GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Seatbelt Adjuster Noise

Old 05-24-12, 09:20 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seatbelt Adjuster Noise

So after fixing the under dash noise that I had, which was rather loud I might add, my interior became so quiet that I could now hear the seatbelt adjuster making a noise. When I touch it, the noise goes away so it's definitely the mechanism. I've tried it at all positions, same noise. Has anyone noticed this and know of a simple fix short of sticking a wedge of paper in it so it doesn't buzz? Or have you had a successful repair from the dealer?

BTW while I was at it I took these pictures to share for those who have pointed out that the passenger seatbelt taps the B-pillar. When your passenger gets out of the car, the natural resting point for the seatbelt is this:

But if you simply turn it around so it hangs naturally from the pillar it will look like this and hug the seat making no noise at all.

Last edited by MY13GS350; 05-24-12 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-24-12, 10:28 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Mine does not make any noise...or at least none that I know of. Sorry.

I did figure out the seatbelt issue as well.
Old 05-24-12, 10:58 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine seem having some noise coming from the adjuster even with the buckle hangs naturally.
Old 05-24-12, 11:42 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by onexcite
Mine seem having some noise coming from the adjuster even with the buckle hangs naturally.
Yea its 2 totally different noises I described. The one where the seat belt hangs is the buckle tapping on the B-Pillar, easy fix, just turn it around.

The other noise is in the mechanism for hight adjustment, almost a buzzing sound. It stops when you press on the assembly. I might try to wedge a piece of paper in it and see if that fixes it... if so then I don't know... set it, loctite and forget it?? lol
Old 05-24-12, 12:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

no noise from SB adjuster,,, yes noise from SB hitting b-pillar. will try your quick fix. thanx.
Old 05-24-12, 04:25 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Lexus engineers should have look over and over again in these area to isolate the noise/rattle before release a new design car like this. These noise are common from the previous gen and I wonder how hard for them to isolate it. Firing them for not doing their job well. Again, Lexus had let us down.
Old 05-26-12, 12:18 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Got rattle from driver side mirror when closing the driver door. Noise coming from mirror actuator vibration when slam close the driver door. Passenger side is fine no rattle.
Very disappointed with noise/rattle from a brand new 4GS with less than 2K miles.
Old 05-27-12, 08:06 AM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a rattle (faint) coming from what seems to be the B-pillar area. I have tried locating it by pushing on trim pieces (including seatbelt adjuster) but can't seem to find it. I really don't want the dealer to just start taking things apart trying to find it (I'm a little OCD about my cars).

Last edited by gkcmilner; 05-27-12 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-27-12, 08:28 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by gkcmilner
I have a rattle (faint) coming from what seems to be the B-pillar area. I have tried locating it by pushing on trim pieces (including seatbelt adjuster) but can't seem to find it. I really don't want the dealer to just start taking things apart trying to find it (I'm a little OCD about my cars).
Try pressing on the plastic door/window frame I occasionally hear a noise coming from the vertical piece I'm pointing to in this picture.

Old 05-27-12, 09:54 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Turn on the radio... LoL...

Everything makes noise and I have learned to control my OCD tendencies.....

One time I was chasing a rattle noise and took apart the whole glove box in my IS-F.. Only to realize it was my sunglasses in the overhead compartment..

Either way, you can't make everything 100% noiseless.. I've come to live with that Fact..

~ Joe Z
Old 05-27-12, 10:08 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joe Z

One time I was chasing a rattle noise and took apart the whole glove box in my IS-F.. Only to realize it was my sunglasses in the overhead compartment..

Either way, you can't make everything 100% noiseless.. I've come to live with that Fact..

~ Joe Z
haha very good points! I too removed a door speaker chasing a rattle to find it was sunglasses in the overhead... I wonder if thats why my GS doesn't have an overhead compartment for sunglasses...
Old 05-27-12, 11:08 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z

~ Joe Z
LOL now that was funny. took apart your glove box and it was your sunglasses
Old 05-27-12, 11:11 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I think we're all OCD on CL. i guess it depends on the degree of OCD that separates Obsessive form crazy.
Old 05-31-12, 08:17 PM
steilkurve
Rookie

I am noticing a noise from the B pillar over bumps or rough pavement. It doesn't go away if I press the window frame or the seat belt adjuster. Perhaps it is the adjuster but it's not the above buzz and again, doesn't go away when pressed. Anyone been to a dealer with those? Any fix?
Old 10-06-12, 01:08 AM
sarmyth
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got the rattle from the adjuster as well when hitting larger bumps. Fortunately the only noise in my GS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seatbelt Adjuster Noise