Love the CV3's.. The 4th Gen looks awesome Mike... Nice work
Old 06-10-12, 08:01 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
This was posted on our FB wall today...

22" CV1s 22x9 and 22x10.5 on a new 2013 GS
In Dallas I see a lot of big, old vintage cars (Chevrolet Caprices, Buick Roadmasters) on dubs that make them look like ridiculous SUV's. 22"s on the GS reminds me of that.
Old 06-11-12, 06:26 AM
JOELC
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure I want to lower it. I look at it and truly I dont feel there is too much space there. I also do not want to stiffen the ride. Are there any kits that do not affect the ride once lowered?

Also, a word of caution, my favorite car wash cannot take the wheels down its track. The wheel is too big and also the tires do not go over the side of the rim. The rim sticks out approx 5 MM over the tire, so no rubber protection. It is the way the Vossen wheel is made.
Old 06-11-12, 06:55 AM
matt2421
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JOELC
Well, after a painful wait and even more stressful communication break down regarding shipping with my dealer and Vossen I finally landed the wheels I ordered way back on April 1st. Worth the wait? Please let me know what you think!

P.S. I am running on 245/35/20's front and 275/30/20's on the back. And of course, the ONLY rubber I ever use on all my cars: Michelin Pilot Super Sport's! Nothing else comes close IMO.
Car looks hot!!! Dark on dark looks amazing. I have been thinking about doing the same thing, possibly Ace Convex or Lorenzo WL32. I also see you are in NY so i'm guessing you have AWD? sorry if this question is remedial but is there a reason for the staggered setup? Wider wheels on the back look better? better performance? staggered stance works on an AWD car? I had my old wheels from my 06 GS 430 transferred to my new '13 GS 350, those wheels are 20x8.5 45offset. running 255/30/20 michelin pilot sport AS all around. Was just wondering if you could school me a little on the staggered stance and if its ok for an AWD?
Old 06-11-12, 07:08 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, after a painful wait and even more stressful communication break down regarding shipping with my dealer and Vossen I finally landed the wheels I ordered way back on April 1st. Worth the wait? Please let me know what you think!

P.S. I am running on 245/35/20's front and 275/30/20's on the back. And of course, the ONLY rubber I ever use on all my cars: Michelin Pilot Super Sport's! Nothing else comes close IMO.
Looks great!! I still vote for lowering though. CV3s are one of my favorite wheels so far for the GS4 besides the new CV4s of course I was wondering why you went with 275/30/20 on the rear instead of the recommended 285/30/20?
Old 06-11-12, 10:08 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I need a set of 21 wheels for this car!
Old 06-11-12, 08:26 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

They look sweet!
Old 06-11-12, 08:59 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Originally Posted by matt2421
Car looks hot!!! Dark on dark looks amazing. I have been thinking about doing the same thing, possibly Ace Convex or Lorenzo WL32. I also see you are in NY so i'm guessing you have AWD? sorry if this question is remedial but is there a reason for the staggered setup? Wider wheels on the back look better? better performance? staggered stance works on an AWD car? I had my old wheels from my 06 GS 430 transferred to my new '13 GS 350, those wheels are 20x8.5 45offset. running 255/30/20 michelin pilot sport AS all around. Was just wondering if you could school me a little on the staggered stance and if its ok for an AWD?
Good questions! I have the RWD but it should not make a difference if you wanted to stagger an AWD car. It can be done for sure. You just have to make sure that the rolling diameter of the tire remains the same for both front and back. Your tire guys will know what that means. The problem with staggered is always the clearance of the tire in the wheel well. Performance wise I think they handle about the same. It is of course all in the kind of tire you run. Some will say they handle better staggered, but I don't know if you or I would feel much of a difference driving on the road. It is definitely for the looks more than anything and why most high performance cars are now sold with staggered set ups where as they were not a few years ago. It is just keeping up with the fads!

The bummer about staggered is you cant switch front to back when the treads wear out. You have to buy new tires!

Personally, I think though your 255's for the front of the GSF will be too big. I have the 245's and it looks like they are already maxing out in the front under the well. Hope this helps a bit!
Old 06-11-12, 09:17 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
Looks great!! I still vote for lowering though. CV3s are one of my favorite wheels so far for the GS4 besides the new CV4s of course I was wondering why you went with 275/30/20 on the rear instead of the recommended 285/30/20?
Wow, I didnt know there was a recommended 285 for the backs! Maybe this explains why the rim sticks 1/8" past the tire itself and the tire's Rim Guards... Hmmm

See the pics on this set to see what I mean...Maybe best to get the 285's!
Attached Thumbnails 4th Gen GS Aftermarket Wheel Thread-l_infiniti_g37_vvscv3_907.jpg   4th Gen GS Aftermarket Wheel Thread-l_infiniti_g37_vvscv3_85d.jpg  
Old 06-11-12, 09:28 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I didnt know there was a recommended 285 for the backs! Maybe this explains why the rim sticks 1/8" past the tire itself and the tire's Rim Guards... Hmmm

See the pics on this set to see what I mean...Maybe best to get the 285's!
Go down towards the bottom of this thread and you can see that Mike@Vossen recommended 285 in the rear. I've just been going by those recommended specs for the 4GS when looking at different wheel and tire setups. I don't think I would feel comfortable knowing that my wheel is sticking out that much from my tires like in the pics you posted but I guess it is all about preferance.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ject-gs-5.html

Last edited by Room4Tu; 06-11-12 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-12-12, 12:37 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That G35 is running a stretched setup.
Old 06-13-12, 10:15 AM
matt2421
Rookie

Good questions! I have the RWD but it should not make a difference if you wanted to stagger an AWD car. It can be done for sure. You just have to make sure that the rolling diameter of the tire remains the same for both front and back. Your tire guys will know what that means. The problem with staggered is always the clearance of the tire in the wheel well. Performance wise I think they handle about the same. It is of course all in the kind of tire you run. Some will say they handle better staggered, but I don't know if you or I would feel much of a difference driving on the road. It is definitely for the looks more than anything and why most high performance cars are now sold with staggered set ups where as they were not a few years ago. It is just keeping up with the fads!

The bummer about staggered is you cant switch front to back when the treads wear out. You have to buy new tires!

Personally, I think though your 255's for the front of the GSF will be too big. I have the 245's and it looks like they are already maxing out in the front under the well. Hope this helps a bit!
Joel,

Thanks for the info man. There arent to many after market wheel sites that have our car listed. I certainly dont want to buy anything and not have them fit. Anyway, i have the AWD Luxury package GS and i took some pics of my front wheels running 20x8.5 wheels with 255/30/20 tires. At full turn there is no rub, but its close.

Oh, those are my sunglasses sitting on top of the wheel showng the gap
Attached Thumbnails 4th Gen GS Aftermarket Wheel Thread-front-clearance1-600x800-.jpg   4th Gen GS Aftermarket Wheel Thread-front-clearance2-600x800-.jpg   4th Gen GS Aftermarket Wheel Thread-front-clearance3-600x800-.jpg   4th Gen GS Aftermarket Wheel Thread-front-clearance4-600x800-.jpg  
Old 06-13-12, 07:32 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Joel,

Thanks for the info man. There arent to many after market wheel sites that have our car listed. I certainly dont want to buy anything and not have them fit. Anyway, i have the AWD Luxury package GS and i took some pics of my front wheels running 20x8.5 wheels with 255/30/20 tires. At full turn there is no rub, but its close.

Oh, those are my sunglasses sitting on top of the wheel showng the gap
Hey Matt, the clearance issue I was referring to was not the rub of the tire inside the well, but of the top of the fender, say if you went over a big bump would the tires hit and rub on the top of the fender.

But why such a big gap in your wells? Is this a pic of the 2013 GS350? The gap looks too massive to be!
Old 06-13-12, 07:49 PM
matt2421
Rookie

Hey Matt, the clearance issue I was referring to was not the rub of the tire inside the well, but of the top of the fender, say if you went over a big bump would the tires hit and rub on the top of the fender.

But why such a big gap in your wells? Is this a pic of the 2013 GS350? The gap looks too massive to be!
Yeah, this is my 2013 GS 350, i was kinda shocked when i first saw the gap. the wheels fit so perfectly on my 06GS430, different cars i know, but i didnt expect this. Its one of the reasons why i am thinking about going with some new wheels, that and i think i want a change from the black/chrome look.

So, no room on the inside of the well but plenty of room on the top, i dont think there is any way out of doing a drop. i dont know for sure yet, i really wish the aftermarket world catch up and start producing stuff for our car.
Old 06-14-12, 08:23 AM
JOELC
Rookie

Yeah, this is my 2013 GS 350, i was kinda shocked when i first saw the gap. the wheels fit so perfectly on my 06GS430, different cars i know, but i didnt expect this. Its one of the reasons why i am thinking about going with some new wheels, that and i think i want a change from the black/chrome look.

So, no room on the inside of the well but plenty of room on the top, i dont think there is any way out of doing a drop. i dont know for sure yet, i really wish the aftermarket world catch up and start producing stuff for our car.
Matt, something still doesnt add up. If you are sure the wheel is a 20" then it seems your tire profile is off on this car. Maybe you should not be running 30's on this car for a 255 size tire. I think this is where the issue lies.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen GS Aftermarket Wheel Thread