ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   Three Oil changes $150 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/926308-three-oil-changes-150-a.html)

Zsikd 08-30-19 11:09 PM

Three Oil changes $150

So I was with a buddy at the local Toyota dealer and was curious what their prices were. They offered three synthetic oil changes using OW20, which is what our GS takes plus tire rotation for $150.

the Lexus dealer charged about $90... what do you guys think or feel with Toyota servicing? They literally use the same oil, Lexus charges more for their name, their lounge, etc.

peasodos 08-30-19 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Zsikd (Post 10601468)
So I was with a buddy at the local Toyota dealer and was curious what their prices were. They offered three synthetic oil changes using OW20, which is what our GS takes plus tire rotation for $150.

the Lexus dealer charged about $90... what do you guys think or feel with Toyota servicing? They literally use the same oil, Lexus charges more for their name, their lounge, etc.

The Toyota dealership can service your Lexus no problem. There are many Toyota's that use this same engine or a variant of it. $150 for 3 oil changes and tire rotation is a no brainer, great price for a dealership.

charley95 08-31-19 04:57 AM

That's totally fair. My Lexus dealer is right next door to the Toyota dealer. Toyota oil filter is $14 at Lexus and same filter is $6 at Toyota dealer. Battery died on my 14 RX last weekend, Lexus battery $175, Toyota battery was $105.

AJLex19 08-31-19 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Zsikd (Post 10601468)

The Toyota dealerships may not be as fancy or as "luxury," but they have all the same access to parts/diagrams/tools etc for Lexus. My personal mechanic used to work on quite a few ES models which he exclusively bought parts for his clients from our local Toyota dealership.

As long as the Toyota service dept. is good at that dealership and they have a good reputation, that's what is most important.

bclexus 08-31-19 09:32 AM

You may want to make sure that they are aware of the oil capacity the GS takes. There may be a quart limit.

I own a Toyota vehicle and my local Toyota dealership's service department is nowhere near as good in any category as my local Lexus dealership's service department. It's night and day! Just be aware...

Zsikd 09-01-19 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by charley95 (Post 10601522)
That's totally fair. My Lexus dealer is right next door to the Toyota dealer. Toyota oil filter is $14 at Lexus and same filter is $6 at Toyota dealer. Battery died on my 14 RX last weekend, Lexus battery $175, Toyota battery was $105.

Speak about the clear division of robbing people. I suppose for those who really want to spend it, go ahead, right?

Originally Posted by AJLex19 (Post 10601647)
The Toyota dealerships may not be as fancy or as "luxury," but they have all the same access to parts/diagrams/tools etc for Lexus. My personal mechanic used to work on quite a few ES models which he exclusively bought parts for his clients from our local Toyota dealership.

As long as the Toyota service dept. is good at that dealership and they have a good reputation, that's what is most important.

Thanks for the input! Honestly, if you take a look at the parts and etc, they are all made by Toyota lol. Absolutely, long as the dealer is well reputable, I think it’s well worth it. The dealership that offered it is apart of a very wealthy automotive group. I trust them! I’ll keep this updated and see how it goes.

Originally Posted by bclexus (Post 10601667)
You may want to make sure that they are aware of the oil capacity the GS takes. There may be a quart limit.

I own a Toyota vehicle and my local Toyota dealership's service department is nowhere near as good in any category as my local Lexus dealership's service department. It's night and day! Just be aware...

Ahh, bummer that the Toyota dealer is that much more different than the Lexus dealer. I will agree that the Lexus dealer has better snacks and etc (at least in Michigan) but the Toyota dealership near my house is just as good. Thanks for the quart limit though. I will ask them since the GS takes about 7 quartz.