ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   Ventilated Seats Question (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/740157-ventilated-seats-question.html)

erolb 04-28-14 07:41 AM

Ventilated Seats Question

Hi Everyone

Quick question about ventilated seats. I was expecting to be able to feel the breeze coming through the seat, however I can barely feel anything. Even when set to three bars. Is this standard operation or are my seats broken?

Cheers

SW17LS 04-28-14 07:42 AM

All they do is circulate air. I find the seats feel cooler and my back doesn't get sweaty when using them...thats pretty much all they're supposed to do.

If you want more cooling you can direct airflow on the floor, then the air circulated through them will be colder.

erolb 04-28-14 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by SW13GS (Post 8509258)
All they do is circulate air. I find the seats feel cooler and my back doesn't get sweaty when using them...thats pretty much all they're supposed to do.

If you want more cooling you can direct airflow on the floor, then the air circulated through them will be colder.

Excellent - All I needed to know.

Thanks

ItzFilyO 04-28-14 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by SW13GS (Post 8509258)

Yes, excellent! I didn't know about the second part. :D

terrycs 04-28-14 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by erolb (Post 8509254)
Hi Everyone

Quick question about ventilated seats. I was expecting to be able to feel the breeze coming through the seat, however I can barely feel anything. Even when set to three bars. Is this standard operation or are my seats broken?

Cheers

I noticed that the air just doesn't flow very well with a person sitting on the seat and leaning back. If you just lean forward a little bit, you will hear and feel the air coming through the seat back. I assume the same is true of the seat bottom, but it is silly to try raising yourself up while driving. :sad:

jjscsix 04-28-14 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by terrycs (Post 8509792)
I noticed that the air just doesn't flow very well with a person sitting on the seat and leaning back. If you just lean forward a little bit, you will hear and feel the air coming through the seat back. I assume the same is true of the seat bottom, but it is silly to try raising yourself up while driving. :sad:

Simple physics. If the holes are blocked air can't move. I've had quite a few vehicles with ventilated seats. The 2014 GS is better than my 2010 GS was and are pretty good, but still not the best. My BMW and the Infinity M45 I had where the worst, American cars were the best.

obturator 04-28-14 12:35 PM

Wear short shorts with boxers and loose tank top. You'll definitely feel the air. No one else would want to ride with you but you'll be cool (temperature-wise).

SW17LS 04-28-14 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by obturator (Post 8509855)
Wear short shorts with boxers and loose tank top. You'll definitely feel the air. No one else would want to ride with you but you'll be cool (temperature-wise).

I prefer to wear nothing. I probably should have the windows tinted :woohoo:

Dukeaudio 04-28-14 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by SW13GS (Post 8510176)
I prefer to wear nothing. I probably should have the windows tinted :woohoo:

...a good leather cleaner too.

AL13NV8D3R 04-28-14 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio (Post 8510192)
...a good leather cleaner too.

Now I know where those skid marks came from....and I am not talking about the tires! :eek2: