GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Offical details GS-F specs from Lexus!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-12, 08:16 AM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Individual
What a cruel April Fools Joke
AGREED!
Old 04-03-12, 08:25 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I'm confused. Is something supposed to be there?
It seems to be an April Fools joke no one actually caught on April Fool's day. There is no Lexus Press Release and the .jpg was a hint and only one thread about it. None in Car Chat.
Old 04-03-12, 10:08 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts
Thumbs down

Bastards! This is a cruel April fool's joke and just a kick in the nad

Last edited by GS3Tek; 04-03-12 at 10:10 AM. Reason: nad
Old 04-03-12, 10:13 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation FYI for All...

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
It seems to be an April Fools joke no one actually caught on April Fool's day. There is no Lexus Press Release and the .jpg was a hint and only one thread about it. None in Car Chat.

~ Joe Z
Old 04-03-12, 10:46 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

As much as it seems like a real press release, I can't help but think that it's an April Fools Joke like everybody else has said, although an April Fools joke does seem to be out of character for a company like Toyota. What also has me believing that it's an April Fools joke is the fact that the supposed surprise announcement has all of the specs instead of waiting until the supposed official reveal on Friday.

I guess time will tell but I'd sure love for it to be real and actually see info on the GS-F on friday.
Old 04-03-12, 10:52 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I think I got fooled, I feels like an idiot
Old 04-03-12, 11:13 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 04-03-12, 07:21 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I guess it's probably a bad joke, hence the 29mpg on the specs. Good news for me because I'm about a day away from buying a new BMW 550 M-Sport. No April fools joke either.
Old 04-03-12, 07:38 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats just sad. I cant believe I actually got my hopes up for this . Im very disappointed.
Old 04-03-12, 09:38 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it's probably a bad joke, hence the 29mpg on the specs. Good news for me because I'm about a day away from buying a new BMW 550 M-Sport. No April fools joke either.
You going to love your 550 m sport. I have a 750 m sport same engine as yours and the power is strong keeps on pulling
Old 04-03-12, 10:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the 550 m is quite something else
Old 04-03-12, 10:51 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

DAMN I'm so sad....you guys had me going..........................
Old 04-04-12, 06:24 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by GSTONY
You going to love your 550 m sport. I have a 750 m sport same engine as yours and the power is strong keeps on pulling
Originally Posted by rominl
the 550 m is quite something else
Thanks for the positive replies on the Lexus forum. The Lexus was the perfect car for me when I still had my Z06. But I've sold it and no longer have a fun third car, so the 550 will split the difference between the two cars. I'm doing a three year lease, so I don't have to worry about any expenses, nor what could happen to resale value with $5.00 a gallon gas.

Interesting is that I read this thread yesterday morning before I went to the dealer to make the deal on the BMW. I was with a close friend who is also a huge car nut. I told him I'd be interested in the GSF with 460 hp, but I knew it would not be here soon enough for me to consider, and there wouldn't be any deals for a while. I got a heck of a deal on the BMW.

Thanks again
Old 04-04-12, 11:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Thanks for the positive replies on the Lexus forum. The Lexus was the perfect car for me when I still had my Z06. But I've sold it and no longer have a fun third car, so the 550 will split the difference between the two cars. I'm doing a three year lease, so I don't have to worry about any expenses, nor what could happen to resale value with $5.00 a gallon gas.

Interesting is that I read this thread yesterday morning before I went to the dealer to make the deal on the BMW. I was with a close friend who is also a huge car nut. I told him I'd be interested in the GSF with 460 hp, but I knew it would not be here soon enough for me to consider, and there wouldn't be any deals for a while. I got a heck of a deal on the BMW.

Thanks again
well, i am a car guy not a brand guy, i like good cars, period... i have owned quite a few brands of cars so to me it's all about what you want, you give some, you get some
Old 04-05-12, 03:41 AM
x838nwy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that quite a few of us:

1.) Look forward to the GS-F
2.) Would not be all that surprised if the power is a bit off from the Germans

Which I take to mean:
a.) WE WANT YOU TO MAKE A GS-F!!!! which is great and I hope Lexus listens to this. Let's not do a Jaguar and have every bloody comparo feature a "bit it's a bit down on power" clause. But what should really be worring Lexus is
b.) That more than a few are not expecting Lexus to make headlines with its power output or performance. To me, this just goes to show that for whatever reason, we've gotten so used to Lexus not being a "performance" choice. A bit like how a Jaugar owner wouldn't be too miffed if they do badly in reliability ratings.

If the new M5 does a slower 'ring time (and i know how senseless this is, but people seem to care) than the E63, internet forums will be alight with abuse. But if the GS-F posts a sjgnificantly slower time then some will be disappointed but most would have been expecting that. And I am pretty sure this is exactly the perception they are trying to change with this generation of GS's.

I really hope that up their game with the GS-F and take the germans on equal terms. And I cannot wait to see what they come up with...

Quick Reply: Offical details GS-F specs from Lexus!!!