GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Gonna brag with my GS350F

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-12, 12:07 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Just be glad you guys in NA only have to pay around 60,000 USD for your GS F-Sport.......
Old 06-11-12, 03:59 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by natnut
Just be glad you guys in NA only have to pay around 60,000 USD for your GS F-Sport.......
And your point?

No offense mate, all I'm just stating is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion (regardless if it's positive or negative). Just saying

Anyways:
@to the OP/thread starter
Is Mark Levinson for the 4GS available in the GCC Middle East? If it is, then damn, you guys get some good stuff.

With that said, shame on Lexus Manila (Philippines) for cheapening on our audio system.

Imagine this:
GS 3rd gen (GS460) with 14-speaker Mark Levinson sound system -> GS 4th gen (GS350) with only 12 speaker Lexus Premium sound

Price is same.

I would've been okay if the price is unchanged even with a reduction of engine displacement. That's fine with me..............but to go cheapening on the audio system for our version here? Seems like a downgrade to me.......and I'm not appreciating what Lexus Manila did here.

P.S.
Wow, I didn't know the GS 4th gen had AUTO PARKING. This is only the first I've heard of it. (aka thought only the Lexus LS has this kind of thing). I'm shocked haha

Nevertheless, cool thing to have
Old 06-11-12, 04:26 AM
GtiB
Driver

Originally Posted by iggyhop9
Where at in the Middle East? I'm over here for work too and I have yet to see a 4GS.
Abudhabi at the moment .. Got it from saudi as its cheaper and fully loaded .. Whats ur location ?
Old 06-11-12, 04:34 AM
GtiB
Driver

Originally Posted by Blackraven
And your point?

No offense mate, all I'm just stating is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion (regardless if it's positive or negative). Just saying

Anyways:
@to the OP/thread starter
Is Mark Levinson for the 4GS available in the GCC Middle East? If it is, then damn, you guys get some good stuff.

With that said, shame on Lexus Manila (Philippines) for cheapening on our audio system.

Imagine this:
GS 3rd gen (GS460) with 14-speaker Mark Levinson sound system -> GS 4th gen (GS350) with only 12 speaker Lexus Premium sound

Price is same.

I would've been okay if the price is unchanged even with a reduction of engine displacement. That's fine with me..............but to go cheapening on the audio system for our version here? Seems like a downgrade to me.......and I'm not appreciating what Lexus Manila did here.

P.S.
Wow, I didn't know the GS 4th gen had AUTO PARKING. This is only the first I've heard of it. (aka thought only the Lexus LS has this kind of thing). I'm shocked haha

Nevertheless, cool thing to have
ML is not an option in the GCC !! Every 4GS has it execpt the 250 model ..
I know wt u mean mate .. The weird thing is japan are next to u !!! They should offer all these features and more !
Auto parking on the other hand is just another feature ur barely gonna use
Old 06-11-12, 04:54 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

And your point?

My point? Just saying that between paying 230,000 USD for a GS350 F-Sport and having to pay 58,000 USD and then paying slightly extra for DRS/ML and doing without powered trunk and autoclosing wing mirrors, guess which option I'd take?

No offense taken. I just wanted to point out an alternative viewpoint. From where I'm at, I sort of envy the guys over in the States with their relatively cheaper cars.

But I agree : overall Lexus has to offer the entire gamut of options so as to be fully customisable like the Top Tier German brands.
Old 06-11-12, 07:18 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by natnut
My point? Just saying that between paying 230,000 USD for a GS350 F-Sport and having to pay 58,000 USD and then paying slightly extra for DRS/ML and doing without powered trunk and autoclosing wing mirrors, guess which option I'd take?

No offense taken. I just wanted to point out an alternative viewpoint. From where I'm at, I sort of envy the guys over in the States with their relatively cheaper cars.

But I agree : overall Lexus has to offer the entire gamut of options so as to be fully customisable like the Top Tier German brands.
Ah I see.

I know Lexus generally doesn't offer this kind of immense customization outside of Japan.

However
I think there is still a way to make it possible...................if you know the right connections

Old 06-11-12, 08:59 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The trunk thing really bothers me. The backup lines, not so much. But seriously lexus we should have power trunk and folding mirrors for $60k! I absolutely love my car, but I think it would be really close to perfect with those two options.
Old 06-11-12, 09:37 AM
GtiB
Driver

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
The trunk thing really bothers me. The backup lines, not so much. But seriously lexus we should have power trunk and folding mirrors for $60k! I absolutely love my car, but I think it would be really close to perfect with those two options.
I have the folding side-mirrors feature on my 2007 IS !! am not sure what lexus US are thinking of !
Old 06-11-12, 11:06 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

ahhh!!! very nice again a feature i wish my GS had!!
Old 06-11-12, 12:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

one of those things that make me irritated about the USDM GS is the lack of reverse prediction lines. The Infiniti G37 has them..
Old 06-11-12, 02:26 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Awesome Features.....!!!

Do you get Fog Lights in that region too...???

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-11-12 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-11-12, 10:06 PM
GtiB
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Awesome Features.....!!!

Do you get Fog Lights in that region too...???

~ Joe Z
not really ..
although i can order them but personally i like this aggressive look of my gs .. dont wanna ruin it with fog lights .. plus i didn't even switch the fog lights when i had them on my 2010 ES
Old 06-11-12, 11:36 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by GtiB
my hometown is california, but right now am working in the middle east .. gonna change the location ! cheers
I hate you, but I can't hate at the same time. CONGRATS!
Old 06-11-12, 11:37 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Ah I see.

I know Lexus generally doesn't offer this kind of immense customization outside of Japan.

However
I think there is still a way to make it possible...................if you know the right connections

Haha this pic looks really familiar.
Old 06-12-12, 05:00 AM
GtiB
Driver

Hahaha Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Gonna brag with my GS350F