GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-14, 03:00 PM
NXXT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm Alex. I'm from north Texas. This is my car
Instagram: alexx_nxxtlvl

Tomorrow will be a year since I've had my car:

-2013 F-Sport
- Nebula Gray with Porsche Panamera Amethyst accents (roof|mirrors)
- Shaved roof antenna
- Lamin-X Red out tails
- Junction Produce curtains
- JDM visors
- Megan LP coilovers
- VIP Modular VXS110 wheels
- and the latest Skipper

Last edited by NXXT; 06-10-14 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-16-14, 07:23 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Got an e-mail offering to trade my '13 ES350 for a '14 GS350 this morning. End of the day and look what I left home with.

Brand new GS350. Build quality is soo much better. The ES was a great car but the GS is even greater. I don't know what I was thinking buying a FWD car lol.
Old 06-01-14, 06:24 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Jay here. Picked up a 2014 GS 350 F-Sport 3/28/14. Sold my 2009 328i Coupe and decided to take a walk on the wild side. I found my Ultra White, Black Leather, RWD, Navigation, Mark Levinson, No Rear Wheel Steering, LED Door Sills, BSM, at Thousand Oaks Lexus. Highly recommend Jon Lee (Internet Sales Manager) over there. I am very happy with the car so far. So far I have lowered it on Tanabe Springs, B2Design Spacers, eBay Vinyl Overlays for the rear turn signals, 15% Llumar Window Tint, Beat Sonic NAV Bypass, and LED Puddle/Trunk Bulbs. I am kicking around doing the JoeZ axel back exhaust, but have spent enough money for now. Would like to get a little more noise from the back end, but don't want the drone. Been playing around with my DSLR camera, and GoPro. I need to take some more day shots. Hope to meet some of the OC crew out here soon.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-cl-pic-1.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-tinted.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-gopro.jpg  
Old 06-02-14, 06:24 PM
wangster79
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the Beat Sonic NAV Bypass working out for you? I've been looking for a solution like this and didn't know it was available until I Googled it from your post. If you let me know any pros/cons, I'd appreciate it.

Originally Posted by fsportjay
Jay here. Picked up a 2014 GS 350 F-Sport 3/28/14. Sold my 2009 328i Coupe and decided to take a walk on the wild side. I found my Ultra White, Black Leather, RWD, Navigation, Mark Levinson, No Rear Wheel Steering, LED Door Sills, BSM, at Thousand Oaks Lexus. Highly recommend Jon Lee (Internet Sales Manager) over there. I am very happy with the car so far. So far I have lowered it on Tanabe Springs, B2Design Spacers, eBay Vinyl Overlays for the rear turn signals, 15% Llumar Window Tint, Beat Sonic NAV Bypass, and LED Puddle/Trunk Bulbs. I am kicking around doing the JoeZ axel back exhaust, but have spent enough money for now. Would like to get a little more noise from the back end, but don't want the drone. Been playing around with my DSLR camera, and GoPro. I need to take some more day shots. Hope to meet some of the OC crew out here soon.
Old 06-02-14, 06:41 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by wangster79
How is the Beat Sonic NAV Bypass working out for you? I've been looking for a solution like this and didn't know it was available until I Googled it from your post. If you let me know any pros/cons, I'd appreciate it.
it's great, i love it.

pro's: I can read my txt messages now instead of just having the system dictate it to me while moving (i get messages in bosnian/croatian/vietnamese and the system totally butchers the words when it reads back to me) I have full access to the dial pad on the phone - handy when I need to punch in an extension, my passengers can watch DVD's on the move, I can punch in an address on the move.

con's: not really, but I have to press a button to unlock the full features - doing that temporarily disables the current NAV location. so lets say your moving and have the NAV programmed with a destination and you want go to read your text message, the NAV will pause and not move or show your moving at all the second you hit the button on the bypass unit and won't go back to your location till you finish reading the message and press the button again? make sense? it only takes a few seconds for the system to update to your current location after you press the button and disable the bypass. totally worth it. I would by it again and recommend it to anybody. if your ever in the OC you can check mine out.
Old 06-03-14, 04:04 PM
kkurle
Driver School Candidate

Hi - Karl from Spokane WA
I just leased a 2014 GS 350
1. Premium
2. Riviera Red with brown seats/walnut trim - It was tough to find a color beyond black-white-silver
3. Nav - I love the screen size
4. AWD
5 No DRS
6 No planned mods - it came with utlrachrome 18" rims
7 I now have three Lexus in the garage. I afraid that I must get rid of my 1998 ES, it has 225,000 faithful miles, but all good things come to an end.

I looked closely at a BMW 535 and Benz E350, but I stuck with Lexus because of 14 years of wonderful ownership.
I drove 1000 miles in the first 4 days!

Last edited by kkurle; 06-03-14 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-03-14, 06:17 PM
jpeffley
Driver School Candidate

Hello to everyone. Traded my mint 06' VY Z06 for a new 14' GS FSport AWD. Mods. In the future.
- Obsidian/Cabernet
- Navigation
- BSM
- Intuitive Park Assist
- Remote Engine Start
- Acc. Pkg. and All Weather Mats
Old 06-03-14, 09:53 PM
myfly350
Rookie

I have been looking to get the axle back since I have AWD I just really need someone to make a drive by vid in the axle back ....I would like to see the sound ...how is it compared to stock...... Would u have a vid?
Old 06-06-14, 01:07 PM
MikeyTown
Driver School Candidate

Hi all,

Mike from Corona, CA here. New member and first time Lexus owner. I picked her up 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

1. 2014 F-Sport
2. Ultra White w/ Black Interior
3. Nav and Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. Llumar tint all around, 3M Crystalline on Windshield, Oracal 8300 Med Grey on Headlights, Tail Lights and Rear Reflectors, Roof Panel wrapped in gloss black vinyl, Chrome trim pieces on grille, trunk and around windows wrapped in matte black vinyl, paint-matched part of bumper that separates the grille wrapped in matte black vinyl, "GS 350" badging removed from back, Black Pearl "L" emblems front and back.
7. The only other car I was considering was the 2015 Hyundai Genesis. It was a great car, but while inside the vehicle, there were a few things that made me think, "Yeah... It's still a Hyundai." The GS adds to a 2005 Infiniti FX35 that I will probably keep until it falls apart. Currently, it has 130k on it and runs like a dream.

Cheers!
Old 06-06-14, 02:09 PM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

Wassup CL!

Got sick of the axle issues on my 08 AWD 3GS and had been looking to upgrade to the new 4GS. It was hard to find new and used 4GS' in Northern California, so knowing lease returns were starting to trickle in, I began to scouring the used cars all over the internet.

I ended up with a used 2013 RWD Premium black on black. I know, I know, its not as nice as I would have liked but I got a screaming deal for this car and it only had 2,800 miles!! Its a previous lease and then was repossessed. Somebody's loss is my gain. I didn't quite understand how much it did/didn't have in options until I did the research, but overall I'm happy. I would have really liked a F-Sport model, but I can live without.

So far I've tinted the windows 30/15 and vinyled the rear tails red. Already ordered my springs, and going to put my Vossen's from my 3GS on the car for the time being. Won't go too crazy on mods, but definitely planning on getting the F-Sport front bumper and an add on lip in the furture.
Old 06-07-14, 05:53 PM
Alykatt3
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, I'm Allie from GA. I've had my 2013 GS350 almost a year now.

1. Premium
2. Starfire Pearl / Black interior
3. Nav / No ML
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. So far I've added Megan Racing springs, 19" STR Racing wheels, blacked out all chrome pieces except window trim for now, red tail lights, painted calipers, and metallic graphite interior trim in place of wood grain. Hope to add coilovers and exhaust soon!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpg  
Old 06-09-14, 08:34 PM
Bewbie
Driver School Candidate

Hi I'm Ming. Picked up my 14 Ultra White GS F-Sport in Jan, so far i love it.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 06-09-14, 08:37 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Alykatt3
Hey, I'm Allie from GA. I've had my 2013 GS350 almost a year now.

1. Premium
2. Starfire Pearl / Black interior
3. Nav / No ML
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. So far I've added Megan Racing springs, 19" STR Racing wheels, blacked out all chrome pieces except window trim for now, red tail lights, painted calipers, and metallic graphite interior trim in place of wood grain. Hope to add coilovers and exhaust soon!
hey i know you! your my friend on instagram!

:P
Old 06-10-14, 12:19 PM
SmokeTL
Driver School Candidate

Wassup everyone. Picked up a 2014 Starfire Pearl/Cabernet AWD on Saturday.
Just got out of a 2012 acura TL. So far I am LOVING this car. Not really gonna do any major mods. I am debating if I am gonna tint. Also, the car doesn't have the front plate on, so instead of drilling, I ordered the tow hook plate bracket. Gonna keep it simple. You guys have been a weath of knowledge.
Old 06-10-14, 04:07 PM
Alykatt3
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey i know you! your my friend on instagram!

:P
Ha Ha, yep!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!