ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   Damage to my car (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/909970-damage-to-my-car.html)

viperr 01-28-19 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by peasodos (Post 10423215)
Yes exactly they would have to blend the fenders and maybe the hood to get a perfect color match if I ever changed the bumper some other time. Liquid Platinum is one of those colors you'll notice if it's off. Black car on the other hand you probably don't need to blend anything.

My car would look like this except the chrome trim around the top of the grill would be gloss black. I also have the led headlights :)
2013 GS 450h f-sport minus the dynamic rear steering :)
Also plan on wrapping the roof and chrome trim around the door gloss black.

Yup, exactly! Don't forget to add clear bra again for that new shiny bumper...:rolleyes:

peasodos 01-28-19 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by viperr (Post 10423248)
Yup, exactly! Don't forget to add clear bra again for that new shiny bumper...:rolleyes:

Yeah I plan on doing it, the body shop said their clear bra guy has done it 3 days after paint, but he recommended waiting about a month after paint for clearbra.

I plan on doing full hood and bumper. I had the factory clearbra on lower part of hood and as soon as I took if off rock chips started appearing. I'm going to avoid driving the car as much as possible until the clearbra is on it.

peasodos 02-22-19 04:13 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...c196a8e8da.jpg

They did a perfect job! Apparently liquid platinum is a 3 stage paint. I saved some money because they only charged me for 2 stage like in the original estimate, but did the 3 stage paint job.

Stewart350 02-22-19 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by peasodos (Post 10448374)

They did a perfect job! Apparently liquid platinum is a 3 stage paint. I saved some money because they only charged me for 2 stage like in the original estimate, but did the 3 stage paint job.

That looks like it came out great. Looks even more aggressive with the Triple Beam Led headlights.

jdpdata 02-22-19 05:54 PM

Congrats! It turned out great. Your labor rates in VA is undoubtedly much lower than in SoCal. I'm anticipating my front bumper respray alone will be around $1-1.5K. I will take it to Lexus body shop to get best possible paint job and match.

I want to repaint my front bumper due to a giant scratch previous owner left on lower passenger side near the fog lights. SK lip is covering most of the scratch now, but my OCD side wants it perfect. Also waiting to hear how much Espirit bumper conversion will be from ModInJapan. If not too crazy expensive, I may do the conversion this summer. But the horror stories I see from Aimgain bumper conversion that someone did makes me nervous. Staying with F Sport bumper will guarantee everything fits perfectly.

lbcgav 02-22-19 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by jdpdata (Post 10448473)
Congrats! It turned out great. Your labor rates in VA is undoubtedly much lower than in SoCal. I'm anticipating my front bumper respray alone will be around $1-1.5K. I will take it to Lexus body shop to get best possible paint job and match.

I want to repaint my front bumper due to a giant scratch previous owner left on lower passenger side near the fog lights. SK lip is covering most of the scratch now, but my OCD side wants it perfect. Also waiting to hear how much Espirit bumper conversion will be from ModInJapan. If not too crazy expensive, I may do the conversion this summer. But the horror stories I see from Aimgain bumper conversion that someone did makes me nervous. Staying with F Sport bumper will guarantee everything fits perfectly.

Have you tried Platinum VIP? I just had my bumper re-sprayed and it was roughly half of what you say you're ready to pay. He's moved his shop to Irwindale. Kennedy is a cool guy and is very generous with his clear coat.

jdpdata 02-22-19 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by lbcgav (Post 10448501)
Have you tried Platinum VIP? I just had my bumper re-sprayed and it was roughly half of what you say you're ready to pay. He's moved his shop to Irwindale. Kennedy is a cool guy and is very generous with his clear coat.

Funny you mention Platinum VIP. I was just researching them. Sound like I need to bring my GS there to get a quote. Thanks!

viperr 02-22-19 10:37 PM

Thats a nice job peasodos! It came out great and I'm glad it all worked out. :thumbup:

peasodos 02-23-19 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by viperr (Post 10448629)
Thats a nice job peasodos! It came out great and I'm glad it all worked out. :thumbup:

Thanks, stay tuned for my next mod. I bought all the seats from a gs with luxury package for $1350 shipped to my door. Going to swap out the seats and sell my original ones :) The deal was too good to pass up.

eddie420 02-23-19 08:35 AM

Sweet looking ride and the paint match is spot-on! You have a unique ride now my friend... 450h with F-Sport Grill + Fogs lol.

Are you going to eventually PPF the bumper and hood?

peasodos 02-23-19 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by eddie420 (Post 10448824)
Sweet looking ride and the paint match is spot-on! You have a unique ride now my friend... 450h with F-Sport Grill + Fogs lol.

Are you going to eventually PPF the bumper and hood?

Yes, I'm currently garaging the car for a month then straight to the PPF guy. Even though they bake the paint the body shop owner recommended I wait 30 days before installing PPF. His PPF guy has installed it 3 days after paint, but he said if it were his car he would wait 30 days.

viperr 02-23-19 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by peasodos (Post 10448829)
Yes, I'm currently garaging the car for a month then straight to the PPF guy. Even though they bake the paint the body shop owner recommended I wait 30 days before installing PPF. His PPF guy has installed it 3 days after paint, but he said if it were his car he would wait 30 days.

Great, now we have to wait at least a month to see the PPF installation and potential how-to install lux seats. ;)

peasodos 02-24-19 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by viperr (Post 10449378)
Great, now we have to wait at least a month to see the PPF installation and potential how-to install lux seats. ;)

lol, I'm having my PPF professionally installed.

peasodos 02-27-19 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by viperr (Post 10449378)

FYI: I scheduled my PPF to install first week of April. The Installer uses Suntek Ultra.
for the bumper and full hood it's $970
for the bumper, full hood, both fenders, side mirror caps, and headlights it's $1400.

The guy came highly recommended from the body shop guy, has lots of experience and does installs for local Porsche dealer. They also wrap around the edges unlike the factory Lexus PPF.

Coolchuck 02-28-19 10:51 AM

Dam that messed up about the damage but new bumper came out well; looks really nice.