GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-18, 09:48 PM
poppawolf8
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to me 2015

About a month ago I picked up a 2015 GS 350 F Sport
Pearl White/ red interior
Navigation
RWD
No DRS (I think)
Planned mods: lower, 20” wheels (on order), front splitter, maybe side skirts, chrome delete, and some performance upgrades.

The day I brought her home

Something we’ve all seen before

What’s in the garage these days

First thing I did to it this week

20x9 +32 fronts 20x10.5 +42 rears 245/35/20 fronts 285/30/20 rears

Took painting the grills gloss black tonight. A few coats of primer. A few coats of paint. And a few coats of clear. Should be ready to put together in the morning

Pulled bumper to pull grills

The copper I chose to go with. Lexus caliper stickers coming soon. I picked black letters.
The following users liked this post:
jonathancl (12-21-18)
Old 12-20-18, 10:05 AM
dTxworld
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

poppawolf8 calipers look nice! did you use G2 caliper paint for your calipers? they look good and have been watching videos all day since I'll be doing this mod next.
poppawolf8 (12-20-18)
Old 12-20-18, 05:24 PM
poppawolf8
Driver School Candidate

Hey Thanks!
I used VHT engine paint for the primer, caliper, and gloss clear. I just couldnt find a caliper paint at the local parts stores that excited me. I did about 3-4 coats of primer, 4-5 light coats of paint and about the same for the clear coat. Im super happy with how it turned out. I have since put on black lexus stickers and also got in the ultra racing strut bar for the front struts which I sanded down and painted the same color to match the calipers. Just like others have stated on here, take your time and do light coats so as not to have any runs.
Old 12-20-18, 05:40 PM
poppawolf8
Driver School Candidate

Default More work done.

G

Got my RS-R Super Downs installed at work along with Specialty Products camber arms. Love the stance now. Doing my research on here about others issues sure did get me prepared for the install. Love the look!! I’m waiting to install my wheels and tires for about 500-750 miles to make sure the springs settle a little bit. Reason being is I’m going to run a 285/30/20 in the rears and want to make sure no rub.
Old 12-20-18, 07:52 PM
jhnnyl2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to getting ideas from you guys
Old 12-21-18, 02:48 PM
CrazyWildB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, on Januar 2nd my GS will be delivered to my house:

1. GS 300h 25th Edition (2016)
2. Starlight Black metallic / black interior
3. Nav / No ML
4. RWD
5. -
6. -
7. She replaces a Chrysler 300C, also used to own a Cadillac CTS
Old 12-22-18, 09:24 AM
fs90rt
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone, I took delivery of my gs this past Sunday!

1. 2019 GS 350 F-sport
2. Ultra White / Black
3. Nav / Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer
6. Planned mods? Just got her tinted, looking around for ceramic coating and may consider doing a chrome delete.
7. Considered an LS but can't justify the price tag. This GS replaces a 2006 IS 250 and is joining a 2016 RX350 F-sport.

Here she is!

Last edited by fs90rt; 12-22-18 at 09:29 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by fs90rt:
kode3 (02-08-19), signdetres (12-22-18)
Old 12-22-18, 09:39 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

It's perfect. Welcome aboard!
Old 12-23-18, 11:03 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 938 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by fs90rt

1. 2019 GS 350 F-sport
2. Ultra White / Black
3. Nav / Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer
6. Planned mods? Just got her tinted, looking around for ceramic coating and may consider doing a chrome delete.
7. Considered an LS but can't justify the price tag. This GS replaces a 2006 IS 250 and is joining a 2016 RX350 F-sport.

Here she is!
Ok... first things first, "Welcome!" Great looking ride! If you liked your IS, you will love your GS, i.e. if you don't mind the larger size.

Secondly... time to come clean... what other mods didn't you list? I see the Triple LEDs, a stand-alone option. And since you have ML, I'm guessing it's also equipped with IPA and Power trunk. Did you get any other upgrades, wheels, HUD?

And your plan for the ceramic coating is a good plan, to keep the salt and grime off the paint... make sure your get the wheels done as well, that brake dust is some sticky stuff and there's a lot!

Welcome again... post more pics!
Old 12-23-18, 11:30 AM
rmes350F
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. 2019 GS 350 F-sport
2. Ultra White / Black
3. Nav / Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer

Here she is!
That is one nice ultra white GS, that was my second choice before I purchased my liquid platinum. Enjoy and Welcome
Old 12-23-18, 01:12 PM
signdetres
Racer

Originally Posted by chinee
Ok... first things first, "Welcome!" Great looking ride! If you liked your IS, you will love your GS, i.e. if you don't mind the larger size.

Secondly... time to come clean... what other mods didn't you list? I see the Triple LEDs, a stand-alone option. And since you have ML, I'm guessing it's also equipped with IPA and Power trunk. Did you get any other upgrades, wheels, HUD?

And your plan for the ceramic coating is a good plan, to keep the salt and grime off the paint... make sure your get the wheels done as well, that brake dust is some sticky stuff and there's a lot!

Screw the triple LEDs, it has rear-wheel steering. Drooling.
Old 12-23-18, 03:58 PM
fs90rt
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by signdetres
It's perfect. Welcome aboard!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by chinee

Thank you
IPA? If its supposed to read LKA, then yes, with power trunk, HUD, lexus safety system and the usual fsport wheels.

Originally Posted by mudduck115
That is one nice ultra white GS, that was my second choice before I purchased my liquid platinum. Enjoy and Welcome
Thank you, wanted it matching with our rx350.

Originally Posted by signdetres
Screw the triple LEDs, it has rear-wheel steering. Drooling.
Don't know how I feel about the rear wheel steering, I haven't had the chance to drive it much yet.
Old 12-23-18, 08:25 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Don't know how I feel about the rear wheel steering, I haven't had the chance to drive it much yet.
It sure helps with turn radius. im not sure i notice much since i haven't compared to one without it but my friend says he definitely feels a difference.
fs90rt (12-23-18)
Old 12-23-18, 09:54 PM
signdetres
Racer

Originally Posted by baconRx
It sure helps with turn radius. im not sure i notice much since i haven't compared to one without it but my friend says he definitely feels a difference.
I drove our 2015 tonight for the first time in a while, which does have it. My 2018 doesn't. It reminded me of why I don't like to drive our 2015 very often... Not because it's not good but because it makes a world of difference in how they drive and handle. They handle like completely different cars, especially at higher speeds on the freeway when the rear wheels are steering in the same direction as the front wheels.

Kind of bums me out that I didn't stand my ground in finding one with it when picking up my '18. It's that good. *sigh* It was a long day (spent a long time at BMW & Infiniti prior to going to Lexus) and I just wanted to get it over with at that point.

Like, I don't know how to put into words how much smaller, lighter & nimbler the car feels while also being so incredibly stable and sharp with just a twitch of the wheel... and I'm comparing a 70,000 mile car to a car with 9,000 miles on it and that's how much sharper, agile & more responsive it is with DRS.

Turn radius is dramatically & noticeably better but there are so many other things that are also improved. IMO, turning radius isn't even worth mentioning because the standard GS already has such a good turning radius, but of course, it is definitely even better with it.

I drove it around in Sport S+ and whereas I don't like driving around in the 2018 in Sport S+ because it feels like all I'm really doing is making it bumpier, in the 2015 it makes the front steering and rear steering SO sharp. I did a couple test swerves around 45 mph and the stability is like, stupidly good... Body roll is almost non-existent feeling. It's crazy. I'm a little beside myself. I remember it being a lot better, but not this much better haha.

In sum, "on rails" is a term I would say accurately describes how our 2015 with it feels (in regards to handling dynamics). I cannot say the same about my 2018, unfortunately.
Old 12-24-18, 05:02 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 938 Likes on 575 Posts

IPA, Intuitive Park Assist. But it sounds like yours is pretty much loaded for an F Sport. And after Signdetres' description of DRS, man... am I jealous!

You got a really good one there...Congrats again!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!