GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS F-Sport Fog light upgrade kit??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-12, 12:24 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mixman
Does it come with instructions on how to do at least the on/off switch install? It seems like with the harness I would just plug into the lighting system of the car and have the option to turn it off with the switch? Also, is there a visual difference between the Lexus Fogs and the OEM Style fogs? I might have to do a self install as i don't have a Tommy here in NJ I can go too without getting reamed on the install price.
I am sorry that I don't have an instructions on how to do it.
But the other thread has a video and photo of it from JoeZ.
The custom harness are for the Fog Light, the GS F-Sport do NOT come with pre-wire.

There is no visual difference between the Lexus Fog light housing/OEM Style Fog light housing.
They both look in the same shape and clear lens, but you will see the difference in quality.
That's why the OEM Style fog light are cheaper.

Originally Posted by emcman
I am interested in option 3 or 5. I will see if any others are on board.
A few people in SoCal had installed.

Originally Posted by kyo7878
I'm down for option #5, but does it come with instruction?
I am sorry that there is none.
Old 08-02-12, 12:25 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikec78
Check out the install the Tommy did for me a while back with a video clip...(Fog lights on my FSport)
I did the luxury install (worth it):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...eo-inside.html

My car is with Tommy right now getting the calipers painted (I will post the finished pictures later in a different thread).
Thank You for the reply.

Please post up some more details/pictures if you can.
Old 08-02-12, 09:56 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
I am sorry that I don't have an instructions on how to do it.
But the other thread has a video and photo of it from JoeZ.
The custom harness are for the Fog Light, the GS F-Sport do NOT come with pre-wire.

There is no visual difference between the Lexus Fog light housing/OEM Style Fog light housing.
They both look in the same shape and clear lens, but you will see the difference in quality.
That's why the OEM Style fog light are cheaper.
Thanks for the response. I think in order to get a group buy rolling, it might be good to have Tommy write up some instructions, I would even pay extra for that. Here in NJ, I don't have an installer that I can trust, so instructions would go a long way for DIYers or even those that want to take it to an installer.....especially for an install of the OEM stalk. This way that installer would know immediately what needs to be done and what to charge. Right now, I am in limbo as to whether to order this. I don't know what needs to be done with the install or if I can do it myself.....I am talking about the simple switch option as I know the stalk needs to be done by a professional.
Old 08-02-12, 10:55 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm waiting for those instructions too. And I'm interested in the HID yellow fogs.

Last edited by mso4; 08-02-12 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-02-12, 05:45 PM
HizGSF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just my fog light, option #2 kit, from Nigel-JDMParts today and I am very pleased with quality of the parts and wire harness. The only item that I wish it came with is a DIY instructions. I would be more than happy to pay for it.
Old 08-02-12, 05:47 PM
Winson6628
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think everyone is worried about the install costing too much It'd b nice to really get sum written up instructions cuz it would help ppl that r going to their local shops in their locations. Im very interested in this but I want to do it with the stalk instead of an custom switch. So Id like as much information on taking the steering wheel and airbags out and doing it right with the wiring and such. Please try to have tommy write an write up if possible, thanks Nigel.
Old 08-09-12, 09:04 PM
Allb18c
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in when the kits come with install instructions.
Old 08-12-12, 07:33 PM
Winson6628
Driver

I ordered option 3 this past Friday, going to get an professional to install them in with the OEM Stalk, will take pictures after they r installed. Waiting for the fogs and hardware to come in.
Old 08-13-12, 05:22 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Keep us updated on how long it takes them and how much they charge you. I'm betting 250-300 for install.
Old 08-13-12, 09:28 AM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Keep us updated on how long it takes them and how much they charge you. I'm betting 250-300 for install.
Yup I'll try to c if they will let me take pictures and watch them do the install so we can figure out how difficult it is. Well my buddy knows te shop and recommended me to go to them for the install. I'm hoping no more then 200, since I'll have all the hardware. But I'm gonna get them to install an hid kit in the fogs so will definitely have pictures.
Old 08-16-12, 02:37 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Winson6628
Yup I'll try to c if they will let me take pictures and watch them do the install so we can figure out how difficult it is. Well my buddy knows te shop and recommended me to go to them for the install. I'm hoping no more then 200, since I'll have all the hardware. But I'm gonna get them to install an hid kit in the fogs so will definitely have pictures.
Wait for your update.
Old 08-16-12, 09:14 AM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Wait for your update.
The fog lights will b here Tuesday the 21st. So will have them installed sumtime next week. Will keep u guys updated.
Old 08-23-12, 10:19 PM
Winson6628
Driver

I updated my post and posted pictures, check it out.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-project.html
Old 01-15-13, 01:35 PM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have searched here for detail DIY installing the JDM Spec Fog lights but haven't coming up anything especially using the kit NIgel is offering. I saw one in reference to the wiring diagram harness but i think he was using different switch not the JDM Stalk switch..
Old 03-31-13, 08:14 AM
uaesnake
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i am having lexus GS Luxury that came with the fog light and i am planing to change the bumper to F edition then i need to buy the fog light garnish only

Quick Reply: GS F-Sport Fog light upgrade kit??