GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

PLEASE NOTIFY ME IF THERE'S A PROBLEM (XxGoKoUxX)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-17, 06:30 AM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/865279-standard-vs-synthetic-oil.html#post9955725
Old 08-16-17, 07:28 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Done, thanks guzzy!
Old 11-30-17, 09:51 PM
ez12a
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...015-gs350.html
Old 12-16-17, 07:43 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey bro what's up. I had a quick question for you. Got an 06 GS430. Got new battery in it. Yesterday when I got to work the dash lit up said check vsc and ebc. Brakes started not working and right when I pulled up to my parking the steering wheel got hard as well. Then the battery light came on. Also it turned off when I was giving the car gas. I had another Lexus battery and I put it in the car and it turned on no problem. Then on my drive home it did right before I got home again. I don't think it's the battery. Can this be the ALTERNATOR going bad? I mean in my mind all the factors lead to that. I've been reading and I wanted to ask you what you thought based on my symptoms. Spark plugs are new in this car. And I've had it for 1 year and it's never given me problems like this. Also creeping up on 130k and I think the alternator it has is oem. If you can get back to me champ. Any advice is deeply appreciated. I parked it up and ima drive my other car until I get that fixed. Any how, have a good day bro and GodBless!
Old 12-17-17, 09:34 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Buy a multimeter, any one... sears, discount auto parts, autozone (even harbor freight one works if you have one in your area). Turn it to DC voltage settings, charge your battery and then turn on car and test it.

If it reads anything below 13.8V, then your alternator is for sure bad.

If it reads 13.8V and your having problems. It is something else.

i'd go out on a limb honestly and say your alternator is out. That sounds like the exact symptom of the alternator. Also, don't drive on it ANYMORE until you fix the problem, as it is going to drain your system down to too low of a voltage, pop some really expensive fuses, and you'll be spending a few hundred extra for fuses you didn't need to purchase in the first place.

For future reference, please PM me your problems rather than post it on here, as it's a thread for forum posting problems, not problems with your vehicle.

Thank you!
Old 12-17-17, 09:34 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Ohh, sorry I got back to you so long, but it's FIXED! Thank you!!
Old 12-17-17, 12:02 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xxgokouxx
buy a multimeter, any one... Sears, discount auto parts, autozone (even harbor freight one works if you have one in your area). Turn it to dc voltage settings, charge your battery and then turn on car and test it.

If it reads anything below 13.8v, then your alternator is for sure bad.

If it reads 13.8v and your having problems. It is something else.

I'd go out on a limb honestly and say your alternator is out. That sounds like the exact symptom of the alternator. Also, don't drive on it anymore until you fix the problem, as it is going to drain your system down to too low of a voltage, pop some really expensive fuses, and you'll be spending a few hundred extra for fuses you didn't need to purchase in the first place.

For future reference, please pm me your problems rather than post it on here, as it's a thread for forum posting problems, not problems with your vehicle.

Thank you!
thank you! Yes it's reading 11.5 or so while on. I think it's the alternator as well. And i tried to pm you bro but it says i can't bcuz it's off in my settings and i tried turning it back on but nothing. Can't fix it at the moment. Thank you for the advice bro. I have it parked up for now until i buy alternator then i will take to my guy. Also, after replacing alternator, is there any codes that need to be cleared to have everything back to normal on the dash as well?? Thank you bro!!!
Old 12-18-17, 02:02 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

I've been thinking before I buy either the oem Lexus alternator for $400 or this one that's supposedly high amp like 250. But as enticing as that sounds idk if that will cause any electrical inconveniences out of thinking it'll suffice all the car's electrical needs. Does anybody have any input on this? I'm getting alternator on Friday. So I have time to think about this. Any advice is well appreciated. Thank you guys and GodBless!
Attached Thumbnails PLEASE NOTIFY ME IF THERE'S A PROBLEM (XxGoKoUxX)-photo240.jpg   PLEASE NOTIFY ME IF THERE'S A PROBLEM (XxGoKoUxX)-photo57.jpg  
Old 12-27-17, 07:45 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
I've been thinking before I buy either the oem Lexus alternator for $400 or this one that's supposedly high amp like 250. But as enticing as that sounds idk if that will cause any electrical inconveniences out of thinking it'll suffice all the car's electrical needs. Does anybody have any input on this? I'm getting alternator on Friday. So I have time to think about this. Any advice is well appreciated. Thank you guys and GodBless!
I wouldn't trust non-brand named alternators (especially on ebay, i'm not sure if that is ebay)

If they use cheap stuff it could light your car on fire. VERY dangerous!

Either use advanced auto parts alternators, autozone alternators, (I wouldn't use cheap pepboys alternators, I used that on a daily beater and changed the alternator out 4 times, until I gave up and opted for a complete refund).

Go with:
-OEM Lexus (Denso I believe)
-Singer Alternators
-Mechman Alternators
-Bosch

Once again, I can't stress enough NOT to use the ebay HO Alternators, they have HIGH risk of lighting your car on fire because these companies use CHEAP components to power your vehicle, either that or the alternators are not properly balanced so they're HIGH risk of fire.
Old 12-27-17, 05:29 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Yes I will most likely go with Advanced Auto Part alternator. That's my best bet. And it has warranty...not that I'm tryna be replacing the alternator often. But Autozone parts have been terrible to me over the years. Advanced has been good to me. I hope it goes the same this time around. I'll let you what happens soon bro.
Old 12-27-17, 09:05 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xxgokouxx
i wouldn't trust non-brand named alternators (especially on ebay, i'm not sure if that is ebay)

if they use cheap stuff it could light your car on fire. Very dangerous!

Either use advanced auto parts alternators, autozone alternators, (i wouldn't use cheap pepboys alternators, i used that on a daily beater and changed the alternator out 4 times, until i gave up and opted for a complete refund).

Go with:
-oem lexus (denso i believe)
-singer alternators
-mechman alternators
-bosch

once again, i can't stress enough not to use the ebay ho alternators, they have high risk of lighting your car on fire because these companies use cheap components to power your vehicle, either that or the alternators are not properly balanced so they're high risk of fire.
hey bro quick update. Car wouldn't even stay on enough to get to my mechanics shop 5 mins away. So i looked up on youtube how to rig the alternator and get where you need to go. Anyhow the guy put an extra car battery on the floor in his car and connect it neatly to the car battery in the engine bay with the cables safely thru the window and into the car. I was skeptical but it really worked! I just got the car on and drove it to the shop no problem in 15 degree weather. It's extremely cold in my area right now, pa, usa. Glad i seen that video. Straight forward. Tomorrow i'll go to advanced auto and get the alternator. I already have an oem toyota serpentine belt. That and oil with k&n filter and the car should be good afterwards. Here's a pic of the crazy trick lol.
Attached Thumbnails PLEASE NOTIFY ME IF THERE'S A PROBLEM (XxGoKoUxX)-photo478.jpg  

Last edited by aneidiaz; 12-27-17 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-28-17, 01:05 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Glad you got everything taken care of!

Always good to hear our members cars are doing well
Old 02-15-18, 05:38 AM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/880744-rx330-is-vibrating.html#post10113673
Old 02-26-18, 09:47 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Thanks guzzy! Sorry for late response, I did it already though
Old 06-18-18, 07:55 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Default Es forum

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/891967-2007-es350.html#post10228098

Quick Reply: PLEASE NOTIFY ME IF THERE'S A PROBLEM (XxGoKoUxX)