GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Heads Up Display? Good or bad

Old 05-10-12, 06:50 PM
Lexus4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads Up Display? Good or bad

Does anyone have the heads up display and does anyone think it's worth getting.
Old 05-10-12, 06:54 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexus4
HUD is worth getting, didnt have a option in canada to have them on the fsport. I have it on my bmw 750li m sport and its very usefull. You never have to look at your tach and yu dont even notice it it there so it wont even distract you.
Old 05-10-12, 07:03 PM
Lexus4
Driver School Candidate

what color does the hud show?
Old 05-10-12, 07:04 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

HUD is worth getting, didnt have a option in canada to have them on the fsport. I have it on my bmw 750li m sport and its very usefull. You never have to look at your tach and yu dont even notice it it there so it wont even distract you.
Old 05-10-12, 07:12 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

If you had the HUD you wouldn't be asking that question. It is definitely worth it!
Old 05-10-12, 07:57 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

what color does the hud show?
My bmw is orange but for the gs i thinks its blue
Old 05-10-12, 08:04 PM
MarkGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSTONY
My bmw is orange but for the gs i thinks its blue
The one time I experienced HUD during a test drive, it was more white with a bluish tint to it. I thought it was outstanding to have.

You can direct your focus towards the HUD or off in the distance with no distraction. Its kind of how a flat screen TV with a reflection from a background lamp works. If you look directly at the picture under the glass screencover you, for the most part, don't notice the reflection of the lamp (reflective light) in the picture.

I have an LS now and wish it had HUD. I think its a great feature......
Old 05-10-12, 08:25 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have it and I love it. I had my digital speed displayed in it and don't even look at the speedo anymore. The display is white and you can see it even with polarized sunglasses. I would pay the money for it all over again.
Old 05-10-12, 08:30 PM
LexFather

We have it in a family HS....love it...it does more than show speed, it tells direction, songs and a few other things...
Old 05-10-12, 08:34 PM
jedimaster
Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
I have it and I love it. I had my digital speed displayed in it and don't even look at the speedo anymore. The display is white and you can see it even with polarized sunglasses. I would pay the money for it all over again.
You lucky bastard. . I couldn't find one with HUD option in my area. I had to wait a month just to get the LP/Flaxen combo. Even then my dealer had to trade with another dealer from out of state to get it.
Old 05-10-12, 08:40 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jedimaster
You lucky bastard. . I couldn't find one with HUD option in my area. I had to wait a month just to get the LP/Flaxen combo. Even then my dealer had to trade with another dealer from out of state to get it.
Hey, not luck. Just patience. I had to wait for 2 months to get my G F Sport with everything I wanted on it!
Old 05-10-12, 08:53 PM
jedimaster
Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
Hey, not luck. Just patience. I had to wait for 2 months to get my G F Sport with everything I wanted on it!
Special order? I thought of doing that but my sales person couldnt guarantee the time frame. They said anywhere from 2 to 6 months. Two months was okay with me but I didn't want to miss out the summer season.
Old 05-10-12, 09:31 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

HUD....Awesome, not just good
Old 05-11-12, 10:00 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
We have it in a family HS....love it...it does more than show speed, it tells direction, songs and a few other things...
+1 except i have the HUD in our RXh. it is one factory option that i use on a consistent basis, so it's worth getting imho.
Old 05-11-12, 11:05 AM
danjb
Driver School Candidate

I have the HUD on my GS F Sport. Since I just picked the next red GS F Sport my dealer had coming in, I didn't get a lot of choice on the options. I had thought the HUD would be gimmicky. I have seen one on a friend's corvette that I didn't like all that much, although there I only tried it for about 2 minutes.

Having driven with it now for a couple weeks, I can say it's one of my favorite features. It's very visible, but not distracting, and I find myself far more aware of my actual mph as a result. Before I had to consciously look at the speedometer to monitor my speed. Not a big deal, but it took a conscious choice to do it, so I didn't always check it (and had a bunch of speeding tickets to prove it). Now, it's just there. On top of that the nav directions it gives and other feedback on audio/climate operations is the icing on the cake.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heads Up Display? Good or bad