GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Text message help

Old 06-11-12, 10:15 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Text message help

Hopefully someone can help me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy sii and connects to my car very well most of the time. When I first paired the phone it uploaded my contact list to my car and automatically started reading me back my text messages while driving, I loved it.

That worked for a couple of weeks, now It does not pop up while driving, but when I go to messages they are there. I went into settings to make sure that the feature is still enabled and it is.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can remedy this problem?

Thanks,
JP
Old 06-11-12, 10:35 AM
DrKeith
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a Galaxy but I am trying to get my EVO 4G to get the message system to work.

It seems that you are getting the message list. If you click on a message can you send a quick reply?

If you are like me and never actually turn off you phone/reboot it then I would give that a try.

If that doesn't work then I would suggest deleting your phone from the GS, clear the car phonebook and then set up the phone bluetooth from scratch.

Good luck
Old 06-11-12, 11:17 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DrKeith
I don't have a Galaxy but I am trying to get my EVO 4G to get the message system to work.

It seems that you are getting the message list. If you click on a message can you send a quick reply?

If you are like me and never actually turn off you phone/reboot it then I would give that a try.

If that doesn't work then I would suggest deleting your phone from the GS, clear the car phonebook and then set up the phone bluetooth from scratch.

Good luck
I do power cycle my phone at least once a week. Also yes all my texts are there, and I can go to them and reply however I am not being notified now when they come.
Old 06-11-12, 11:20 AM
joehp1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evo 4G does not support the "map" function to enable this to work. See previous threads. Had one, did not work...got the new Evo LTE and it works.
Old 06-11-12, 02:50 PM
DrKeith
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a rooted EVO 4G with a ROM that includes the MAP bluetooth profile. When I tried this with the stock Sprint EVO operating system it just allowed phone and bluetooth.

@djpeakSD--Delete the GS from your phone's bluetooth and delete your phone from the GS then pair and start over.
Old 06-30-12, 07:58 PM
Lexus4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joehp1
Evo 4G does not support the "map" function to enable this to work. See previous threads. Had one, did not work...got the new Evo LTE and it works.
can you give me directions on how to get my htc evo 4g lte to work on my car right now it connects and i see phone book . but no emails or text messages.
Old 07-01-12, 05:49 AM
joehp1
Rookie

Car system default should be set to receive the text messages. It will not read back emails, as far as I know anyway. When your Bluetooth is connected to the phone/car have someone send you a text message. You will hear a beep and the messaging screen will pop up. Gives you option of having it read the message.
Old 07-01-12, 10:16 AM
Lexus4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joehp1
Car system default should be set to receive the text messages. It will not read back emails, as far as I know anyway. When your Bluetooth is connected to the phone/car have someone send you a text message. You will hear a beep and the messaging screen will pop up. Gives you option of having it read the message.
Thanks for the info i got it working . Now I can see text messages.
Old 07-01-12, 05:39 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Arrrgh! I just updated the OS on my HTC Incredible and wondered if it now supported MAP. I deleted and re-paired the phone with the GS and after initially working (still no MAP) it won't work at all. The car will be locked in the garage for the next couple days due to seal coating the driveway, so I'll have to play with in tomorrow evening.