GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-18, 12:49 PM
xpandabl3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi folks,

Used to own couple other Lexus models, recently picked up a 2018 GS350 F-sport thought I would say hello in the GS forum. Only got 1500kms on her right now, so far the only mod is the CF steering wheel from
Japan. Won't be able to drive her until end of the year as I am in Asia currently. Can't wait to drop her though.

The following users liked this post:
Pacman9270 (10-17-18)
Old 10-16-18, 12:53 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 945 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by xpandabl3
Hi folks,

Used to own couple other Lexus models, recently picked up a 2018 GS350 F-sport thought I would say hello in the GS forum. Only got 1500kms on her right now, so far the only mod is the CF steering wheel from
Japan. Won't be able to drive her until end of the year as I am in Asia currently. Can't wait to drop her though.

Triple LEDs for the win! Super rare! Congrats on the purchase!
Old 10-16-18, 01:07 PM
xpandabl3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha thanks...but I am in Canada so triple LEDs comes with packages unless you buy base model. Does it not come with any packages in the states?
Old 10-18-18, 08:29 AM
gm991
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi a first post here..:)

Just picked up a 2013 gs350 F sport.
Love the car..
So I have done up other cars, what's a good first mod?
Plan on doing window tint, break light tint and lowering it..

Old 10-18-18, 10:11 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 887 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by xpandabl3
Haha thanks...but I am in Canada so triple LEDs comes with packages unless you buy base model. Does it not come with any packages in the states?
Individual option - typically found on cars by region. Regions that get AWD F-Sport models tend to have them. Pretty rare option to find on a RWD model. Congrats on your GS. Beautiful car with an even more beautiful steering wheel. Should have came standard from the factory like that. Gorgeous.
Old 10-19-18, 09:36 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Lexus Cherry Popped

Good evening everyone,

I finally did it and hopefully there's no looking back. Coming from nothing but BMW's this was a risky and unknown world to me but a well thought out and researched jump into the Lexus brand. I purchased an off lease pristine condition 2015 GS 350 F-Sport in Obsidian color and very excited to what this Lexus will bring to my driving experience for the foreseeable future. This GS will be my new daily driver so will certainly make final judgment of the overall vehicle experience and brand reputation over the next years. I will post more photos of my hot Japanese girl but wanted to introduce myself and looking forward to the knowledge sharing, posts and comments. In the meantime, below is a quick summary of my initial impressions both pros and cons, love to hear your thoughts and comments.

Thank you all.

Initial Positive Impressions
* V6 engine; wish it had more power, but it's quick enough and love the sound it produces especially in Sport+ mode.
* Speaking of Sport+, in this mode this makes the car the closest thing to any of my previous and current BMW's I own and that is great.
* The interiors fit and finish and overall materials are excellent and soft touch just about everywhere. Not as driver centric but very good and clean layout.
* Overall great driving dynamics and handling which I wasn't expecting and one of the major factors in my decision to purchase this vehicle.
* Trunk space bigger than I expected, then again I come from BMW's.
* Very comfortable and quiet ride but with very sporty elements which is what I wanted in a sports luxury sedan. Sexy, classy yet sophisticated without standing out.
* Reminded me allot of my 2003 BMW E39 M-Sport. Very understated but balanced, well engineered and amazing V6 engine.

Initial Negative Impressions:
* Coming from BMW's phenomenal and easy to use iDrive system, I feel like I went back 15 years with this Lexus system. In fact it's the worst "infotainment" system I have ever used, period. I almost didn't buy the Lexus for this reason alone. BMW iDrive is 1000000000x better and so ahead of Lexus in this area which I found to be very surprising coming from a such advanced technology company in Japan. The mouse thing cursor thing is just worst invention and way to use this system in my humble opinion.
* Backup camera resolution is terrible compared to my BMW's high HD resolution view, Lexus camera looks like 480p resolution. Is there a way I can upgrade or retrofit this to an HD version?
* No Surround 360 or front cameras? I miss this allot and coming from BMW I didn't think I would miss these cool features but it's one of those features once you have it and then you don't, it's almost a must have.
* I don't know if I have a defective heated steering wheel , but I noticed it only heats the side grip areas? All of my BMW's have full on heat throughout entire steering wheel and get really warm and very consistent heat.
* Stupid hump in the middle of the drivers side. What in the world is this? Luckily it doesn't intrude or get in my way but just looks very odd.
* No soft close doors (nice to have again but not a big deal)
* HUD. I had this in my 5 series too, but I understand these are very difficult to come by and not many opted for this option.
* No Radar Cruise Control, but it's my understanding this was also an option.
* Where's the A/C button?

Overview Specs:
1. 2015 GS350 F-Sport (L/Certified through 2024)
2. Ext: Obsidian Int: Black
3. Optioned with: FK Package, Blind Spot Monitor w/ Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Power Folding Outside Mirrors, Navigation Package, Power Trunk, Intuitive Park Assist, Accy Pkg, All Weather Matts and Cold Weather Package.
4. AWD
5. No DRS
6. Planned mods: Delete all chrome, audio upgrade, Dual Dash Cams, radar install, dedicated winter wheel set, suspension lowering and probably engine tuning/mods.
7. What other cars were you considering: Audi, Mercedes and BMW.
8. What did this replace or add to: Add to BMW 550i, 325Ci (e46)

Last edited by HontoKuro; 11-20-18 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Pacman9270 (10-29-18)
Old 10-29-18, 05:03 AM
clubcaner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody with Cabernet interiors? I'd like to see some pictures as there isn't one at the local dealership and the website pics are only of a brief angle...
Old 11-10-18, 08:51 AM
mjo13
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi everyone:

1. GS (Premium, Luxury, or F-sport): F-sport
2. Color exterior/interior Ultra White / Flaxen
3. Nav or No Nav / Mark Levinson or No ML: Nav / No ML
4. RWD or AWD: AWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer or no DRS: No DRS
6. Planned mods? None at the moment
7. What other cars were you considering? What did this replace or add to? Replacing 1999 Toyota Solara SE V6

Just purchased this beautiful, off-lease, CPO 2015 GS 350 F-Sport yesterday. 32600 miles. Still needs some minor paint correction (front bumper and rocker panels) and prep for winter, but otherwise in great shape. Really looking forward to driving her and learning all the quirks and features. For me this car was a great intersection of luxury, refinement, performance, and (hopefully) long-term reliability at this price point. This forum has been invaluable in helping me decide on this car and knowing what to look for as I was scouring the web for inventory. Can you believe I initially was considering an ES instead - what was I thinking? Glad I talked myself into the GS, love how it handles and how planted it feels. Already grateful for the heated steering wheel and seats now that we're experiencing freezing temps in SW Ohio.

Old 11-11-18, 05:47 AM
tank3176
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello All

1. 2013 GS Luxury or Premium..not really sure but has a crap ton of potions
2. Color pearl white / charcoal black
3. Nav /stereo, not sure but sounds amazing
4. RWD
5.No DRS
6. Planned mods : F Sport upgrades, wheels, suspension, fix the inop driver side headlight LED and condensation
7. This replaced my daily driver, 1999 infiniti g20, ill post pictures when i clean her up. Cars still considering as toys: RCF, CTS-V, ATS-V another GT500 (Just sold my 2012 and i miss her)
Old 11-11-18, 12:41 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by tank3176
1. 2013 GS Luxury or Premium..not really sure but has a crap ton of potions
2. Color pearl white / charcoal black
3. Nav /stereo, not sure but sounds amazing
4. RWD
5.No DRS
6. Planned mods : F Sport upgrades, wheels, suspension, fix the inop driver side headlight LED and condensation
7. This replaced my daily driver, 1999 infiniti g20, ill post pictures when i clean her up. Cars still considering as toys: RCF, CTS-V, ATS-V another GT500 (Just sold my 2012 and i miss her)
It may have a ton of potions, but does it have Love Potion #9?

Old 11-20-18, 08:03 AM
MeGaMiLLi
Driver School Candidate

1. 2015 GS 350 F-Sport
2. Smoky Granite Mica
3. Navigation & Mark Levinson
4. AWD
5. No DRS
6. Planned mods - Sound system modifications, Air Intake...
7. Was also looking at a GS-F and will definitely pick one up once in the next two years

Old 11-25-18, 05:39 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Upgraded from 3rd Gen

Just picked up a Lexus Certified 2016 GS 350 F Sport Caviar Exterior/Red Interior Premium Package Ordered Window Visors due in next week and looking to install Front Lip Spoiler.

Old 11-25-18, 05:53 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewGS350
Just picked up a Lexus Certified 2016 GS 350 F Sport Caviar Exterior/Red Interior Premium Package Ordered Window Visors due in next week and looking to install Front Lip Spoiler.

looks great!!! I have the same..except it’s black interior. Can’t wait to see how u mod this beauty! Keep us up to date!
The following 2 users liked this post by Chavez562:
DrewGS350 (11-26-18), Pacman9270 (11-27-18)
Old 11-26-18, 11:53 PM
dTxworld
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Just pulled the trigger on a '19 GS350 F Sport and love it! Can't wait to start reading and researching on everything about it!!

FSportOnly (07-07-20)
Old 11-27-18, 09:54 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 552 Likes on 401 Posts

Great looking 19! I think your the first one on here with a 19. Tell us more about it and what options it has.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!