ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   Lexus GS acting weird (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/843883-lexus-gs-acting-weird.html)

Cathy 01-08-17 05:48 PM

Lexus GS acting weird

My parked car was emitting some very strange buzzing noise at the back. Starting and shutting down the car engine killed the noise and I've been noticing the vsc light flashing for 5 seconds occasionally on some trips when I braked the car in traffic. Anyone here has similar problems before?

bclexus 01-08-17 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cathy (Post 9730283)
My parked car was emitting some very strange buzzing noise at the back. Starting and shutting down the car engine killed the noise and I've been noticing the vsc light flashing for 5 seconds occasionally on some trips when I braked the car in traffic. Anyone here has similar problems before?

The humming noise you hear coming from under the vehicle hours after turning Off the engine is the fuel evaporation leak check. Any time up to approximately 5 hours after the engine is turned Off, you may hear a humming sound coming from under the vehicle that could last up to several minutes. This is the sound of a fuel evaporation leakage check and, it does not indicate a malfunction.

The VSC light flashing could be triggered by a few different things that will cause the VSC light to flash, yet the cause might not have anyting directly to do with the VSC per se. It would be best to have Lexus pull the code (if the problem has even thrown a code) to find out exactly what is causing the VSC light to flash. It could be an engine sensor, O2 sensor, ignition coil, etc., etc. If you detect that the engine's power is acting strange, or if the car's speed is being deliberately reduced at times, then the problem (whatever it is) could be causing the ECU to deactivate the VSC and flash the light. I'd have Lexus take a look...

Cathy 01-08-17 06:29 PM

I want to elaborate the fact that the car was emitting buzzing sound when it's already shut down in the garage.

bclexus 01-08-17 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cathy (Post 9730349)
I want to elaborate the fact that the car was emitting buzzing sound when it's already shut down in the garage.

Understood... It is a very common concern/question.

The humming noise you hear coming from under the vehicle hours after turning Off the engine is the fuel evaporation leak check. Any time up to approximately 5 hours after the engine is turned Off, you may hear a humming sound coming from under the vehicle that could last up to several minutes. This is the sound of a fuel evaporation leakage check and, it does not indicate a malfunction.

bclexus 01-08-17 06:56 PM

Click ► HERE

Look at the 2nd Question in the GS 350 manual (on Page 8) titled 'Noise from under vehicle after turning off the engine'

Cathy 01-08-17 07:02 PM

Wow thanks alot!

bclexus 01-08-17 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cathy (Post 9730381)
Wow thanks alot!

I could detect in your post (where you elaborated about the buzzing) that something in your voice was saying you didn't believe me!https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...97c9d34390.gif So, I thought I better prove it to you with a link to the manual that addresses your specific question...

You're very welcome!

Ehsun 01-09-17 09:14 AM

that's weird i haven't seen that before. if you still got warranty bring it to a delar

Mike728 01-09-17 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ehsun (Post 9731010)
that's weird i haven't seen that before. if you still got warranty bring it to a delar

Why? It's totally normal.

dchar 01-09-17 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ehsun (Post 9731010)

Unless you sit your garage for 5 hours after driving your car, then you probably wouldn't witness the humming unless you accidentally walked in while it was performing the check. It really does occur randomly within that 5 hour time.

I wonder if the flashing VSC is due to OP triggering the hill hold feature, which is activated by pressing the brake all the way when at a stop. Does the car beep before the VSC light starts flashing?