GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-16, 11:08 PM
MethodRN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From one 350......

To another

2013 Starfire Pearl RWD
Nav, no ML
BSM

Planned Mods
Artisan Spirit CF spoiler
Suspension (coils vs springs)
Spacers (until I can decide on a wheel)
Gracie Barra BJJ decal

Cheers!
Old 06-29-16, 03:29 PM
Jim Pittsb
Driver School Candidate

greetings from Pittsburgh. Just picked up my 2016 GS f sport Wednesday.... still not use to even half the butt wiper features lol AWD, Mark Levinson Audio sys, nebula gray with red interior. Will post pics once I get it washed this weekend and the good camera out!
Old 06-30-16, 07:29 PM
Speed3381
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default My 2014 GS 350 F Sport

Hi I'm new here! Nice to meet everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_2888.jpg  
Old 07-01-16, 06:06 AM
2Squared
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the 4th gen GS and Club Lexus forums Jim and speed.
Old 07-08-16, 12:28 PM
DamienM
Driver School Candidate

Default Gs-f

Got my GS back in Dec 2015, was told it was the first car sold in North America (not first made). had the dealership custom paint the calipers as it was shipped with dark gray ones. Downside is, the F logo sticker is still not available via the part department.

I have since installed Niche wheels, 5 spoke. The stock wheels look great until you try and clean your calipers. I spoke with Brembro directly about the dust (my LS 460 F sport had same brakes) and was told its just how they designed the pads. So I moved to a wider opening 5 spoke for easy to clean wheels plus it shows off the brakes much better.

The car is being sponsored by GTHaus and in the processes of getting a cat back exhaust system built. You can see the RC-F setup on their site http://gthaus.com/musa/

Once completed I will post pics of the car with new exhaust and rims...

So far love the car, 2 tickets down but fun to drive.
Top speed so far has been 148mph (baker, ca) - handles like a dream.
This is my 6 Lexus and countless Toyota products.. Started with the first gen IS300 / 2001

Wondering if anyone has completed suspension upgrades to theirs?

Also seem to be having a slight problem with the paint on the front bumber, the leading edge of the air duct is showing signs of wearing off. I do drive a lot across the desert areas of So Cal, but with only 7K miles on it thats not much. Anyone else with this issue?
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-dsc05655.jpg  

Last edited by DamienM; 07-08-16 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-08-16, 07:14 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by DamienM
Got my GS back in Dec 2015, was told it was the first car sold in North America (not first made). had the dealership custom paint the calipers as it was shipped with dark gray ones. Downside is, the F logo sticker is still not available via the part department.

I have since installed Niche wheels, 5 spoke. The stock wheels look great until you try and clean your calipers. I spoke with Brembro directly about the dust (my LS 460 F sport had same brakes) and was told its just how they designed the pads. So I moved to a wider opening 5 spoke for easy to clean wheels plus it shows off the brakes much better.

The car is being sponsored by GTHaus and in the processes of getting a cat back exhaust system built. You can see the RC-F setup on their site http://gthaus.com/musa/

Once completed I will post pics of the car with new exhaust and rims...

So far love the car, 2 tickets down but fun to drive.
Top speed so far has been 148mph (baker, ca) - handles like a dream.
This is my 6 Lexus and countless Toyota products.. Started with the first gen IS300 / 2001

Wondering if anyone has completed suspension upgrades to theirs?

Also seem to be having a slight problem with the paint on the front bumber, the leading edge of the air duct is showing signs of wearing off. I do drive a lot across the desert areas of So Cal, but with only 7K miles on it thats not much. Anyone else with this issue?
beautiful GS-F, but there is a specific GS-F roll call thread in the GS-F section for it
Old 07-09-16, 02:41 AM
mrpink13
Rookie

Originally Posted by GRS210
Hello forumers, What I have here isn't exactly a Lexus, but the evil step brother of the GS...S210 Toyota Crown... Crappy phone pics and bad angles...this car deserve a better camera (and photographer)
wow, cool. have pics of the interior? what are the specs?
Old 07-09-16, 03:05 AM
Naikoa
Driver School Candidate

Sorry I'm just trying to get set up in this so I could ask him questions on how to do some things on my 400 H
Old 07-09-16, 11:50 PM
nauman82
Driver School Candidate

Default Gs 350 F sport 2016

Lexus Gs 350
F sport
Nova White with Topaz brown Interior.
Navigation.
M L
Stock 19" Alloys
DRS
Adaptive Headlamps.

Looking to upgrade exhaust if anybody have suggestions & from where to get pls txt me.

Was looking for Mecedes C63 or BMW M5 .
Old 07-11-16, 06:18 PM
stoffius
Driver School Candidate

Just purchased a 2014 GS350 F-Sport RWD. White on Red. Replaced the old tires with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ tires after reading a few threads on here. Went with 245 & 275 combo from Costco without issue. Car came with 31k miles and is in excellent shape. Planning on tinting the windows at the least and seeing what everyone else is doing with theirs.

Old 07-16-16, 08:28 AM
Bomdy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all, am new here and just got 2 Lexus this past weekend, an 2010 Es350 and 2014 GS350FS. All in an attempt to lower our monthly car expenses. I drove a Ram 1500 long horn all bells and whistles for 3 years, and loved the poop out of that truck, our other car was a 2014 TL.
I took my GS to some some twisty roads I frequented when I rode my motorcycle and it was all smiles on sports+ mode. What a glorious feeling riding through the twisties often going WOT.
I LOVE THIS CAR.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpeg  
Old 07-16-16, 09:32 AM
chemchemgm
Driver School Candidate

Went out this weekend and sold my hs250h after driving it for 6 years. Decided I need sonething new. Was debating between the 2016 ES 350 or the 2016 GS 350 f sport. Finally decided to get GS wanted something more engaging to drive.

Old 07-20-16, 08:22 AM
gsfcrafted
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie!!

Hello, new GS owner here. Bought the GS a month ago and it's great!

1. GS F-sport - Crafted Line
2. Ultra White and Obsidian / Two tone Red and Black
3. Nav/No ML
4. AWD
5. No sure on DRS and need to check!
6. Tint, Maxpider mat and cargo tray, BSM already - Next up vinyl black front grill, chrome and maybe roof area too, yellow led fog lights if they fit and does not interfere with washer fluid tank.
7. Looked at BMW 5 series but loved the GS look. This replaced my 04 M3 convertible.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-01.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-53.jpg  
Old 07-20-16, 10:12 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by gsfcrafted
Hello, new GS owner here. Bought the GS a month ago and it's great!
Congratulations and welcome! I love the crafted line interior.

5. No sure on DRS and need to check!
DRS is not available on AWD models.
Old 07-21-16, 08:46 PM
GSLexTexas
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello all!!

Houstonian checking in here. I just got rid of the Nissan Maxima and am really close to picking up a 2013 Certified Pre-owned Lexus GS350.

My question to you all, as far as aftermarket parts is concerned, is:
1) What are the pros and cons of the Fsport?
- Are aftermarket front lips made for just FSport models? What about the regular non FSport models?
-Is it just me or are most of the members here all driving FSport models?? Should I pick up an FSport model???

2) What are the pros and cons of the AWD?
-am I limited to the size and fitment of aftermarket wheels on an AWD car as opposed to the regular RWD?

Last edited by GSLexTexas; 07-21-16 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!