GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lka

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-12, 01:10 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Lka

tested the LKA in my car today. i did get the beeping and blinking LKA lane on the display,,, however i did not feel any steering torque which is suppose to nudge you back into the center of the lane. maybe i was going to fast and didn't feel it. i'll be going to HOTLANTA soon to look for a house and i'll test all the goodies then.
Old 07-12-12, 01:16 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
tested the LKA in my car today. i did get the beeping and blinking LKA lane on the display,,, however i did not feel any steering torque which is suppose to nudge you back into the center of the lane. maybe i was going to fast and didn't feel it. i'll be going to HOTLANTA soon to look for a house and i'll test all the goodies then.
Did you allow the LKA system to arm? Arm meaning allowing the two diagonal lines fill in line this?

Old 07-12-12, 02:01 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Did you allow the LKA system to arm? Arm meaning allowing the two diagonal lines fill in line this?

IDK... so yuo're saying that when i activate LKA the lines are blue and when i start to veer the lines turn white and that means it's armed? be patient today is a slow day for me (mentally). i wasn't using the DRCC/PCS and i didn't see the SW icon on the display.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 07-12-12 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-12-12, 02:24 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I haven't driven with LKA in a Lexus, but in my dad's CLS550, it "arms" when it finds the lines in the road. So it really depends on the type of road you're on, and how fast you're going. I found that it arms much faster if you're going 40-60mph (60-100km/hr).
Old 07-12-12, 04:31 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mehran888
I haven't driven with LKA in a Lexus, but in my dad's CLS550, it "arms" when it finds the lines in the road. So it really depends on the type of road you're on, and how fast you're going. I found that it arms much faster if you're going 40-60mph (60-100km/hr).
if that's the case with lexus then i was going to fast,,, i was at 68/70. maybe that's why it didn't fully arm. but i did hear the beeping.
Old 07-12-12, 05:11 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

if that's the case with lexus then i was going to fast,,, i was at 68/70. maybe that's why it didn't fully arm. but i did hear the beeping.
Sorry I should have been clear. If you go faster it shouldn't "arm" any slower. The reason I stated those two speeds is because they're our standard speedlimits in the city and freeway respectively, so I noticed it at around those speeds.

M
Old 07-12-12, 05:32 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if lexus uses the same program for LKA across the lineup. on my wife's HS it has to be under cruise control otherwise It wouldn't do anything if only LKA is turned on...just thought this might help~ =)
Old 07-12-12, 05:34 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyo7878
I don't know if lexus uses the same program for LKA across the lineup. on my wife's HS it has to be under cruise control otherwise It wouldn't do anything if only LKA is turned on...just thought this might help~ =)
That is correct.

Last edited by rlj4246; 07-12-12 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-12-12, 07:13 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kyo7878
for the 2013 GS the CC doesn't have to be activated in order for the LKA to work. well i'll go out tomorrow and play with it some more,,,, nice long drive,, think i'll jump on the L.I.E. to Riverhead L.I. or Woodbury Commons, to the outlets. anybody need anything
Old 07-12-12, 07:47 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the 2013 GS the CC doesn't have to be activated in order for the LKA to work. well i'll go out tomorrow and play with it some more,,,, nice long drive,, think i'll jump on the L.I.E. to Riverhead L.I. or Woodbury Commons, to the outlets. anybody need anything
Thanks for clarifying that up, if I had known no cc is required I would have ordered mine with it..doh!

Woodbury commons!! Sure brings back lots of memories during my college years lol
Old 07-12-12, 08:19 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all sounds pretty complicated. It's easier for me to keep my eyes glued and my senses keen.
Old 07-12-12, 11:29 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

LKA arm when either left or right lane with solid white line. When you hear the beep beep and blinking that mean LKA active and working. I agreed with not much steering force on the steering wheel to bring the car back to center.

LKA on 4GS work without cruise control. And NOT working when your speed below 30mph.

Infiniti M series LKA and Laser cruise control work much better. You can feel strong force and it really does keep the car in center lane. Also Laser cruise control (Infiniti call them Distance Control Assist) does bring the car to complete stop.

Last edited by onexcite; 07-12-12 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-12-12, 11:32 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vasili
It all sounds pretty complicated. It's easier for me to keep my eyes glued and my senses keen.
Two thumbs enthusiastically up!
Old 07-13-12, 08:56 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vasili
nah,,, it's not complicated at all. everything has a learning curve. my only gripe is when you hear beeps and you're trying to figure out which beep it is, LKA,DRCC, SENSORS etc,, (when someone or something gets to close to the sensors). it's a distraction because you're now looking at the display to figure it out and your eye is not on the road. if i see no danger in front, behind or on the side of me (via mirrors) i keep my eyes on the road so the beeps don't distract me anymore.
Old 07-13-12, 07:18 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I love these new techs & toys on 4GS but they definitely need fine tune & some improvement.

Quick Reply: Lka