GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Price thread - what kind of deal did you get?

Old 01-16-13, 09:24 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by richard203
Just went to a local dealer today. Sticker price is 58k lowered to 54k. Its a Nebula Gray Pearl with Flaxen interior and standard stuff. So if its OTD i think its around 60k for the car, do u guys think its a good deal im financing it? If its a good deal Im going to pick up the car on monday. I was gonna pick a white exterior color but they say I gotta special order it.
What's your APR for your loan?
Old 01-16-13, 09:27 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Originally Posted by modthispny
don't have exact figures in front of me, but what do you guys think of this lease deal.

GS350 RWD
F-Sport
ML/Navi/Parking Sensors/Blind Spot

Sticker was $57,600
acqusition fee when i return car is $300

i paid $2,595 total drive off (2k down, $595 1st month payment)

27 month lease, 15k miles a year, $595 out the door.

this was at keyes lexus, leased first week of dec.
Why would you pay an acquisition fee when you return a car?!?
Old 01-16-13, 09:50 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by faifai83
Why would you pay an acquisition fee when you return a car?!?
i meant disposition fee.
Old 01-16-13, 09:52 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cash price is $1500 below invoice.

Assuming a 60 month term, you're paying an extra $4732.09 in interest.

With that said, your deal is really -$1000 off MSRP after you factor in the $4732 in interest you'll be paying to LFS over the next 5 years!
Thanks faifai83, I did finance for 60 months however I plan on paying off in 36 months, wish I could have got 0% and knowing my luck LFS will probably offer 0% when the 1k conquest ends!

Minus the finance charges was the sale price good or should I have gotten better?
Old 01-16-13, 10:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,493 Likes on 1,797 Posts

I have not known LFS to offer 0%. 0.9% is the best I have seen.
Old 01-16-13, 10:16 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I have not known LFS to offer 0%. 0.9% is the best I have seen.
Ok good to know, I know 2.99% is not that great but, The 1000 cash rebate in a sense breaks down the rate to be about a 2.0% rate. I plan to pay it off in 36 months so if I stick to my plan then I felt I benefit more to get the 1k upfront.

I did put 11k down, So my overall interest would be less.
Old 01-16-13, 10:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

It all depends on what they have at the time. They don't have an APR promotion on the GS I don't think, their rate promotions are model specific. I don't think 2.99% is a bad rate figuring that they don't have a rate promotion.
Old 01-21-13, 04:40 PM
Malu59RT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Dude...don't get so defensive. Nobody is doubting your deal, but the fact is you had a special/unusual circumstance that allowed your dealer to waive $3,100 of the sales tax, otherwise your deal would be impossible. Either you traded a car, or the dealer mistakenly put into the figures that you traded a car (the printout you provided says you traded a car and that effected the tax you were charged, on line 15 it says "Tax Less Trade: Y for yes).

We know another member from TX bought a car the same time as you...and did have to pay the appropriate amount of sales tax. We know that because he too provided the figures for us.

Bottom line, somehow you got out of paying sales tax on your car. Whether the dealer wanted to retain you or not doesn't mean they can just not charge you the sales tax, it must be charged by law. Could have been a dealer error. Maybe he did something fancy and somehow got the deal to reflect you trading a car in when you had no trade, or maybe you did indeed have a trade, maybe there was some sort of sales tax credit or holiday on vehicle leases but not purchases at that time last month, which would explain why Mush had to pay tax, because he bought, but the bottom line is your deal involved you not paying $3,100 in sales tax you should have paid by TX law, and everybody needs to understand that when they compare deals they have open to them to yours.

Someone looking here cannot expect to be able to achieve a deal as good as yours because they will have to pay sales tax. Bottom line. If they are paying more, it doesn't mean its a bad deal.
sigh. You say no one doubts my deal, and then you are saying I'm lying about not having a trade. My deal is just as I said. No trade in, zero down. Again, call a dealer and find out what was going on in Texas if you are going to call me a liar. I have nothing further to say, that hasn't been stated at least 5 times.
Old 01-21-13, 09:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm saying the thing you posted says you had a trade. Whether that is a mistake or not, it says you had a trade, you posted it not us.

I also said repeatedly that its possible there was some sort of sales tax holiday in TX, although you seem to be the only person in TX out of several that bought on the same day that it applied to, and it doesn't explain why the printout you showed us says your tax was reduced due to a trade.

If you have nothing further to say...why are you continuing to say things on the matter when its been dropped a week+ ago?
Old 02-07-13, 12:46 PM
rad-man
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's A LOT of pages to read through (which I'm about to start doing), but I'd like a little assistance with some offers I'm receiving.

After looking at several Deep Sea Mica cars in Houston, I've decided to order one and wait for it to arrive since all the ones I've seen have been covered in marring/spider webbing. This is a very unforgiving color, and the only way to get virgin paint is to order and wait for it.

I've been offered 13k trade-in on my '06 IS350, so I will be using the 3+ month waiting period to private party sell it.

There are 4 dealers in the Houston area, and I'm looking at a very basic configuration:
Deep Sea Mica GS350
Black interior
Dark brown trim
Nav system
Premium package
Intuative parking
18" wheel upgrade with summer tires

Very basic, I know, but it's all I desire.

The MSRP comes out to be 52,645.00.
I have offers of $2,500.00 below msrp, and straight invoice.

However, I just got an email from another guy that said the following:

"how far below invoice will keep you from further shopping price and order the GS here?
Remember we handle the first 2 years of scheduled maintenance, loaner cars and courtesy vehicle pick-up, all free of charge, when you buy here."

A very open ended question, how shall I respond?
Old 02-08-13, 09:27 AM
rad-man
Rookie

Anyone? I've been reading through the old pages, but most of it is old.

I'm starting to think that this "invoice" and "below invoice" game is a bunch of crap. Should I switch over to actual dollars?
Old 02-08-13, 11:20 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rad-man
Anyone? I've been reading through the old pages, but most of it is old.

I'm starting to think that this "invoice" and "below invoice" game is a bunch of crap. Should I switch over to actual dollars?
Most dealers will always negotiate based on invoice because no one is certain what that invoice would be on a special order since Lexus can increase the price at any point during production

Paying invoice for a special order is a great deal, paying less than invoice is incredible.

I just special ordered a car and agreed on 1000 above invoice. I felt that was a good deal
Old 02-08-13, 04:43 PM
Chuck W.
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexusVet
Most dealers will always negotiate based on invoice because no one is certain what that invoice would be on a special order since Lexus can increase the price at any point during production

Paying invoice for a special order is a great deal, paying less than invoice is incredible.

I just special ordered a car and agreed on 1000 above invoice. I felt that was a good deal
Happened to us. We negotiated the price at invoice on a special order plus $1500 off for loyalty rebate. During production they raised the price of the car $300. The dealer covered it. Also, the loyalty rebate went down from $1,500 to $1,000. The dealer covered that too. They also put three options on the car we didn't order that cost $1060. Dealer cover that.

In the end, it is the dealer. Our Salesman at Longo Lexus in El Monte CA was Steve Johiro. Obviously, I highly recommend him and Longo.

Last edited by Chuck W.; 02-12-13 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-10-13, 06:02 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

What's your APR for your loan?
4.65% sorry for the late reply. =P
Old 02-11-13, 08:12 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Originally Posted by richard203
4.65% sorry for the late reply. =P
4.65% APR is way too high.

Have you considered paying cash?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price thread - what kind of deal did you get?