GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New GS Launch in Hong Kong

Old 02-16-12, 06:53 AM
yamanote
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GS Launch in Hong Kong

Launch event this weekend (2/18-19) at Ocean Terminal. Pretty much every single manufacturer launches their new cars on weekends at this location...

Clicking on it leads to this page.

And yeah, Lexus Hong Kong likes their cheesy slogans.

I'm looking forward to it. Saw it in Tokyo and thought it was quite an improvement (in terms of luxury) over my 3GS.

Maybe the Hybrid will be able to replace my gas guzzling M5's V10?

I'm particularly interested in seeing what their pricing will be... in 2010 the LS600hL was priced at 1.6 million HKD (206,000 USD) and by the time I bought mine in '11 it had shot up to 1.9x million HKD (250,000 USD). I wonder how much pricing has increased when compared to the 2010 GSh (85k USD).

Last edited by yamanote; 02-16-12 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-16-12, 07:05 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Lol that was one cheesy video, felt like I was watching a commercial for a new toy! Holy crap thats a premium price, if a Lexus costs that much how much does a Ferrari cost down there.
Old 02-16-12, 10:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

no kidding, ocean terminal is always used for car debuts
Old 02-16-12, 10:45 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Lol that was one cheesy video, felt like I was watching a commercial for a new toy! Holy crap thats a premium price, if a Lexus costs that much how much does a Ferrari cost down there.
Whatever each car cost in the U.S., just double it and you got the price of that same car in Hong Kong.

458 Italia in HK is about $650k USD.
Old 02-17-12, 08:31 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha the commercial was fine for me...........but the slogan is lame and cheesy as hell:
Unstoppable Dynamics + Luxurious Glamour = Unstoppable Glamour

@yamanote

Hehe if I may say, you must be really rich if you can afford to buy premium automobiles like Lexus and BMW in Hong Kong. Heck imho, anyone who can afford to buy any automobile at all in Hong Kong is rich (most especially since the HKSAR Transport Department raised the First Registration Tax a few months ago)

Hehe just saying

Anyways, I think you guys in Hong Kong and Macau will get GS250, GS350 and GS450 hybrid (after a few months). Complete lineup.
Old 02-17-12, 11:08 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Haha the commercial was fine for me...........but the slogan is lame and cheesy as hell:
Unstoppable Dynamics + Luxurious Glamour = Unstoppable Glamour

@yamanote

Hehe if I may say, you must be really rich if you can afford to buy premium automobiles like Lexus and BMW in Hong Kong. Heck imho, anyone who can afford to buy any automobile at all in Hong Kong is rich (most especially since the HKSAR Transport Department raised the First Registration Tax a few months ago)

Hehe just saying

Anyways, I think you guys in Hong Kong and Macau will get GS250, GS350 and GS450 hybrid (after a few months). Complete lineup.
Yeah I agree that is crazy would have to be rich that price is outrageous.
Old 02-17-12, 01:01 PM
Alantjai
Pole Position

GS450H Fsport over here is over $100k and thats already pretty cheap due to low taxes of the hybrid drivetrain, The GS350 Fsport (if available) would cost more than $125k
Old 02-17-12, 02:46 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Yeah I agree that is crazy would have to be rich that price is outrageous.
here in eastern europe, it is going tobe $150k for top version probably, and it is much less developed than HK, so that kind of car is reachable by tiny number of people.
Old 02-17-12, 07:07 PM
Dema
Pole Position

High price for Lexus in some countries (not only hong kong, but India as well) because they do not have middle class who can afford reasonable priced Lexus. But for top class people it is really doesn't matter price, so no reason make cars cheaper (actually in India it is just 100% tax added by government )
Old 02-20-12, 05:01 AM
yamanote
Driver

The Hong Kong brochure has been uploaded to the Lexus website.

Main points I see:
-we finally get the 3.5L engine (GS350)- 3GS was only available as the Hybrid and a 3.0L GS300 even up to MY11
-navigation is now available across the line
-Mark Levinson audio is now available (previously ML was only available in the LS- it was not even available on other vehicles as an option)
-18-way seats are standard from what I can tell
-HUD is now available like the RX
-Parking camera has dynamic guidance lines
-Rear Seat Entertainment is available
-The only leather available is semi-aniline
-The only wheel option is the hideous multispoke 18" type

I'll probably check it out in person and grab a pricing sheet in the coming week.

Yeah, they had a whole collection of weird commercials uploaded on their website but they seem to have taken them down. Shame, since some of them were outright hilarious

Originally Posted by rominl
no kidding, ocean terminal is always used for car debuts
Tell me about it- I occasionally stop by on Saturdays and Sundays for dinner and it seems that every time there's a car show there.

Originally Posted by Blackraven
@yamanote

Hehe just saying
Not really rich, just choosy on what I spend my money on I don't live in a huge condo in the upper class districts (think The Peak) but my cars don't actually look out of place in the parking lot- plenty of Benz E and S Classes as well as F10 5ers. Not so many Lexuses though.

Placed my order for my LS before the FRT was raised, but it arrived in HK after the FRT raise came into effect so I ended up having to pay around 200k extra

The government eventually decided that making the decision to raise the FRT and placing it into effect immediately was unfair so they refunded the FRT difference to those who bought their cars shortly after the FRT raise so I did get the difference back

We already have the 250 and 350, and the Lexus salesman confirmed that the 450h was coming so yeah we'll have the complete lineup

Originally Posted by Alantjai
GS450H Fsport over here is over $100k and thats already pretty cheap due to low taxes of the hybrid drivetrain, The GS350 Fsport (if available) would cost more than $125k
Originally Posted by spwolf
here in eastern europe, it is going tobe $150k for top version probably, and it is much less developed than HK, so that kind of car is reachable by tiny number of people.
Yikes- sounds like you Europeans are getting the short end of the stick

Originally Posted by Dema
High price for Lexus in some countries (not only hong kong, but India as well) because they do not have middle class who can afford reasonable priced Lexus. But for top class people it is really doesn't matter price, so no reason make cars cheaper (actually in India it is just 100% tax added by government )
HK's FRT is around the same. Looks like both India's and HK's government want a little extra money in their pockets... but they all claim 'it's to reduce traffic congestion' don't they

Last edited by yamanote; 02-20-12 at 05:07 AM.
Old 02-20-12, 08:49 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yamanote
The Hong Kong brochure has been uploaded to the Lexus website.

Main points I see:
-The only wheel option is the hideous multispoke 18" type
Are you referring to these ugly POS rims?

If so, then our F-sport version (Lexus Manila - Philippines) apparently has these ugly abominations and I agree with you, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING sporty at all about these fugly rims.

With that said, will Crown Motors allow you to change into something better or sportier???

Like this?

or

this?

Yeah, they had a whole collection of weird commercials uploaded on their website but they seem to have taken them down. Shame, since some of them were outright hilarious
Haha......but probably the only good thing about these Lexus HK commercials is the narrator named Russel Wait (an American expat doing voice over work in Hong Kong).

Tell me about it- I occasionally stop by on Saturdays and Sundays for dinner and it seems that every time there's a car show there.
LOL Lexus HK loves Ocean Terminal TST (they must worship it like it's their mosque for their new car launches). The RX270 was launched there, same with LS600 hl and so on. Heck, back in 2009, my first personal encounter with a Lexus was there with the 3rd gen GS (GS300)

Not really rich, just choosy on what I spend my money on I don't live in a huge condo in the upper class districts (think The Peak) but my cars don't actually look out of place in the parking lot- plenty of Benz E and S Classes as well as F10 5ers. Not so many Lexuses though.

Placed my order for my LS before the FRT was raised, but it arrived in HK after the FRT raise came into effect so I ended up having to pay around 200k extra

The government eventually decided that making the decision to raise the FRT and placing it into effect immediately was unfair so they refunded the FRT difference to those who bought their cars shortly after the FRT raise so I did get the difference back
HK's FRT is around the same. Looks like both India's and HK's government want a little extra money in their pockets... but they all claim 'it's to reduce traffic congestion' don't they
Hehe yeah.

But on the other hand, you guys should be thankful that you don't have ERP like what is implemented in Singapore

Although
LegCo wanted to push through with it...........but it didn't get approved:

Electronic Road Pricing - Hong Kong (電子道路收費系統)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro...28Hong_Kong%29

---------------------------

Anyways, hope you get to try out the 4th gen Lexus GS soon. I think it's an improvement (at least 90%) over the 3GS imho so that's good at very least.

Oh and the GS350 imho is fast enough for Hong Kong streets. heck, maybe GS250 might do as well with more than enough power that is wasted during rush hour traffic over at Cross Harbour Tunnel (香港海底隧道)

P.S.
Anyways, thread is useless without some pics so here (from the Lexus Hong Kong facebook page)

Old 02-20-12, 12:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh they got fala chen? nice!
Old 02-20-12, 12:06 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
oh they got fala chen? nice!

More pics(focusing more on the TV star though ) HERE
Old 02-20-12, 12:07 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lovely pics!

Hong Kong and Macau taxes lower than the ones applied in mainland China. Here in Shanghai LS600hL MSRP price tag is 2kk CNY which is almost 320k USD

Good news is that hybrid and electrical vehicles are getting free loans to reduce our local polution. I believe miandland China is getting the whole line-up as well, that's awesome!
Old 02-20-12, 12:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Gojirra99

More pics(focusing more on the TV star though ) HERE
lexus hong kong definitely got the best celebrity imho for the debut.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New GS Launch in Hong Kong