 and A7 forums recently?
Old 08-09-12, 08:35 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i only hear the rattle with the bluetooth streaming. SAT/REG radio,,, i get no rattle. and my bass is not even to the max. my mids and treble are higher.
interesting... maybe it is some distortion in sound source causing it... keep in mind that bluetooth streaming has very low bitrate... did you try pluging the phone in?
Old 08-10-12, 06:58 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I had a rattle in my '09 A5 S-Line after 8,000 miles. Also, have you checked the A6 and A7 forums recently?
Interesting. Well that further reinforces my decision to buy a BMW! I had some rattle issues with my GS460 too, but the local dealer was largely able to resolve them.

I am sure the OPs rattle can be fixed, it's just that they are being lazy.

Quick Reply: ML/Door Rattle..