GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Brake Pads Rattling?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-20, 10:53 PM
BeastieR6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pads Rattling?!

Hello everyone, new member here! I am having a bit of an issue and am hoping somebody here can point me in the right direction. I own a 2015 GS350 F Sport and was in need of a new pair of front rotors. I purchased an OEM set from the dealership, but instead of opting to use OEM pads I picked up a pair of Duralast Golds (flame on). I have used these pads before in a 350z I owned and had no issues at all with them. Anyways, I swapped out the rotors and began to compress the pistons in the calipers to fit in the new pads. Long story short from that, I made a noob mistake and forgot to remove the master cylinder cap before I compressed the pistons so fluid began to leak out of the brake hose behind the caliper. I had to order the stupid washer from Lexus, replaced it, installed the new pads, bled the brakes and then I was back in business. The car was braking great once I tested them (with the exception of a squeal still present when I brake). The next day I go to drive my car and heard a loud rattle coming from the wheels when I would run any little bump over in the road. WTF. I take the wheels back off to make sure that I tightened the caliper bolts well, and I did. Nothing is loose. I slapped the wheels back on and then did a little test. Every time I run something over in the road when the brakes are applied, there is no rattle whatsoever. Oh, I should mention that yes, I installed the anti-rattle clips as well. So it is pretty obvious it is the pads, I just do not know where to go from here to fix the rattle. It is embarrassing as hell. Anyways, I apologize for the lengthy post and I appreciate any advice you guys could give me, thanks! Great to be here!
Old 04-25-20, 10:04 PM
BeastieR6
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the help guys! Lol. I did the obvious and replaced the pads with OEM ones and the issue is fixed.
Old 04-03-24, 07:52 PM
Donovanba
2nd gear

to anyone who still has this issue and doesn’t really wanna buy new pads. i took my caliper and rotor off, wire brushed the wheel hub as well as the centers of the wheel and rotor. also ended up greasing the pads and the pin that holds them as the idiot who installed these brakes previously did not. drove around the block and so far so good. i’ll update if they start making noise again