GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Got a New GS 350 F sport. Let me know your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-12, 07:33 PM
soleger24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a New GS 350 F sport. Let me know your thoughts

The new GS got it 2 days ago. Looking to drop it. My aunt works for TRD so I am trying to get the Japanese Kit to drop it and body kit.

Debating if I should black out the chrome on the windows, the front gril and the lexus logo.

Thoughts?

Also does anyone know the offset for the back wheels. I dont know if I like them sticking out that much. Is there a way to have the shop take them in a little?

thanks for the comments in advance
Old 04-01-12, 07:37 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Since you're asking for opinions, the car is beautiful (it's the color I'm getting). I like the rims but not sticking out that far. Personally, I think the gunmetal rims that come with the car look especially sharp with Nebula Gray.
Old 04-01-12, 07:44 PM
soleger24
Driver School Candidate

For sure the Gunmetal Rims are a great fit for the car. I looked all over fo a wheel with that Color and found nothing everything was a matte finish and blended with the car 2 much. I also agree with them sticking out a litte much. I gotta take it back to the shop to fix the offset I am guessing for the back
Old 04-01-12, 08:02 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If you can get them to do that you will have yourself one nice ride. The rims look clean and almost like OEM.
Old 04-01-12, 08:06 PM
bronz
Driver

damm its fkn sexy
Old 04-01-12, 08:09 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice man congrats i had mine for almost 3 weeks now and cant believe you are already modding it within the first 3 days of owning it haha. I think you should leave the the chrome accent and dont black them out it will look better in diggin the debadge you did looks hella clean. Im waiting on some coils first before i start finding rims as the stock f sport will do for the mean time
Old 04-01-12, 08:19 PM
soleger24
Driver School Candidate

@dseag2 I agree I want to take it back to the shop and have em take em in just a little to have them flush or a little inside the fender but its a 10" wheel so we will see. I think it can be done. But yea I wanted them to look like OEM but not you know. I added the lexus to them so it looks legit thanks
@bronz thanks for the comment I got a few things I still need 2 do
@gstony I have to start right away because the way I am if i dont do it now it will never get done lol. I am debating on the chrome. Its vinyl so it will come off. Its not 2 expensive and its a quick removal so we will see. Still thinking. Yes the coils need to drop real soon.
Old 04-01-12, 08:19 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you go with dark tint all the way around?
Old 04-01-12, 08:32 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by soleger24
@dseag2 I agree I want to take it back to the shop and have em take em in just a little to have them flush or a little inside the fender but its a 10" wheel so we will see. I think it can be done. But yea I wanted them to look like OEM but not you know. I added the lexus to them so it looks legit thanks
@bronz thanks for the comment I got a few things I still need 2 do
@gstony I have to start right away because the way I am if i dont do it now it will never get done lol. I am debating on the chrome. Its vinyl so it will come off. Its not 2 expensive and its a quick removal so we will see. Still thinking. Yes the coils need to drop real soon.
Ya if you use the vinyl then you should definetly try it out. Hey dont get me wrong im just like you i usally mod my car very fast also. since parts are still limited im just playing the waiting game, i think we will have one of the nicest gs in this forum. I will be on the lookout for your car and watch it evolve into something nice.
Old 04-01-12, 08:35 PM
soleger24
Driver School Candidate

@mkiv98tt Yea i went dark all the way around.
@gstony for sure. Im excited as the parts come in it will def evolve. thanks for the comment. Def going to try the vinyl and see what happens. lol
Old 04-01-12, 08:54 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Wow! That is a really nice looking F-Sport you got there. I like the all around dark tint. Mine is currently at the dealer getting tinted. The color is Obisidian and I originally wanted all around dark as possible but they won't allow me to do all around 15% since it is not legal here in TX

Last edited by Room4Tu; 04-01-12 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-01-12, 09:16 PM
soleger24
Driver School Candidate

@room4tu yea i got my buddy to do my tint so i got it as dark as i could all around. Its not legal in cali either but everyone does it. Thanks for the comments.
Old 04-01-12, 09:19 PM
lexesty72
Driver

That's very dark tint. Just make sure you roll those front windows down or open the sunroof letting some sun light in when you see a cop especially in CA.
Old 04-01-12, 09:21 PM
soleger24
Driver School Candidate

@lexesty72 yup got it all planned out lol just got em done so im letting it sit in the garage for a couple days before I drive out. Also workin on a doctors not to say I have a skin issue so i cant b in the sun 2 long lol we will see
Old 04-01-12, 09:29 PM
lexesty72
Driver

Normally, they won't just pull you over for the tint but just in case you get a traffic violation, they might add the tint on the ticket. How does your car handle/ride with the new 20" wheels?

Quick Reply: Got a New GS 350 F sport. Let me know your thoughts