GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

DVD while driving

Old 01-21-13, 10:03 AM
sprtent
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Since you only pull out two connections from the back of the unit, the unit itself has to be laying there so I would definitely recommend placing thick layer of towl on the enter console and over the shift **** and as far in as possible.* I remember also taping the ends of my prying tools since I had to pry hard at the bottoms of the trim. Take extra care here.

The module was small and thin enough so I double-sided taped it to the bottom of the unit.

I didnt disconnect the battery and never experienced any problem. Instructions said to.
Old 01-21-13, 11:59 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Wow the installation is very straight forward, just called PS and ordered the bypass for my navi! You guys are awesome thanks for posting.

Thanks to the great guys at prestigious they are very professional and willing to explain everything to you!

I was so happy with them i even orded the bypass for my 2011 highlander at the same time!

I will try and install everything today post feedback on the install.
Old 01-21-13, 02:14 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
Wow the installation is very straight forward, just called PS and ordered the bypass for my navi! You guys are awesome thanks for posting.

Thanks to the great guys at prestigious they are very professional and willing to explain everything to you!

I was so happy with them i even orded the bypass for my 2011 highlander at the same time!

I will try and install everything today post feedback on the install.
I'd like to know how this turns out for you, so please keep us posted.
Old 01-22-13, 12:02 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Ok just finished up the install on my GS and i have to say it was VERY easy! The instructions are extremely detailed and walk you step by step. The hardest part is making sure to cover the paneling underneath the radio so it doesn't get scratched when you take it out and set it down.

It works like a charm the dvd is always ready to be watched without having to do the sequence and when you do use the override for other things it turns on and off within a second and the nav relocates within 3-4 seconds.

I also found the best location for the PS module to mount is under the radio on the passenger side.

If anyone is on the fence about this mod, in my opinion it is a must have. Even if you have never done any mods on a car, dont let that deter you, the instructions are so good and this car is so straight forward it was fun doing!

Also the service and level of professionalism that PS has is second to none!

Thank you Mark from PS!
Old 01-22-13, 06:49 AM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
Ok just finished up the install on my GS and i have to say it was VERY easy! The instructions are extremely detailed and walk you step by step. The hardest part is making sure to cover the paneling underneath the radio so it doesn't get scratched when you take it out and set it down.

It works like a charm the dvd is always ready to be watched without having to do the sequence and when you do use the override for other things it turns on and off within a second and the nav relocates within 3-4 seconds.

I also found the best location for the PS module to mount is under the radio on the passenger side.

If anyone is on the fence about this mod, in my opinion it is a must have. Even if you have never done any mods on a car, dont let that deter you, the instructions are so good and this car is so straight forward it was fun doing!

Also the service and level of professionalism that PS has is second to none!

Thank you Mark from PS!
Old 01-22-13, 07:12 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Sounds pretty cool. How exactly do you activate the module?
Old 01-22-13, 07:21 AM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Volume button. (-)(-)(+)(+)
Old 01-22-13, 10:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by HUSKERnKS
Volume button. (-)(-)(+)(+)
yup, that's the sequence to enable / disable the override on nav / phone

dvd override is always enabled
Old 04-17-14, 12:47 PM
leirbag
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any way to get an auxiliary video input onto the Nav screen?
Old 06-03-14, 10:39 PM
10racer
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up DVD override

I just purchased a 2014 GS 350 F Sport and would love to override the DVD for my son. We travel a lot and it would be nice for him. Who can tell me the best override system to purchase. I am just outside of the LA area and would be willing to travel a bit for a good installer.
Old 06-04-14, 08:34 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 10racer
I just purchased a 2014 GS 350 F Sport and would love to override the DVD for my son. We travel a lot and it would be nice for him. Who can tell me the best override system to purchase. I am just outside of the LA area and would be willing to travel a bit for a good installer.
Installation is very easy for the 2013-2014 GS models. Anyone who knows how to use a socket wrench and a screw driver should be able to do it.

Here is the DIY if you want to see the process: BB6223 Installation on 2013-2014 GS Models

We also have a group buy on it as well:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...xus-100-a.html

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 07-27-14, 12:01 PM
dasadler
Driver School Candidate

Default Bypass product recommendation

Okay, on reviewing the discussions of NAV motion bypass systems, it seems there are two in common use. They are:

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/nav-dvd-...us/bb6223.html

and

http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=1188

Has anyone seen any comparison of these two systems? The price difference is only $60 but one of them (Prestigious Society product) apparently loses the map while the bypass system is activated and regains it once the system is deactivated. Not a deal killer but something of which you should be aware.

I want to have such a system installed on our newest Lexus and seek the collective wisdom of this group as to which product is best.

Last edited by dasadler; 07-27-14 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-27-14, 12:43 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Without actual modification to the head unit itself, I don't think the MAP gets updated while a DVD is playing. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure both systems kill the GPS input to the head unit so that the car's position is not updated until the system is turned off.

I will gladly stand corrected if Beat Sonic found a way to keep the map updated (even though you're not looking at the map while watching a DVD).
Old 07-27-14, 02:04 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

You can watch DVD while moving and using the NaV with the PS module. DVD while moving is always enabled. The keystrokes (--++) are only needed for Nav unlock.
Old 07-27-14, 03:07 PM
dasadler
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info. I realize now that I posted in the wrong thread as I do not have a DVD player in the ES. My question was NAV specific. Sorry about that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DVD while driving