GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS Vehicle Defects, Complaints, Etc..

Old 05-26-12, 06:50 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MY13GS350
I've noticed the aluminum trim reflection but was able to capture an image of it yesterday. The reflection overlays the mirror but the actual reflection is off the drivers door glass. If you roll the window down it's no longer there. (I didn't roll the window down for a second picture since the car was a bit dirty and I don't like to slide dirt down inside my door)

In any event, if you look close at the image you will also see the A/C vents from above the aluminum trim piece in the general area of the mirror/scene proving its a reflection on the door glass. It is definitely bright and obstructive inline with your vision tho. Solution? replace the trim with something darker. If it was real aluminum I would pull all of mine out and etch it and have reanodized black but it's plastic, sad to say

You've got to admit, that's a kickass looking mirror.
Old 05-26-12, 06:55 PM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
You've got to admit, that's a kickass looking mirror.
Heck yea! besides who cares about looking at the person you just passed, its about the pursuit of the next one coming up!
Old 05-26-12, 06:57 PM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Maybe I'm getting more mellow as I age, but I don't have any complaints about the car aside from spending too much money on it. I love the look, drive, comfort, electronics, etc.
Im right there with you! Love the car, had a couple noises I fixed myself and its awesome! Sadly tho, it cost more than my first house
Old 05-26-12, 07:46 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MY13GS350
... Sadly tho, it cost more than my first house
First house x 2 for me.
Old 05-26-12, 07:58 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have no whistling noise coming from either mirror, no rattles, don't care that the mirrors don't fold, don't find the trunk that hard to close with the interior handle and find the doors close with a nice solid thunk like a German car. I have also never left my change pocket open, so I've never hit my leg on it. I also have Dunlops that are smooth and quiet, so I guess I'm doing pretty well.

My only complaint is the reflection mentioned off the aluminum trim (and my windows are tinted), but if that is the only "defect" the car has I am happy to live with it.

This is on SWEET automobile that doesn't even deserve a thread on defects.
Old 05-26-12, 08:02 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I have no whistling noise coming from either mirror, no rattles, don't care that the mirrors don't fold, don't find the trunk that hard to close with the interior handle and find the doors close with a nice solid thunk like a German car. I have also never left my change pocket open, so I've never hit my leg on it. I also have Dunlops that are smooth and quiet, so I guess I'm doing pretty well.

My only complaint is the reflection mentioned off the aluminum trim (and my windows are tinted), but if that is the only "defect" the car has I am happy to live with it.

This is on SWEET automobile that doesn't even deserve a thread on defects.
I find that recent Lexus doors have a better closing sound than the big three german premium auto makers (class to class).
Old 10-31-12, 07:49 PM
sdd1648
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CraigerL4
I've got a whistling noise coming from the drivers mirror. I took it in and they told me it was coming from the protective film I had installed. I plan on getting the film removed and hoped that that would solve the problem. Now I'm not so sure.
Hi,

I have the same problem, wind noise from the driver side. I took it in and said it was the paint protection film. Did you get yours removed? Did the wind noise go away?
Old 10-31-12, 08:09 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G Star
I find that recent Lexus doors have a better closing sound than the big three german premium auto makers (class to class).
I dont think so my german cars, the door closes alot better its just very solid feel. The gs door how ever feels very light so you got to slam them abit.
Old 11-01-12, 04:31 AM
joehp1
Rookie

I had the wind noise...took the film off and it stopped. At first I did not believe it could be the problem...tried taping all around the window at first, with no luck.
Old 11-01-12, 05:16 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this was my main issue, I have to actually stop and wait for the little drop down text indicating that all my bluetooth and phone connections are made because it blocks the top part of the reverse camera. Also how do you get back to the reverse camera if you hit the radio button.

The drop down text that appears when I reverse my car soon after turing on the engine, it obstructs my view
Old 11-01-12, 07:45 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

For those that asked, I too got rid of the paint protection film on the side windows and the whistling stopped (or rather was drastically reduced).
Old 11-01-12, 10:09 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

For mine is vibrations can be felt on the steering & seats when engage in "D" mode. Once shift to "N" or "P" mode vibration gone! Brought back to agent they said it's normal as they tried on their test drive car, it's having the same vibrations.

& forgot to mention the engine is much noiser than previous models of Lexus. Ticking sound can be heard from under the car if u squat down & hear front the front wheel area. If pop bonnet, the ticking sound is even louder! It's like a tick or tuck sound! Other than that it's a very find car to drive! But mine is quite under power as mine is the G250 F Sport. Same body as the 350 but with a 2.5L V6 engine...0-100 in 8.6 seconds... Yawn....

Last edited by ronfsp; 11-01-12 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-01-12, 10:13 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

& for the wind noise i have it too. Very mild 1 but can be heard. But i think Lexus have themselves to blame...For making the cabin so quite with their sound proofing, every little noise can be heard! Haha!!!
Old 11-03-12, 07:56 PM
xyzstudio
Rookie

no power folding mirrors +1,
btw still discovering the problem !!!
Old 11-27-12, 06:51 PM
Daniely30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
Thank you. Wow, I must be blind because I've had the car since late March and have never noticed this "auxiliary box".
Lol, you not alone. I have the car for over a month, and as im checking this forum, I am wondering about this box by steering wheel. I didnt notice that thing yet. And i thought i stuck my nose rverywhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4GS Vehicle Defects, Complaints, Etc..