GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-11, 11:17 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Yeah, I love what they did to the fog lamp area

I think anyone getting a 4GS must have the F sport package. It's like the mb with the amg sport package
Old 10-25-11, 11:32 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show-kw40n.jpg

Old 10-26-11, 12:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Sorry guys but this is how internet rumors start and get spread by Lexus haters. It could not be cost cutting, they redesigned an entire new front bumper for crying out loud. The LFA doesn't have fogs and we know no expense was spared there. There must be some sort of explanation for no fogs, I highly doubt its cost cutting since this car has tons of other tech and things like upgraded brakes, yaw control etc, a new grill, it has LED lights etc etc

I doubt it was for weight saving too. Surely it was simply to keep the front end overly aggressive, which it is (and my least fav part).

If anything we know people will mod it and add fogs, hopefully yellow!
any questions that might remotely be against lexus are from haters? mike, i can't agree with you on that at all. so i am lexus hater? joez is lexus hater?

what else do you think it can possibly be if it's not cost or weight related, if it's a solid piece not a hole? don't tell me aerodynamic, i will never buy that on this car to make any real world difference.
Old 10-26-11, 12:19 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Hmmm notice a resemblance? Particularly the front end...

Old 10-26-11, 12:24 AM
Bombsquad
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2013 F sport
Old 10-26-11, 01:54 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
So, from the look of it, U.S. gets F Sport on GS 350 RWD or AWD, but not on the hybrid?

UK gets it on the hybrid only?

I really hope GS 450h F Sport is planned for the States...
EU doesn't get 350 and their 250 more likely will not get F SPORT treatment so 450h is only thing they have that's why they are showing it.
Old 10-26-11, 02:40 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh god I'm so inlove with the color combo!
Old 10-26-11, 04:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
any questions that might remotely be against lexus are from haters? mike, i can't agree with you on that at all. so i am lexus hater? joez is lexus hater?

what else do you think it can possibly be if it's not cost or weight related, if it's a solid piece not a hole? don't tell me aerodynamic, i will never buy that on this car to make any real world difference.
honestly, it is pretty crazy to think they cut cost by emitting fogs. maybe a little bit insane too.

You get 2012 with most opulent interior in class, BY FAR, and then you have people claiming they are cutting costs on more upscale sports model. Thats just silly.
Old 10-26-11, 06:39 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this car, and LOVE the color combo. That paint is sick!
Old 10-26-11, 07:31 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I love this car, and LOVE the color combo. That paint is sick!
too bad my euro price for this will probably be north of $100k for GS250 F-Sport and probably $150k for well equipped GS450h F-Sport.
Old 10-26-11, 07:38 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl

B/C I don't know why but when Lexus becomes the topic of conversation it becomes a feces fling fest in many cases, sometimes over minuscule things.
So here are examples of cars with no fogs. Cost cutting for them all? How come when we see these cars people don't start instantly screaming "OMG COST CUTTING NO FOGS OMG OMG"

Now I am not saying the GS F-sport is a competitor to these cars but as we all can see either now or refreshned, they don't have fog lights. (in the lower bumper).

Where is the rage, OMG NO FOG LIGHTS??
Old 10-26-11, 08:05 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Quoting myself for clarification......

I did NOT state this is a fact, I just posted my opinion based on fundamental business economics.

Keep mind guys, we are in an online discussion board... LoL

Does it sound better if we say there are NO Fogs “because everyone else is doing it”...??
or
There are NO Fogs “just because”...??

The fact remains there are indeed No fogs worked into this specific "F-Sport Package"... and YES there is a specific reason..

Keep in mind you have to start looking at this as LONG TERM decision & most likely crossing into some of the rest of the upcoming new or redesigned Lexus Models for 2013 and forward.

Name a Lexus in the last 20+ years without fog lights...

Either way I still love the OVERALL execution of the 2013 GS F-Sport .!!

Regards,

Joe Z

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Overall I think it was executed very nicely..!!!

Welcome to the world of cost cutting.....

I'm very sure we will be able to retro fit 1sick pair of LED's into the Fog grill areas..

Also, I don't think the production versions will sit that low.....

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-26-11 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-26-11, 08:20 AM
LexFather

To quote J.P/Larry..."I need some coffee"
Old 10-26-11, 08:33 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vladi
EU doesn't get 350 and their 250 more likely will not get F SPORT treatment so 450h is only thing they have that's why they are showing it.
250 will probably get F-Sport as well... it is just definitively not as fun to show it :-).
There is F-Sport for all IS versions in Europe - IS200d, IS220d, IS250.
Old 10-26-11, 08:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
honestly, it is pretty crazy to think they cut cost by emitting fogs. maybe a little bit insane too.

You get 2012 with most opulent interior in class, BY FAR, and then you have people claiming they are cutting costs on more upscale sports model. Thats just silly.
i am the last person to want to believe cost cutting. i think you missed my earlier post where it might be for weight reduction AND other reason (like air inlet). but just weight saving alone i think that's a silly reason, fogs can't save you that much. i TRY to defend lexus here for crying out loud. for argument sake, someone can always say they try to up the interior which means higher interior cost and thus need to reduce cost somewhere else. i don't want to think that way, but your post simply opened up that door

and don't try to bring m3 / m5 into the discussion, that only shows you have no idea on those cars. they took out the fogs for weight reduction and those are air inlet for other purposes.

Quick Reply: Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show