GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Memory Driver Seats not working

Old 02-11-17, 04:26 PM
RichGag21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory Driver Seats not working

Picked up a 2014 CPO GS 350 F Sport but I can not store memory for driver's seat in any of the 3 memory buttons. Any ideas? Heard there is a sequence to correct this issue....
Old 02-11-17, 10:58 PM
TrevorTran
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

You have to hold "SET" and then press 1, 2, or 3 in order to store the memory.
Old 02-13-17, 05:52 PM
RichGag21
Driver School Candidate

Let me clarify.... the buttons are not working as you mention. I hear when the battery is disconnected you need to re calibrate the seat so the buttons will work and I can store a seat position to memory.
Old 02-14-17, 04:42 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Have you tried just tapping set then the memory number, as opposed to holding the set button?
Old 02-15-17, 05:29 AM
57Strat777
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if this will help, but Lexus incorporates some nanny safety features that don't allow certain settings to be changed while the vehicle is in motion. Maybe try with the car transmission in park.
Old 02-15-17, 08:26 AM
RichGag21
Driver School Candidate

I guess no one has come upon this issue...... In previous generations, if the vehicle has the battery removed, the Memory for the seat is reset as is true with a radio losing preset channels. Lexus has a sequence that requires you to move the seat all the back, then all the way forward, then the back all the way down and all the way forward, etc. Then, you can get in, set the mirrors, steering wheel position, seat position, etc. and then hold SET and the number. I just can not remember the sequence of seat movements to initiate the SET and numbered memory buttons to begin working.
Old 02-15-17, 12:49 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by RichGag21
I guess no one has come upon this issue...... In previous generations, if the vehicle has the battery removed, the Memory for the seat is reset as is true with a radio losing preset channels. Lexus has a sequence that requires you to move the seat all the back, then all the way forward, then the back all the way down and all the way forward, etc. Then, you can get in, set the mirrors, steering wheel position, seat position, etc. and then hold SET and the number. I just can not remember the sequence of seat movements to initiate the SET and numbered memory buttons to begin working.
Interesting. This is the first that I've heard of that.

There has been several members who have disconnected their battery (or replaced them).. but nobody has wrote about going through a special procedure to get the memory seat working again.

I'm very curious now, so going to follow your thread. I'm sure people that have removed their battery before will chime in.

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 02-15-17, 01:03 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,602 Likes on 1,020 Posts

I checked in my 2015 manual (page 570, "Items to Initialize") and it states that the only thing you have to initialize after a battery disconnect are the tire pressure sensors. I've never heard of a need to initialize the seat memory system. Interesting.
Old 02-15-17, 01:07 PM
57Strat777
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a google and found this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...d-working.html
Make sure you are in park with ignition ON. Assuming you are....

This sounds like the problem which occurs after power has been disconnected. The seats have to be "re-taught" their limits before the memory will work.

You should check your manual because I think different years have different procedures. Here's a couple posts from another thread:

What you have to do is move the seat back all the way forward using the power seat back switch until you hear a beep , then move the seat cushion back the entire way again using the power seat control, next move the seat cushion all the way forward using the power control. You can now put the seat in the position you desire and push set and #1.

1. Move the seat forward until you hear a beep.
2. Move the seat all the way back.
3. Move the seatback angle switch forward until you hear a beep
4. Move the seat back angle switch all the way reclined.
5. Set the memory now.
The following users liked this post:
2005LS430M (05-02-21)
Old 05-02-21, 11:31 AM
2005LS430M
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Memory Seats Not Working

May 2, 2021. This worked for me.
Recently, the driver memory seats stopped working on my 2011 Lexus LS460L, after having the driver's seat padded with an extra 1 inch of foam at an auto upholstery shop. Also, every time I moved the seat back or the headrest up and down, there was a beeping sound, which had not been there before. I assume the upholstery shop disconnected the battery while working on it. I have the Techstream software for Toyota on my laptop, so I tested the Set button and M1, M2, M3 buttons operation through the software, and the buttons all worked, but I still could not set the seat memories. I then read the threads here about retraining the seat by moving it back and forth, which worked. This is what I did:
The ignition switch was put in ON mode (foot off the brake, press Start twice, not running, all lights on dash lit). While I stood outside the car so I did not obstruct seat motion, the seat was moved back as far as it would go, beeping all the way. It stopped going back, still beeping, but it wasn't all the way back. So I took my finger off the switch, then started it back again. It went a little further back, stopped, and I had to repeat this until releasing and repressing the switch did not move the seat back any further. Then I did the same thing moving the seat all the forward until it would not move any further forward. Next, I tilted the seat back all the way. It stopped at least three times, requiring me to release then re-press the button. Then I did the same tilting the seat all the way forward. After this, the seat memory buttons worked. (I did not have to do this for the seat height or seat bottom projection.) Now I have to figure out how to get the exterior mirrors to close automatically again.
Im2bz2p345 (05-02-21)
Old 09-26-21, 04:09 PM
amitmunjal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2005LS430M
May 2, 2021. This worked for me.
Recently, the driver memory seats stopped working on my 2011 Lexus LS460L, after having the driver's seat padded with an extra 1 inch of foam at an auto upholstery shop. Also, every time I moved the seat back or the headrest up and down, there was a beeping sound, which had not been there before. I assume the upholstery shop disconnected the battery while working on it. I have the Techstream software for Toyota on my laptop, so I tested the Set button and M1, M2, M3 buttons operation through the software, and the buttons all worked, but I still could not set the seat memories. I then read the threads here about retraining the seat by moving it back and forth, which worked. This is what I did:
The ignition switch was put in ON mode (foot off the brake, press Start twice, not running, all lights on dash lit). While I stood outside the car so I did not obstruct seat motion, the seat was moved back as far as it would go, beeping all the way. It stopped going back, still beeping, but it wasn't all the way back. So I took my finger off the switch, then started it back again. It went a little further back, stopped, and I had to repeat this until releasing and repressing the switch did not move the seat back any further. Then I did the same thing moving the seat all the forward until it would not move any further forward. Next, I tilted the seat back all the way. It stopped at least three times, requiring me to release then re-press the button. Then I did the same tilting the seat all the way forward. After this, the seat memory buttons worked. (I did not have to do this for the seat height or seat bottom projection.) Now I have to figure out how to get the exterior mirrors to close automatically again.
HI

I tried doing this for my RX450h (2012).....but did not work. The passenger side works fine and has been working, but not the driver side.
Old 09-26-21, 04:14 PM
amitmunjal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 57Strat777
I did a google and found this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...d-working.html
Make sure you are in park with ignition ON. Assuming you are....

This sounds like the problem which occurs after power has been disconnected. The seats have to be "re-taught" their limits before the memory will work.

You should check your manual because I think different years have different procedures. Here's a couple posts from another thread:

What you have to do is move the seat back all the way forward using the power seat back switch until you hear a beep , then move the seat cushion back the entire way again using the power seat control, next move the seat cushion all the way forward using the power control. You can now put the seat in the position you desire and push set and #1.

1. Move the seat forward until you hear a beep.
2. Move the seat all the way back.
3. Move the seatback angle switch forward until you hear a beep
4. Move the seat back angle switch all the way reclined.
5. Set the memory now.
HI

I did see that post as well, and tried it on my 2021 RX450h, THis did not solve the problem. The passenger side seat momory has been working fine beore and after, but the driver side seat memory set buttons dead.

any other ideas.
Old 09-26-21, 07:08 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,411 Posts

To reset seat memory (when seat memory programming fails - which is often caused by the car's battery either dying or disconnecting the battery without maintaining system voltage which can lose some accessories' memories or prevent them from being able to be set until restored), try this process:

Lock the car with the key fob's 'lock' button
Unlock the car with either the key fob's 'unlock' button or using the door handle touch system with key fob in pocket
Open the driver's door and sit down in driver's seat
Start the engine
Engage the automatic emergency brake to be automatically applied when Park is selected
Move the transmission selector from Park to Reverse to Drive and then back into Park
Stop the engine
Set desired seat position
Without applying the foot brake (you're not starting the engine) push the Start button to turn the car's accessories (e.g. radio, Nav) electrical system On (Do Not start engine)
With the seat in the desired position push in on the memory 'Set' button and press either #1, #2 or #3 until a beep signal is heard indicating the memory has been set
Push the Start button to turn the car's accessories (e.g. radio, Nav) electrical system Off

Exit the car and lock the car with the key fob's 'lock' button
Unlock the car and sit down in the driver's seat.
Adjust the driver's seat to a different position without attempting to save it to a memory position
Start the engine and leave it in Park
Press the memory # position you set earlier to the desired position - the seat should reposition to that previously desired position

This process process should restore the ability to set the seat position into one or more memory positions. Once this process is found to work satisfactorily for the seat position memory, the steering wheel and side mirrors can be adjusted to the desired positions and added to the appropriate memory #, including the side mirror's desired reverse gear settings.

Have a go with this and let us know how this works out...

Last edited by bclexus; 09-26-21 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-26-22, 02:34 AM
Nickysan18
9th Gear

Default I found a YouTube video

This happened to me on my ‘04 RX 330 I have not yet tried it because I literally just watched the YouTube video by a user named “froggy” the YouTube video’s title is “Lexus memory seat reset after battery disconnect by froggy” it was posted 9y ago and several people commented that his method worked for them I’m going to try it once I’m up and in my car later and will let you know if it worked for me!
Old 06-28-22, 03:14 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

My memory seats doesnt work at all...
Why everything is so complex on these lexus cars...
Gerf (06-28-22)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Memory Driver Seats not working