audiUp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool - another distraction.
Old 02-10-12, 01:37 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I like multitasking while driving personally LOL e-mail is a crucial part of my work and having e-mails read to me in the car (which I already usually pull up my phone to read something at a red-light) that would be much more convenient. It amazes me how much technology can help us and provide conveniences in our daily routines.
Old 02-10-12, 03:50 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

I was gonna say...my iPhone won't let me do this.
Old 02-10-12, 04:15 PM
clambros
Driver

Originally Posted by itruns
You can also have the car reply to vmail... with short pre-scripted messages you can edit/select from. The only bad news... I phones do not support this technology... only Driods and Blackberry's... evidently there is a tech feature They those choose not to allow access too.
Be careful when selecting an ANDROID .. apparently only SOME of the Droids support Bluetooth MAP (Messaging Access Profile), which is the key to this feature working.

BTW .. The "REPLY" function doesn't work on my Blackberry (TORCH 9800) .. Not sure why (if its a car problem or phone problem).
Old 02-10-12, 05:02 PM
LexFather

Herman Caine would hate this feature...

Drives with wife in new GS...then e-mail pops up..."Herman you lousy scum, you ain't paid me off this month and we had sex all last month, call me at my new number 555-555-5555"

lmfao

Players, disable this ****
Old 02-10-12, 05:57 PM
GSfsport
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, i cant wait to try this feature out. my gs f sport is coming in on the 28 at the end of the month.
Old 02-10-12, 11:12 PM
Dema
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jtrue28
I was gonna say...my iPhone won't let me do this.
Are you kidding? I have no doubts that my iPhone will do everything with GS. Apple rocks
Old 02-11-12, 12:00 PM
MichaelLop
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
Correct thus 99.8% of the population has this !! I actually dont even turn the radio on thus why i've always saved a lot of $$$ from avoiding the Mark Levinson option
That's why you use voice controls to manipulate the radio or the quick toggle on your steering wheel. Then you can utilize that 7.1 surround sound.

Originally Posted by Dema
Are you kidding? I have no doubts that my iPhone will do everything with GS. Apple rocks
Yet Apple doesn't support the MAP profile on Bluetooth required to utilize this feature so until they get it functioning Apple doesn't rock nor roll.
Old 02-11-12, 12:49 PM
Dema
Pole Position

Okay, my iPhone is going to meet toilet bowl.
Old 02-11-12, 01:43 PM
MichaelLop
Driver School Candidate

Fortunately this is not an issue with Lexus, it is a per phone situation. So give it time, there is a new iPhone OS release in the works and Apple is usually slow to offer any features that might risk security. By implementing this feature they are essentially making it to where your texts and emails are readable over Bluetooth which could be a huge security concern. While android believes firmly in user sovereignty and RIM (blackberry) is trying to appeal to the business crowd apple usually takes their time to ensure as little repercussions as possible. Thus the lack of MAP support.
Old 06-04-12, 04:48 PM
joehp1
Rookie

Default How to get system to read e-mails?

My previous phone (Evo 4G) did not have the media access protocal (MAP) to support this function. My new phone (Evo LTE) does have it and the system shows it on the navigation screen.
But, how do you get it to read the e-mails back? Or, does it only support text messaging? I have all the check marks checked in the system. Thanks!
Old 06-04-12, 04:59 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

On my tmobile sensation 4g it reads texts and only the subject for emails. On the blackberry it can read emails as well. Is that normal?
Old 06-04-12, 05:33 PM
joehp1
Rookie

Does the system just start to read them, or is there some kind of notification first?
Old 06-04-12, 08:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by joehp1
Does the system just start to read them, or is there some kind of notification first?
There is a pretty loud "bing" that alerts you that an e-mail has been received and will be read. It startled me the first time I heard it. Then I just had a big smile on my face as it read me my e-mails.
Old 07-14-12, 08:11 PM
wla1mjd
Driver School Candidate

You can also pair multiple phones... Kind of cool having it read my work emails from my Blackberry and then switch back to my personal phone for enform or personal calls.

Quick Reply: Yes, it also reads eMails