ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   Navigation Setting / 2016 GS F Sport (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/950781-navigation-setting-2016-gs-f-sport.html)

Ironman50 08-19-20 07:25 PM

Navigation Setting / 2016 GS F Sport

Just bought my 2016 CPO 3 weeks ago - very impressed with the Nav system and all the capabilities - Questions : (1) is there a setting where the Nav voice overrides the radio sound - in other words can the radio go silent so you can hear the Nav voice command? (2) Re Traffic can you view predicted traffic on a trip - say you are 2 hrs outside a major city and there is traffic on your route - can you view the details of the traffic?

RichKnecht 08-20-20 08:14 AM

Unfortunately, the Nav does not mute the radio. My Infinitis did that and it makes sense and worked great. So far, it's the only thing I do not like about my GS.

LexusGSboy 08-22-20 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ironman50 (Post 10873218)
Just bought my 2016 CPO 3 weeks ago - very impressed with the Nav system and all the capabilities - Questions : (1) is there a setting where the Nav voice overrides the radio sound - in other words can the radio go silent so you can hear the Nav voice command? (2) Re Traffic can you view predicted traffic on a trip - say you are 2 hrs outside a major city and there is traffic on your route - can you view the details of the traffic?

I'm not aware of a mute, however, I believe there is a setting for the volume of the voice. I haven't played with it much, buy my assumption was always that it was sort of relative to the volume of the radio. Maybe increasing the volume setting would at least help? FYI - off the top of my head I'm thinking there may even be two settings - one for the NAV and one for the general voice commands but I'm not 100% sure on that.

mcomer 08-22-20 02:57 PM

The steering wheel button "Mode" will change between modes: AM/FM/XM/CD/BT when pressed briefly.
Press the mode button and hold it a moment to mute the radio or pause playback. Works well when at a
drive up window and even better when the Nav prompts come on. Be certain to press it long when unmuting
because if you just jab at it it will change your mode (and mood!)

LexusGSboy 08-22-20 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by mcomer (Post 10875421)
The steering wheel button "Mode" will change between modes: AM/FM/XM/CD/BT when pressed briefly.
Press the mode button and hold it a moment to mute the radio or pause playback. Works well when at a
drive up window and even better when the Nav prompts come on. Be certain to press it long when unmuting
because if you just jab at it it will change your mode (and mood!)

Awesome tip! I have to try this I thought Lexus missed this little detail of a mute button on the steering wheel.

byungkuk 08-22-20 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy (Post 10875468)
Awesome tip! I have to try this I thought Lexus missed this little detail of a mute button on the steering wheel.

Definitely works! Great tip!

mcomer 08-24-20 06:52 AM

Glad you like this undocumented feature. Next tip: the Map button near the
remote controller will 1) bring up the map if you are on another screen such
as Radio, 2) will repeat the Nav prompt when you are already on the Map.
Play the two buttons...Long press Mode (to mute) Press Map to repeat prompt,
Long press Mode (to resume media).

Note: those Lexi with "Home" rather than Map will need to perform extra steps :egads:
Press Home/remote control to the Map/press to expand map/find and press the
screen button to repeat command... whew!

websurfer 08-24-20 11:14 PM

I actually want to get rid of my other settings like I heart radio or others that I don't need. Is there a trick to that?

mcomer 08-29-20 07:27 AM

You can not get rid of the AM dial even if you do not listen to any stations on that band...
The factory capable sources including XM, iHeart, FM, AM, CD (remember those?) will
always have a spot in the menus.

Embrace the source, Download Lexus App Suite (not LAS 2.0 for 2016's) and enroll iHeart
in the Lexus App. Now you can control the phone's streaming audio on the cars screen...legally.
The functionality of LAS are principally to enhance the Navigation destination entry but it does
do some media interface as well.

websurfer 08-29-20 02:13 PM

Thanks, I already have Lexus App Suite (Entune).

I have the iHeart radio on the Lexus App Suite but it doesn't let me login with userid and password.

Alexa works fine though.

I don't use the other apps also and want to get rid of them.