GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F Sport Questions

Old 03-19-12, 11:51 AM
kssod
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AFS on the RL go from side to side on start up, they turn to the right with steering wheel turn, but only slightly to the left so as to not shine into oncoming traffic. Works pretty well, easy to test by just shining on a wall or closed garage door.
Old 03-20-12, 05:17 AM
kssod
Rookie

A couple more questions:
Does anyone know the specs on the standard radio? 2.1 or 5.1, power, number of speakers?
In addition, Is there any information on the AWD system? Mechanical or electronic clutch, split ratio fixed or variable, torque vectoring? The brochure and website is lacking on these matters.
Old 03-20-12, 07:25 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kssod
A couple more questions:
Does anyone know the specs on the standard radio? 2.1 or 5.1, power, number of speakers?
In addition, Is there any information on the AWD system? Mechanical or electronic clutch, split ratio fixed or variable, torque vectoring? The brochure and website is lacking on these matters.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ium-audio.html
Old 03-20-12, 03:49 PM
qualityday
Rookie

I was told 90 days on custom orders
Old 03-20-12, 05:05 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

A couple more questions:
mechanical, 30:70 to 50:50, like current GS AWD... i have had one for 3 years, it is good.
Old 03-20-12, 10:08 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I can only add that I've test driven an F-Sport with heated and cooled seats and Mark Levinson. They've had a couple at Sewell Infiniti. I haven't seen one with the rear window shade and I haven't seen it as part of the option package on the Lexus site.
Old 03-22-12, 06:02 PM
chiefguy
Rookie

Default Color Question...

Originally Posted by a6s
Although I cannot find it on the sticker, I see the lights "roll up" when they are turned on. The website & sales team both told me that it's included. I will look into some supporting documentation. As of now I can say I see them adjust when I they are turned on.
Hey A6S....have you seen the Deep Sea Mica color around? Looks like a nice color online, but i've not seen any pics of it yet....
Old 03-22-12, 06:31 PM
a6s
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I've only seen 3 others on the road.

Originally Posted by chiefguy
Hey A6S....have you seen the Deep Sea Mica color around? Looks like a nice color online, but i've not seen any pics of it yet....
The first was a Obsidian F-Sport on my girlfriend's street parked. The second was a Liquid Platinum base model stopped at a light on the way to work. Lastly was a Starfire pearl (base model) traveling the opposite direction on a street I was driving. I do like the Deep Sea Mica. I think it'd be crazy to have the option for a cabernet interior. If I see any Deep Sea's I'll try to get pics to post
Old 03-27-12, 08:22 PM
chiefguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by a6s
I went with Nebula gray pearl on Cabernet

Great car! awesome color combo! how is the ride in the F-Sport...i've read some reviews where the ride can be harsh....and here in NJ it's pothole city, so I was curious to get your opinion, thanks....

Good luck on the new car!
Old 03-30-12, 07:38 AM
kssod
Rookie

There now is a second F Sport build option. It includes the ML. Unfortunately, it also is bundled with the PCS, HUD, and LAne Assist, and adds $4800 to the price.
Old 03-30-12, 10:07 AM
Liferules
Driver

And of those, I would only want ML and HUD...so not worth the cost to me.
Old 03-30-12, 12:49 PM
kssod
Rookie

I have HUD on my C6, nice ,and works with polarized sunglasses. Tried it on the 535, absolutely worthless with polarized sunglasses. I would really like the option to just add ML for 1500-1800 or so.
I also think in the AWD F-sport the brakes are standard, and a few other F sport upgrades are left out.

Deciding soon, just want to see what the new Acura RLX will look like, unveil is April 4, at the NY auto show
Old 04-01-12, 10:18 PM
a6s
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First pics in the wild...?

Originally Posted by a6s
The first was a Obsidian F-Sport on my girlfriend's street parked. The second was a Liquid Platinum base model stopped at a light on the way to work. Lastly was a Starfire pearl (base model) traveling the opposite direction on a street I was driving. I do like the Deep Sea Mica. I think it'd be crazy to have the option for a cabernet interior. If I see any Deep Sea's I'll try to get pics to post

Found this one on the internet. (No way there'd be this much snow in so.cal
Old 04-15-12, 06:03 AM
chiefguy
Rookie

Default additional question...

Originally Posted by a6s
As well as adaptive front lighting... I can confirm that F-Sport has the option of rain sensing wipers, & power rear sunshade, heated & ventilated front seats.
I have all the above installed. I'll post the sticker... ML is available in F-Sport as well. They were telling me it was an option when I was choosing my F-Sport... Hope that helped.

hey a6s...i looked at an F-sport yesterday here in NJ just like yours...same color exterior and interior...very nice! but I really think the dealership was not giving me a good deal on a lease...i'm a finance guy and can calculate the lease on my own, which I do to check their numbers.....would you mind sharing the deal you got? They offered me $689 per month with $6300 in multiple security deposits (to get a "better" money factor of .0011 vs .00190) + approx 1800 to cover bank free, first month payment, title, etc. 10, 000 miles per year, 36 month lease....when I asked how much off MSRP they were giving me, they said "$2000 off"....those numbers did not check out when I got home to verify them.....appreciate your input...thanks
Old 04-15-12, 08:43 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

In addition, other than the staggered 19" wheels and the rear active steering, what else does the AWD F-Sport give up compared to the RWD?
The RWD F sport is a little bit lower, .1 seconds faster 0-60, 144mph top speed compared to 131, 2 mpg better, summer tires instead of all season, VGRS steering, 14 in. front brakes.

Last edited by LexusNN; 04-15-12 at 08:47 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F Sport Questions