GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Some a%#*hole hurt my baby.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-12, 08:32 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My blood is boiling just thinking about this crap! Heck, I washed my car on Saturday and after only 19 days of ownership...I've already got a HUGE stone chip in my hood and I don't even ride peoples A$$ when I drive. I'm still pissed about that...and that is so minor compared to what you're going through. I'm in the same boat with a family, so it's not worth going to jail over, but so not sure I could control my anger if I witnessed it.

I've been fortunate enough to report a hit and run for someone else one day at an Olive Garden. Thos bastard’s ended up paying big time and the guy I helped sent me a thank you check in the mail for $100.00. Totally not needed...for me it's all about paying it forward!!!

Best of luck to your repair!!!

So sorry man!!!!
Old 06-11-12, 04:19 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

thanx for all you kind words and support. i really appreciate it. lexus has the car,,,, they couldn't believe it either. they gave me a CT200H as a loaner. just going say it's an experience to drive a hybrid. well maybe just that one. foot on brake push button,,,, and nothing,,, didn't hear or feel a damn thing but the car was on. something you would have to get used to i guess. will know more tomorrow about what they're going to do. was there from 10:30 am till 5:30 pm. had the 5000 mile service done with the HVAC update and the SSC CLC done, don't have a clue as to what the latter means so don't ask. will have blinkers set from 3 to 7(dealer only). anyway just wanted to says thanx fellas. will be posting pics.
Old 06-11-12, 04:36 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey man I feel for you. Glad to hear that Lexus has your car.
Old 06-11-12, 08:04 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If it makes you feel any better, I had already negotiated the trade on my '11 S5 Convertible (6,000 miles and mint condition) toward my new GS. I hand-washed and waxed that car incessantly.

Shortly before the new car arrived, a shelf in my garage fell on the rear passenger quarter of the S5. The shelf was holding CDs and flourescent lights. My S5 looked like it had been through a hail storm, with scratches and big dents.

Lexus took $1,000 off my trade but they gave me a new GS loaner car that same day and let me drive it until my car came in. (I guess they figured they couldn't take a chance on me doing an more damage.) I don't know what they did about the S5 because it was an Audi Exclusive color, but apparently they made it look good because it sold within a few weeks!
Old 06-11-12, 08:12 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
If it makes you feel any better, I had already negotiated the trade on my '11 S5 Convertible (6,000 miles and mint condition) toward my new GS. I hand-washed and waxed that car incessantly.

Shortly before the new car arrived, a shelf in my garage fell on the rear passenger quarter of the S5. The shelf was holding CDs and flourescent lights. My S5 looked like it had been through a hail storm, with scratches and big dents.

Lexus took $1,000 off my trade but they gave me a new GS loaner car that same day and let me drive it until my car came in. (I guess they figured they couldn't take a chance on me doing an more damage.) I don't know what they did about the S5 because it was an Audi Exclusive color, but apparently they made it look good because it sold within a few weeks!
i read that thread you posted,,, and i was telling myself if it wasn't for bad luck,,, you know the rest. i'm less homicidal today than i was yesterday. i'll be ok once i see what this miracle worker (lexus of rockville centre swears by this dude) does to fix my car. to me it won't be the same,,, she's been violated. the 2013 LS460 is looking kind of sexy.
Old 06-11-12, 08:17 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Your car will be perfect. Don't trade for an LS460. The LS is due for an update soon and you will be wondering why you made that decision. It will be like a "rebound" relationship.
Old 06-11-12, 08:21 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
Your car will be perfect. Don't trade for an LS460. The LS is due for an update soon and you will be wondering why you made that decision. It will be like a "rebound" relationship.
DO TELL,,, DO TELL. i guess you're right.
Old 06-11-12, 08:42 PM
Liferules
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sydtoosic, sorry to hear about your car. Several years ago, I had an uninsured illegal immigrant t-bone my brand new A6 that I'd had for 5 months--didn't speak English and didn't even have a wallet to ID himself. Did frame damage, etc... was out of commission for over 2 months getting rebuilt because insurance refused to total it--cost $40,000 to fix. Fortunately I was able to get a crazy German independent body shop owner who was OCD about fixing cars like new and I drove the car another 6 years without problem--but killed me to have the car mauled when so new...
Old 06-11-12, 08:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

As long as the shop is good, you'll never know it was damaged.

Really a bummer though, I feel for ya.
Old 06-11-12, 09:38 PM
1GSLuVeR
Rookie

I keep hearing about this and seeing this happen much more and more in new york now. Someone sees a clean nicely kept car and could care less because his or her piece of **** does not match up to what they are parked next to. So what do they do? Be a complete **** and do something ignorant and stupid like this. I am sorry to hear about your car dude. I really am
Old 06-12-12, 05:31 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry to hear sydtoosic.

You're absolutely right that health, family, and so on are much more important than a car. But it's hard to get over that when something like this happens that didn't need to happen.

I'm sure the repairs will not be noticeable. All the best.
Old 06-12-12, 12:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mehran888
Sorry to hear sydtoosic.

You're absolutely right that health, family, and so on are much more important than a car. But it's hard to get over that when something like this happens that didn't need to happen.

I'm sure the repairs will not be noticeable. All the best.
thanx 888.
Old 06-12-12, 01:39 PM
Krstobond
Rookie

I hate that sh!:* with a passion. Even if you park away from others. Seem like its a serial luxury car hater club riding around looking for fine automobiles to scratch up and damage. Then to vanish without a trace. They must meet in a musty abandoned Warehouse to celebrate there works. I am determined to catch the son of a biscuit eaters.
Old 06-12-12, 05:39 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man you aint the only one, some lady was texting on her phone and wasnt paying attenion and swerve and hit my driver side quarter panel on my 4gs and continue and hit myDoors. Had my uncle shop fix it up look brand new but still i know what you mean just dosent feel right no more think about atleast once a day
Old 06-12-12, 07:17 PM
lexesty72
Driver

Damn...another victim...sorry to hear that...

Quick Reply: Some a%#*hole hurt my baby.