GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Is this the most beautiful interior ever?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-12, 08:40 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Is this the most beautiful interior ever?!

I have the Cabernet interior in my F Sport, and between the Cabernet leather with stitching, the design of the dashboard, the aluminum insets, etc. etc. I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful interior outside of an Aston Martin or Bentley. I have owned many cars, but I continually admire this interior when I get in the car. It is really a pleasure to spend time in this car.
Old 04-30-12, 08:50 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I have the Cabernet interior in my F Sport, and between the Cabernet leather with stitching, the design of the dashboard, the aluminum insets, etc. etc. I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful interior outside of an Aston Martin or Bentley. I have owned many cars, but I continually admire this interior when I get in the car. It is really a pleasure to spend time in this car.
Preach on,,, D.
Old 04-30-12, 09:19 PM
Willabus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to disagree on the design of the dash. I do not like how the aluminum does not create lines that extend throughout the rest of the entire (see the 5 series). The aluminum just ends where it meets the door as if the dash and door were designed separately from one another. In my opinion everything should extend from the focal point (the massive screen). Note that the exterior suffers from the same flaw. The aggressive front bumper styling is nowhere to be seen in the rest of the car.

Note: My GS F-sport should arrive any day now
Old 04-30-12, 09:27 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Willabus
Have to disagree on the design of the dash. I do not like how the aluminum does not create lines that extend throughout the rest of the entire (see the 5 series). The aluminum just ends where it meets the door as if the dash and door were designed separately from one another. In my opinion everything should extend from the focal point (the massive screen). Note that the exterior suffers from the same flaw. The aggressive front bumper styling is nowhere to be seen in the rest of the car.

Note: My GS F-sport should arrive any day now
That's why the wood trim in the Premium is better!
Old 04-30-12, 10:33 PM
jedimaster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly. After driving a 3GS for many years, I thought I was going back to a German car for change. That was before seeing the 4GS in person. It is the INTERIOR that won me over the 5 and E Series. As far as I am concerned, the interior is all I see and feel when I am driving. And it is simply too gorgeous for me to ignore.
Old 05-01-12, 08:12 AM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jedimaster
Exactly. After driving a 3GS for many years, I thought I was going back to a German car for change. That was before seeing the 4GS in person. It is the INTERIOR that won me over the 5 and E Series. As far as I am concerned, the interior is all I see and feel when I am driving. And it is simply too gorgeous for me to ignore.
Cannot agree more. I've been driving a black F-Sport with the cab interior for over 10 weeks now and getting in my car is still a bright spot in my day. Most other interiors look downright dull in comparison. The comfort is unmatched, and driving in S+ manual mode is lots of fun.
Old 08-14-13, 06:16 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up AutoTrader

The best car interiors are just getting better these days, and you don't have to buy a Rolls or a Bentley to see for yourself. There are lots of mainstream models with top-notch interiors, from luxury sedans to SUVs and even pure sports cars. For this article, we set our price ceiling at 60 grand, and while that's admittedly a lot of dough, it still keeps a number of familiar names in play. So check out what we came up with -- here are AutoTrader.com's top 7 interiors under $60,000.

Acura MDX

The redesigned MDX largely follows the example set by its predecessor, and that includes what's inside. Just like the previous MDX, the current model is awash in high-quality cabin materials and the sleek, shapely dashboard serves notice that you're definitely not just driving a rebadged Honda Pilot. On the technology front, the MDX now boasts 2 large infotainment screens stacked on top of each other, including a touchscreen with available app-based smartphone connectivity. And with 3 standard rows of seating plus a flip-down rear entertainment screen measuring up to 16 inches across, the MDX model's interior is something the whole family can enjoy.

Audi A6

Audi has been making some of the finest interiors in auto-dom for a lot of years, but they've really outdone themselves with this A6. The current model is 1 of the newest in the company's fleet, and that's evident in the cabin's trendy aluminum and wood accents, not to mention the signature red backlighting that bathes passengers in a cool nighttime glow. Beyond the upscale trimmings, the A6 offers Audi's full technology suite, from available Bang & Olufsen sound to the latest MMI infotainment system with a flip-up dash-top display screen and even a touchpad that recognizes fingertip scribbles. If that's not enough, you can add Audi connect, which turns the A6 model's interior into a rolling Wi-Fi hot spot.

BMW 3 Series

For as long as we can remember, the compact 3 Series has been more about sport than luxury. Sure, the previous E90 3 Series offered a bunch of premium interior features, but the car's calling card was still no-nonsense, sporty performance. With the new F30 3 Series, though, BMW has struck an even balance, aiming to please luxury-minded consumers as well as driving enthusiasts. The backseat, for example, is considerably more hospitable now, accommodating 2 full-sized adults without issue. Aesthetically, the interior can be customized with 1 of 4 available Ikea-esque themes (Luxury, Modern, Sport and M Sport). And whereas the old 3 Series' iDrive infotainment screen was housed beneath an unsightly hump atop the dashboard, the new one's screen is like a Bavarian iPad, resting stylishly in a well-integrated slot. Indeed, the 3 Series' interior is so nice that some of us question the point of upgrading to the much costlier 5 Series.

Cadillac CTS

Let us begin by giving the outgoing 2013 CTS its due. When that car debuted some years ago, we concluded that it had 1 of the nicest modern American interiors we'd ever seen. Nonetheless, some interiors from Japan and especially Germany were even nicer, so the CTS was always playing catch-up relative to import standouts. That's 1 thing that the brand-new 2014 CTS is out to change. Featuring exotic wood trim, fragrant leather and top-shelf supple plastics, the CTS is rolling proof that American automakers can match the world's best. There's also more room in back than before, making the CTS a proper rival to midsize stalwarts like the Mercedes-Benz E-Class. And with the CUE infotainment interface, Cadillac offers an advanced mix of 8-inch touchscreen functionality and virtual buttons with haptic feedback. The CTS model's cabin is the real deal.

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

Are you old enough to remember the interiors of classic Corvettes? They were special places to spend time, which is the way it should be for America's iconic sports car. But then the modern Corvettes arrived with their generic switch gear, cheesy plastics and flimsy seats. Fortunately, the all-new 2014 'Vette rectifies all of these shortcomings and then some. The reinvented C7 Corvette once again has 1 of the best car interiors on the market, highlighted by wonderfully supportive sport seats and a distinctive cockpit-style layout that surrounds the driver with quality materials. There's also a super-cool configurable gauge cluster with no fewer than 3 different tachometers for specific driving conditions, including a high-performance bar-graph tachometer inspired by the C6.R race car.

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Not historically known for its interior quality, the Jeep Grand Cherokee turned over a new leaf with its 2011 redesign, and that continues with further tweaks for 2014. While we've always been impressed with the current Grand Cherokee's generous soft-touch surfaces and available stitched-leather upholstery, the 2014 model finally offers some cutting-edge technology to go with it. Prior to 2014, you couldn't get Chrysler's excellent 8.4-in touchscreen interface in this Jeep, but now it's standard on almost all Grand Cherokee models, providing smartphone integration and large icons for remarkable ease of use. That's not all, either; there's also a new 7-in configurable screen in the gauge cluster that gives the driver unprecedented control over the display of vehicle functions.

Lexus GS

The Lexus GS luxury sedan graduated to the big leagues with its 2013 redesign, unveiling an all-new cabin that marries Germanic build quality with Japanese aesthetics and technology. The dash is covered in a thick-yet-pliable material that reminds us of BMW's best, while the stereo ***** look and operate like high-end home-theater pieces. The hybrid-powered GS 450h offers beautiful light-colored bamboo trim that we wish were standard on all GS models. The GS model's power front sport seats are Lexus' best ever, in our opinion, providing great lateral support along with the kind of comprehensive adjustability that's typically only found in German cars. As for Lexus' unique Remote Touch mouse-like infotainment interface, we think it's an interesting departure from the touchscreen/****-based norm, giving a boost to the GS model's distinctiveness factor.

AutoTrader's Advice

If these cars fit your budget, their cabins could clinch the deal. It's pretty cool that you can get this level of interior quality and style these days without having to fork over 6 figures for something more exotic.
Old 08-14-13, 06:35 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ that's my interior!
Old 08-14-13, 06:38 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

SF Pearl with black leather and aluminum trim is the best interior ever! Recognize! LOL
Old 08-14-13, 06:51 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the Vette. BMW interiors make me want to throw up as they are too bland and remind me of a cheap kia or ford on the inside.

Otherwise, it's a good rundown. The audi will creak and moan though as those cars aren't built like they used to be. But on looks alone....
Old 08-14-13, 07:03 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by jedimaster
Same here, that's the main reason I went with this GS vs a Mercedes. I think those who came out the 3GS will recognize it more as it was a huge step forward.
Old 08-14-13, 07:07 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Everyone will have their own opinion but I do prefer the Lexus interior to the Germans as well. Driving style between the Germans and Japanese are different as well. Germans are all about that low end power and driver feel. Japanese are more about electronics and top end grunt.

In the end, we like what we like. Reliability and resale value also a plus for the Japanese. Prestige still goes to the Germans though.
Old 08-14-13, 07:37 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The biggest factor why I got a GS.
Old 08-14-13, 07:47 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
^ that's my interior!
More accurately that's my interior

Pretty cool to have both my cars on that list...apparently I have excellent taste lol
Old 08-14-13, 08:35 AM
escamar03
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed...the #1 selling point for me..

Quick Reply: Is this the most beautiful interior ever?!