GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-16, 12:05 PM
jdigga99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice...

Originally Posted by kamskeez
Hi there. Just picked up my '14 Silver/Cabernet GS a few weeks ago. What a difference coming from a Tacoma. Only things planned are window tint and springs+spacers+camber kit. Other than that, she's already perfect. Glad to be joining this forum!

Here are a few pics of my Silver/Cabernet GS with my brother's Gray/Black GS. More pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/ncznu

Beautiful car! That was the color combo i was looking for but they were hard to come by in North Texas
Old 06-13-16, 02:29 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jdigga99
Beautiful car! That was the color combo i was looking for but they were hard to come by in North Texas
Thanks! It's the best combo. There's plenty of them here in Cali
Old 06-13-16, 08:45 PM
ZOHHHH6
Driver School Candidate

Traded on my 2015 IS350 F sport for a 2016 RWD GS350 F sport.
I love the features that the IS lacked. Simple things like memory seats, power folding mirrors, the 12.3" screen....but then the radar cruise control and lane keep assist really put it over the top (could get scary if I get lost in the sound coming from the ML system). It also has the one touch trunk and illuminated door sills.

I plan on the keeping the same theme as my IS. I hope there is some decent aftermarket front splitter options coming soon.

New vs old<br ><br >
<br > <br > <br >
Old 06-14-16, 10:37 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

^^^ Congratulations. I too traded my IS350 (2014) in for a GS. I do miss my IS, but am loving the GS.
Old 06-14-16, 11:06 AM
13gs350
Rookie

Hey Everyone!

New to these forums. I just picked this up Sunday. 2013 GS 350 CPO with 24k miles. it has the Premium Package, Blindspot Monitoring and 12.3 Navi upgrade. I needed a four door, so I sold a Whipple Supercharged Coyote Mustang for this.

Looking forward to the info on this sight. I am planning on upgrading audio, suspension and wheels at some time.
Old 06-14-16, 03:01 PM
2Squared
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the 4th gen gs club and Club Lexus
Old 06-16-16, 12:07 PM
jarhead312
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up our 2013 GS 350 Fsport a month ago.

Starfire Pearl/Black Leather
Fsport
Nav, Park Assist, BSM
AWD
No DRS
Technically replaced an 04 Mercedes CLK 500, but didn't trade it in.
I was looking for a Maserati, but we weren't ready to pull that trigger.

Like it so far..

Old 06-16-16, 03:25 PM
vaccaro01
Driver School Candidate

Default I never get tired of this view!

Old 06-17-16, 10:50 AM
newHy
Driver School Candidate

Hi, just picked up a 2013 GS 450H. Fire Agate Pearl and Luxury package. I have been driving BMWs for the longest time so making the change to Lexus and a hybrid is quite unexpected. So far the car seems to be a great comfortable cruiser with a nicely appointed interior. I will need winter tires in a few months since I am located in Canada and the car is rwd only. I'm considering upgrading to staggered 19 inch wheels like on the F sport and using the 18 inch luxury wheels for winter. If anyone has any suggestions for good 19inch wheels I would love to hear them. Thx.
Old 06-17-16, 10:52 AM
2Squared
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by newHy
Hi, just picked up a 2013 GS 450H. Fire Agate Pearl and Luxury package. I have been driving BMWs for the longest time so making the change to Lexus and a hybrid is quite unexpected. So far the car seems to be a great comfortable cruiser with a nicely appointed interior. I will need winter tires in a few months since I am located in Canada and the car is rwd only. I'm considering upgrading to staggered 19 inch wheels like on the F sport and using the 18 inch luxury wheels for winter. If anyone has any suggestions for good 19inch wheels I would love to hear them. Thx.
Welcome to the 4th Gen GS and Club Lexus forums.
Old 06-17-16, 12:28 PM
vaccaro01
Driver School Candidate

Default I dont think you can do staggered on hybrid models....

Originally Posted by newHy
I definitely have some advice for you. I have a 2016 Fsport RWD with the stock 19" staggered wheels and upgraded my summer tires to the Michelin A/S 3+ and was blown away by the improvement. The car is more planted, smoother, quieter, and even handles better than with the stock dunlops.

You should consider the stock 2016 f sport rims which look super dope and can be had for about $275 each on this site: (tip - I dont think you can do staggered on the hybrid models)

http://midwestwheelandtire.com/produ...lloy-wheel-rim
Old 06-18-16, 07:45 PM
vultures
Driver School Candidate

This is my first post here but I've lurked for many years. I've had a lot of other nice cars, but never a Lexus until I bought this one.

So I picked up my '13 GS 350 a while back, after looking for some time.

1. GS 350 Premium w/25k miles when I bought it
2. Satin Cashmere Metallic
3. Nav/No Mark Levinson/ blind spot monitor / park assist
4. RWD
5. No DRS (Not F-sport)
6. No mods planned (I don't consider window tint or tires a modification but necessities)
7. Was considering the LS 460, but wanted something a little bit more trim. Adds to a Volvo S80 and Subaru Forester at this time.

I had more or less decided on a LS 460 a while back, but kept coming back to the GS for a number of different reasons, one being physical dimensions. The more I looked at the '13+ GS 350, the more I realized that this was going to be my next car. Dimensions were virtually identical to my Volvo S80, which was perfect. It was RWD (a must for this car, as I have a FWD and AWD car currently). After driving a couple of GS models from 13 and 14, I determined that the 6-speed was an outstanding transmission, and it appealed to me.

After that I moved on to color. I already have a blue and white car, and have grown tired of the gray tones. So I determined that I would try to find a satin cashmere or red GS, preferably with chrome wheels. This obviously slowed my search, but I eventually found a satin cashmere one locally, and after seeing the car and stalking the bluetooth phone list and the "home" location set in the nav system, I determined that this particular car was owned by a 70-something couple that lived in a North Scottsdale gated golf course community. All Lexus service history was there. With 25k, knowing where it came from, and with the service history, I went for it. I got a great deal on this car.

Here is a picture at my favorite Phoenix South Mountain Park trailhead.

And here is one at the hand-wash place in Tempe, which backs up to Volvo of Tempe (which is how I found the car wash).

Last edited by vultures; 06-18-16 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-25-16, 03:47 PM
SuperXer0
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey everyone! Just got a 2015 Nebula grey/cabernet GS 350 f Sport. Loving the car. Just one question: is there a sub section within the forums for a specific region (i.e. MD/DC/VA)
Old 06-25-16, 06:22 PM
GSHLNMTR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SuperXer0
Hey everyone! Just got a 2015 Nebula grey/cabernet GS 350 f Sport. Loving the car. Just one question: is there a sub section within the forums for a specific region (i.e. MD/DC/VA)
Sure is! Check here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/reg...xus-forums-16/

Old 06-27-16, 04:22 PM
KANG55
Driver School Candidate

Default What's up fellas

Looking to get started on keeping my Lady Lex for a long time
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call &amp; member introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!