GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Another dealer to avoid....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-12, 06:43 AM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another dealer to avoid....

I just got any email from a salesperson at Route 10 Lexus in New Jersey that will give me $500.00 off the MSRP on a GS350 on the expressed condition that I come in and drive it. How stupid do they think I am?

Last edited by zoombie99; 05-14-12 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Corrected to show GS350
Old 05-14-12, 07:50 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by zoombie99
I just got any email from a salesperson at Route 10 Lexus in New Jersey that will give me $500.00 off the MSRP on a GS300 on the expressed condition that I come in and drive it. How stupid do they think I am?
GS300? Are you sure?
Old 05-14-12, 07:51 AM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ECL
GS300? Are you sure?
My mistake, 350
Old 05-14-12, 05:02 PM
Jim1755
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down

Speaking of dealers, I had an interesting experience a couple of Sunday's ago.

I'm in the market to replace my M35 sometime this fall and will be shopping Infiniti, Lexus, BMW & Audi. So I want to look at and possibly test drive a GS350. Superstition Springs Lexus and the Infiniti dealer are right across the street from each other. I stop in the Lexus dealer first. No one is around that offers to help me even though I'm out in front of the store looking in the windows of some of the (locked up) cars. I go inside and finally find someone and am able to sit in the GS350 on the showroom floor. I ask the rep. if they have any available to test drive or are they all spoken for? He says why yes, they have some available to test drive but they are short handed and won't allow any test drives that day but come back later during the week and they could arrange something. WTF? Are you serious? I'm car shopping on the weekend because that is convenient for me. I guess I'm should have checked with them first to find out when it would convenient for them to show me their vehicles. Sorry, I'm not going rearrange my schedule because a dealership is too lame to adequately staff their operation. Half of battle is just getting people into the store and they turn potential customers away. Not smart.

Infiniti was happy to let me test drive. The BMW dealership was eager to have me test drive their cars and I ended up test driving three different vehicles there.

Needless to say, I won't be returning to Superstition Springs Lexus, ever.
Old 05-14-12, 06:57 PM
MarkGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jim1755

I'm in the market to replace my M35 sometime this fall and will be shopping Infiniti, Lexus, BMW & Audi. So I want to look at and possibly test drive a GS350. Superstition Springs Lexus and the Infiniti dealer are right across the street from each other. I stop in the Lexus dealer first. No one is around that offers to help me even though I'm out in front of the store looking in the windows of some of the (locked up) cars. I go inside and finally find someone and am able to sit in the GS350 on the showroom floor. I ask the rep. if they have any available to test drive or are they all spoken for? He says why yes, they have some available to test drive but they are short handed and won't allow any test drives that day but come back later during the week and they could arrange something. WTF? Are you serious? I'm car shopping on the weekend because that is convenient for me. I guess I'm should have checked with them first to find out when it would convenient for them to show me their vehicles. Sorry, I'm not going rearrange my schedule because a dealership is too lame to adequately staff their operation. Half of battle is just getting people into the store and they turn potential customers away. Not smart.

Infiniti was happy to let me test drive. The BMW dealership was eager to have me test drive their cars and I ended up test driving three different vehicles there.

I just got a survey in the mail today that you receive after your purchse to make sure everything about the purchase was a good experience (in my case it was and always has been after 4 Lexus deals in 15 years).

Some of the questions are 1) was a salesman there to greet you, 2) did he answer all of your questions and 3) did he arrange a test drive.

Sounds like the dealership you approached would have failed that survey. Very odd and unusual......
Old 05-14-12, 10:06 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

I highly recommend Kenny Green from Scottsdale Lexus. Awesome sales professional and an awesome dealer. Both of my purchasing experiences with Kenny was exactly what I would expect from a luxury dealership.
Old 05-15-12, 10:10 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zoombie99
I just got any email from a salesperson at Route 10 Lexus in New Jersey that will give me $500.00 off the MSRP on a GS350 on the expressed condition that I come in and drive it. How stupid do they think I am?
Why is this bad? Wouldn't you drive it anyway if you were going to buy it?
Old 05-15-12, 08:35 PM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jre002
Why is this bad? Wouldn't you drive it anyway if you were going to buy it?
That is their entire discount. We can now get cars close to invoice now and this dealer has no concept of the current market in northern new jersey.
Old 05-16-12, 01:51 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

The $500 is guaranteed though...why would they tip their hand and tell everyone they're giving them away at invoice?? The GS is selling well...if it wasn't, the discount would be more. They're going to sell them for as much as they can, whereas you want to pay the least that you have to. This is why I hate shopping for cars, because those two numbers are rarely in line.
Old 05-16-12, 02:43 PM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done my entire deal with Prestige Lexus of NJ on the phone as I'm from Vermont. Iwill be getting the car for below invoice including the $1500 concourse rebate. My car is an AWD luxury with BS, PA, Remote Start, and the DuPont interior and exterior protection. I pick it up Monday!
Old 05-16-12, 03:16 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I was at Lexus of Route 10 two weeks ago visiting my fav Lexus sales guy. He recently started working there after being at another Lexus dealer for 15 years. They are under new ownership. He told me their motto is anything to get the deal done.
Old 05-16-12, 05:26 PM
Fation
Driver

when i was shopping for my 2009 GS, I had a similar experience at the Infiniti dealership. When I went to Lexus the sales man treated us right. We went shopping for an IS and came out with a beautiful GS350.
Pic related: My Lexus.
Planning on selling it for a 2013 model.
Attached Thumbnails Another dealer to avoid....-2012-05-13-14.06.17.jpg  
Old 05-16-12, 06:20 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lexus Seattle offer me a 2012 RX350 AWD with MSRP $55K lease 12K/year/48months/5K down for $950/month + tax + fees. I previously bought 2 Lexus with them last few years, all the sale man I know no longer working there.

I walked out their right after they show me the number, and bought 13 GS at another dealer.
Old 05-16-12, 08:21 PM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
I was at Lexus of Route 10 two weeks ago visiting my fav Lexus sales guy. He recently started working there after being at another Lexus dealer for 15 years. They are under new ownership. He told me their motto is anything to get the deal done.

That's not the way they treated me. I'm gettting mine from Prestige.
Old 05-18-12, 10:26 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Arrow

I experienced the same thing u did at a dealership here in north Houston called Northside Lexus.

Quick Reply: Another dealer to avoid....