GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Apex'i NEW SMART Accel Controller for 4th Gen GS

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-16, 07:58 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

so this delete the throttle lag when u step on the pedal?
Old 05-31-16, 10:48 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Has anybody hooked up the reversing gear wire? If so, where was this wire located? I want to hook this up so when I go into Reverse, the throttle mapping is back to the stock setting.
Old 06-13-16, 04:40 PM
Lakersfan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Its a blank. But if you had it, BSM (Blind Spot Monitoring)

If you had cold weather package (Headlamp Washers & Heated Steering):

Anyone know how i can get the double switches like in tbe second pic instead of the single din switches in tbe first pic
Old 06-13-16, 04:41 PM
Lakersfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fsportjay
Has anybody hooked up the reversing gear wire? If so, where was this wire located? I want to hook this up so when I go into Reverse, the throttle mapping is back to the stock setting.
From what ive read most arent hooking up the reverse wire
Old 03-13-17, 08:09 AM
tekno2566
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Its a blank. But if you had it, BSM (Blind Spot Monitoring)

If you had cold weather package (Headlamp Washers & Heated Steering):

I just ordered this, however, my set up is similar to the first picture. Where did you guys mount yours? I feel like I am running out of space!!

Also I got it for around $145 shipped!

Reference for anyone who is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/APEXi-Smart-...hYgd7D&vxp=mtr
Old 03-13-17, 01:19 PM
egolfer
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE/]Where did you guys mount yours? I feel like I am running out of space!![/QUOTE]

I put mine on the faux leather right next to the last button since I too ran out of space. It just uses double sided sticky tape and works well since I turn off my ASC and turn on the Apexi every key cycle.
Old 03-13-17, 01:26 PM
tekno2566
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by egolfer
[QUOTE/]Where did you guys mount yours? I feel like I am running out of space!!
I put mine on the faux leather right next to the last button since I too ran out of space. It just uses double sided sticky tape and works well since I turn off my ASC and turn on the Apexi every key cycle.[/QUOTE]

thats a good idea, I was wondering if there's a way to buy the plastic piece that holds the traction control and BSM, but more ports to include this one. Any ideas?
Old 06-23-17, 11:48 AM
iamsammy84
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys!

So I have used the Apexi Throttle Controller for almost 9 months and last month I have been having issues with my car. The trac off will turn on and my check engine light will turn on. I will lose power on the pedal and will not accelerate. If i turn off my engine and turn it back on, I will gain power back on the pedal. Here and there the check engine light will turn back off and on. Yesterday morning, the acceleration pedal wasnt working at all so I ended up towing it to the dealership. They concluded that it was because of the Apexi Throttle COntroller that messed up the volts on the sensor? I havent heard anything bad about the Throttle Controller doing this. Has anyone had a similiar problem? They are asking for $900 to replace the sensor. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-23-17, 12:00 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by iamsammy84
Hey Guys!

So I have used the Apexi Throttle Controller for almost 9 months and last month I have been having issues with my car. The trac off will turn on and my check engine light will turn on. I will lose power on the pedal and will not accelerate. If i turn off my engine and turn it back on, I will gain power back on the pedal. Here and there the check engine light will turn back off and on. Yesterday morning, the acceleration pedal wasnt working at all so I ended up towing it to the dealership. They concluded that it was because of the Apexi Throttle COntroller that messed up the volts on the sensor? I havent heard anything bad about the Throttle Controller doing this. Has anyone had a similiar problem? They are asking for $900 to replace the sensor. Thank you in advance.
Shouldn't have taken it in with the throttle controller connected. I would have removed that sucker, especially considering it was most likely the culprit. Have you tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a few minutes for everything to reset?