GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-17, 10:23 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

But remember, white is the most forgiving color there is to maintain and keep looking good. Black is probably the worst to maintain but I have some good detailing products to keep my other black Lexus looking good.
Old 12-04-17, 11:16 AM
vclifford
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a beautiful car! I am searching for a similar GS350 and have narrowed down couple of them. If I buy it, it will be my first Lexus, coming from a world of BMW530 , I am somewhat divided. What did you pay for it. cash down or finance, few details will help in going ahead with my purchase. I also live in NJ.

Cheers!
Old 12-04-17, 12:31 PM
psaav
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
But remember, white is the most forgiving color there is to maintain and keep looking good. Black is probably the worst to maintain but I have some good detailing products to keep my other black Lexus looking good.
I can say that after about 2 months of having Caviar black, It has not been as bad to maintain as I though it would be. I think it's definitely easier to upkeep than straight gloss black like Obsidian due to it's metallic fleck and it changes tones depending on the lighting. I think it's been great so far for my first black vehicle.
Old 12-04-17, 04:55 PM
itsAQ
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vclifford
What a beautiful car! I am searching for a similar GS350 and have narrowed down couple of them. If I buy it, it will be my first Lexus, coming from a world of BMW530 , I am somewhat divided. What did you pay for it. cash down or finance, few details will help in going ahead with my purchase. I also live in NJ.

Cheers!
I came from a 2004 BMW M3 and a Audi A5 world too. Took the GS down at 45k out the door. Downed 20k financed 25k. NJ seems to be running low on 2017 and F Sports in general so just keep that in mind. I only know bc i was looking for an AWD prior so NY/NJ was my area to analyze. Good luck with your purchase!
The following users liked this post:
vclifford (12-05-17)
Old 12-05-17, 12:35 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Originally Posted by psaav
I can say that after about 2 months of having Caviar black, It has not been as bad to maintain as I though it would be. I think it's definitely easier to upkeep than straight gloss black like Obsidian due to it's metallic fleck and it changes tones depending on the lighting. I think it's been great so far for my first black vehicle.
I agree. My 14 RX is the same color called Stargazer. I just wash it once a week and keep the paint maintained with Adam's products. It looks like a million bucks when cleaned and not as bad as solid black. After a good detail it's like the metallic just comes to the surface. Not a good color if someone wants low maintenance. I just hate the new grey tones on cars today. Saw a new Challenger the other day that looked like floor and porch enamel grey. Just hideous!
Old 12-05-17, 06:14 AM
LPowers
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

Excited to join the club
1. 2015 GS350 F sport
2. Atomic Silver / Cabernet
3. Nav/ML/ coldweather package / premium package
4. AWD
5. Also considered an Audi A4 or A6. Other vehicle is a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L diesel.
Old 12-06-17, 05:49 AM
Papaloth
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yo! Pumped to be part of this little forum. Have already learned quite a few things (from the "fav discovered feature" thread) and excited to see what else i can do with this car...

1. 2013 GS Lux
2. Cashmere satin metallic/Peanut butter (not sure what the exact color is, looks like peanut butter to me ; D
3. Nav + ML (not sure that nav in a 2013 is useful, tho!) I think cold weather as well...
4. AWD
5. So far, just added tint
7. Considered an A6 (loved everything except reliability record) and replaced my 14 Durango R/T. Wife has a minivan (we have 4 kids) so this is "our" car for when we don't have all of our family.

Old 12-06-17, 10:15 AM
wjlim22
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Papaloth
Yo! Pumped to be part of this little forum. Have already learned quite a few things (from the "fav discovered feature" thread) and excited to see what else i can do with this car...

1. 2013 GS Lux
2. Cashmere satin metallic/Peanut butter (not sure what the exact color is, looks like peanut butter to me ; D
3. Nav + ML (not sure that nav in a 2013 is useful, tho!) I think cold weather as well...
4. AWD
5. So far, just added tint
7. Considered an A6 (loved everything except reliability record) and replaced my 14 Durango R/T. Wife has a minivan (we have 4 kids) so this is "our" car for when we don't have all of our family.
Luxury version is the best in my opinion. It has more features than my LS 460. Enjoy your new ride!
Papaloth (12-08-17)
Old 12-07-17, 07:46 PM
cwells68
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

1 . 2014 GS F-Sport
2. Silver/Black - (Sorry, I don't know Lexus' fancy schmancy name for the color!)
3. Nav/ No ML
4. RWD
5 . DRS
6. Not sure yet, I've been reading for ideas, tho!
7. I looked HARD at a few 2013 Infiniti M56 XS' to replace a 2008 M45 S, but the miles were too high (over 80k!), or they were too rich for my blood (over 33K!) That was the same reason, even though, I really wanted ML sound, heated steering wheel, and HUD, I ended up NOT getting them...
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-mygs350_1.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-mygs350_2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-mygs350_3.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-mygs350_4.jpg  
Old 12-08-17, 10:58 AM
itsAQ
Rookie

Originally Posted by cwells68
1 . 2014 GS F-Sport
2. Silver/Black - (Sorry, I don't know Lexus' fancy schmancy name for the color!)
3. Nav/ No ML
4. RWD
5 . DRS
6. Not sure yet, I've been reading for ideas, tho!
7. I looked HARD at a few 2013 Infiniti M56 XS' to replace a 2008 M45 S, but the miles were too high (over 80k!), or they were too rich for my blood (over 33K!) That was the same reason, even though, I really wanted ML sound, heated steering wheel, and HUD, I ended up NOT getting them...
I seen that car on carguru for awhile. Always thought it looked nice! Congrats bud
cwells68 (12-09-17)
Old 12-09-17, 06:51 AM
cwells68
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's really sweet. I'm glad I didn't torture myself by test driving one with ML sound, and HUD.

I would've HAD to get it, or been wistfully lusting for the few years...
Old 12-10-17, 03:28 PM
Pacman9270
Driver

Hello everyone! Proud new owner of a 2014 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport as of 12/6. I'm loving my vehicle. So far I have done the following:
  • Complete rewax
  • Added Lexus All-Weather Floormats
  • Leather Treatment / Detail
  • Ordered WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors
  • Ordered tire valve caps
All are small adds. Will continue to read on here for some great ideas!

Last edited by Pacman9270; 12-10-17 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-10-17, 04:53 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pacman9270
Hello everyone! Proud new owner of a 2014 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport as of 12/6. I'm loving my vehicle. So far I have done the following:
  • Complete rewax
  • Added Lexus All-Weather Floormats
  • Leather Treatment / Detail
  • Ordered WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors
  • Ordered tire valve caps
All are small adds. Will continue to read on here for some great ideas!
Sounds like an awesome car! Buy the Weather Techs in place of the all weather mats, they're about worthless protecting the carpet especially the drivers side mat.
Old 12-10-17, 05:39 PM
Pacman9270
Driver

Originally Posted by charley95
Sounds like an awesome car! Buy the Weather Techs in place of the all weather mats, they're about worthless protecting the carpet especially the drivers side mat.
I understand. I live in Dallas, TX though. We don't get snow and I work in an office.
Old 12-13-17, 08:02 AM
MikeLucky
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had posted this in another thread but figure this is a better place for it.

I am a new member to the board and on November 18th I purchased a 2013 GS350 AWD with Luxury package, and I believe cold weather package here in OKC. She had 60,000 miles on her but was immaculately cared for. Previous owner took her to Lexus of Tulsa every 5,000 and even did the $1,000 60,000 mile service before trading it in, so I am assuming the plugs got replaced too, which should be in the normal 60k service. I'm very happy to read the comments in this thread about the 2013 models being reliable. Many times the first year of a new generation run tends to have a lot of bugs to work out. Only complaint I have so far is some rattling with the bass in the ML sound.

I bought my wife a Sequoia about 2 years ago, then I bought her an Infiniti G37 Convertible this summer with the idea that I would start driving the Sequoia. However, she decided she wanted to have both the Sequoia AND the G37, especially since the G is getting hibernated in the garage for the winter. She's hot and I like to have sex with her.... SOOOOO, you know the drill. Thankfully, she's also very awesome and on Friday the 17th at lunchtime she said I should get a new car for me. The next day by 1pm I was driving home in my new Lexus. lol

I probably paid more that I should have, right at $22,000, but at the time of looking it was seriously the only GS350 AWD on autotrader within 300 miles of OKC so I wasn't going to chance walking out of the dealership without her. Normally I would have taken her to my mechanic first, but this one was so beautiful that I decided he was just going to have to fix whatever was wrong with her. lol. Turns out she's pristine.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!