ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   Assorted questions 13 GS 350 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/747859-assorted-questions-13-gs-350-a.html)

shrinkwrap 06-30-14 11:25 AM

Assorted questions 13 GS 350

I've my 2013 GS 350 for about 4 months now (first Lexus), and in general I like it. I've noticed a few things that may or may not be issues, and I was hoping for some help from the tremendous universe of Lexus knowledge.

2 or 3 times the nav screen has gone completely black and stayed that way. Once I was able to hit the menu key and "turn off the screen," which then turned it back on. The other time I had to pull over and turn off the car, then re-start.

Several times I have been unable to disconnect from a telephone call by pressing the hang-up button, or any way other than directly through my phone. The dealer, of course, implied I didn't know how to disconnect, even though I had been using it just fine for 3 months.

Yesterday I lost the BT connection completely, had to pull over, turn off the car and restart.

Have these things happened to others? I told the dealer service about it when I brought it for its first service at 5k miles, but of course everything was working fine. How hard should I press to solve these issues, or do we just have to live with them?

Thanks!

FastTags 06-30-14 11:52 AM

Nope. but I have 2014. My friend has 2013 and no complains.

shrinkwrap 06-30-14 12:46 PM

I checked the battery, which I have heard is generally weak. Mine reads 13.9 v max when the car is running. Could this be the cause?

blacksun 06-30-14 01:52 PM

The only issue I've had (out of the ones you've listed) is my BT connection dropping and not coming back.

After it happened a few times I started to see a pattern. I realized that if my phone's BT radio is turned "on" BEFORE I start the car it works perfectly and consistently. If my phone's BT radio is "off" when I start my car and then I turn it "on" after, the connection is buggy.

Now I just leave my phone's BT radio on all the time and I haven't had any issues since. May or may not work for you or others, but that was my solution.

shrinkwrap 06-30-14 02:04 PM

Unfortunately, I have never turned off BT on my phone; it is always on.

ItzFilyO 06-30-14 02:12 PM

It's most likely a faulty unit, it's not suppose to be doing that.

U should get it replaced while it's still under warranty.

shrinkwrap 06-30-14 02:39 PM

That's a problem at this point. When the dealer looked at it, it was working fine. They of course took it into the shop and said they checked it out, but I have no idea what that means or if they did anything but hold it in back for 90 minutes. Does anyone know what, if any, codes are set if the unit is faulty?

Afrosheen 06-30-14 05:47 PM

What kind of phone do you have? You're probably due for an upgrade. All bluetooth isn't created equally, unfortunately, and some phones are better than others.

moose66 06-30-14 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by shrinkwrap (Post 8605916)
That's a problem at this point. When the dealer looked at it, it was working fine. They of course took it into the shop and said they checked it out, but I have no idea what that means or if they did anything but hold it in back for 90 minutes. Does anyone know what, if any, codes are set if the unit is faulty?

Looks like you are in MD. Go for a second opinion. You should have multiple options in that area a reasonable distance from you. And when you take it in, make sure you can actually point to or demonstrate the issue. If you take it to them when nothing is wrong, guess what? They more than likely won't find anything.

I have a '13 450h and have none of the issues you mention.

shrinkwrap 06-30-14 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Afrosheen (Post 8606178)
What kind of phone do you have? You're probably due for an upgrade. All bluetooth isn't created equally, unfortunately, and some phones are better than others.

I phone 5, latest software.

shrinkwrap 06-30-14 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by moose66 (Post 8606186)
Looks like you are in MD. Go for a second opinion. You should have multiple options in that area a reasonable distance from you. And when you take it in, make sure you can actually point to or demonstrate the issue. If you take it to them when nothing is wrong, guess what? They more than likely won't find anything.

I have a '13 450h and have none of the issues you mention.

I waited to take it in when I did because it was acting up. On the way to the dealer it cleared up. I hope I don't have to wait until it quits completely, but I may.

ItzFilyO 06-30-14 06:33 PM

Make a video when it's acting up, that way u don't have to go back and forth. ;)

Show them the video and ask for a replacement unit. They can't deny that, if they still give u a hard time go up the Lexus USA! lol

I did that to Toyota USA for my defective gas pedal on my Camry and they sent out a factory tech and replaced it the next day. :D

shrinkwrap 07-01-14 01:52 AM

That's a great idea. Thanks.

Neogenic 07-01-14 02:00 AM

No such problems on my 2013 GS. I do have had a problem when using aux in. Sometimes it locks until car is restarted. I Stopped using it ( the so called IPOD link in Multimedia).

Afrosheen 07-01-14 01:03 PM

iPhones are known to have lots of odd problems with cars. I see stuff like this on the Infiniti Q50 board pretty frequently.

Cheapest fix is to go grab a used iPod mini off ebay/amazon and put your stuff on that. You can leave it in the console plugged in constantly and it has plenty of space. Also the car controls it fairly well, letting you browse folders and use the steering wheel controls to flip through songs.

I have an HTC One m8 and it's been perfect, text message replies, emails, bluetooth streaming, etc..