GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Help!! No AUDIO all of a sudden...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-16, 05:36 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!! No AUDIO all of a sudden...

Hi All!

Just this bright morning going to start my car it appears that I have no audio what so ever... Im confused to know what the issue is; can it be the amp or can it be the head unit? Everything was working fine all of yesterday and all other days in the past.. Everything on the head unit works I.E, volume ****, radio, tape, disc,FM/AM functions work but no AUDIO. Also the GPS works, and all touch screen functions works as well.. I usually like to listen my music pretty loud depending on the drive to work or what mood I'm in. Has anyone experience this ever before? If so, what was the issue and what did you do to fix it? Maybe a audio tech/expert that is reading this can have some input?

I just got to work and disconnected the battery cable to reset this and check it out again during lunch. If it is a amp issue, where can i find a factory OEM one used? Is it hard to replace? Or can I upgrade to an aftermarket amp? If so how much of a hassle is it? If it is a hassle, i rather just do the unbolt, plug and play with the OEM Amp.

Please help! this no audio is killing me
Old 12-27-16, 05:57 AM
ksan
Intermediate

also to add, i did hear a slight beep noise. does this mean the amp is in safe mode?
Old 12-27-16, 08:15 AM
Gs3500
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did u check the fuses ?
Old 12-27-16, 08:24 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gs3500
Did u check the fuses ?
That was next on my list.. I just need to find the location of where the amp fuse is located or if there is one. Would there be one on the amp itself just like all other aftermarket amps?
Old 12-27-16, 10:09 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Both radio no.1 and radio no.2 is good..
Old 12-27-16, 11:00 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ksan
That was next on my list.. I just need to find the location of where the amp fuse is located or if there is one. Would there be one on the amp itself just like all other aftermarket amps?
Your amplifier's fuse might be on the amp itself. Passenger side wheel well, underneath the covers. It should say "Pioneer" on it.

You can also take it to a repair shop to have it diagnosed. I have the wiring diagram for it, if you need it PM me.
Old 12-28-16, 05:53 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Thank you! I will take a look.

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Your amplifier's fuse might be on the amp itself. Passenger side wheel well, underneath the covers. It should say "Pioneer" on it.

You can also take it to a repair shop to have it diagnosed. I have the wiring diagram for it, if you need it PM me.
Old 12-28-16, 05:55 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Update: Oddly enough after disconnecting the battery cables and letting it sit for about 4 hours til lunch time and reconnecting it back still the same symptoms. Drove home and parked it for the night, and got in it this morning started her up and the everything works as normal.. Its strange how all of a sudden I have full audio im suspecting possibly moisture some how got inside the amp?
Old 12-28-16, 11:30 AM
XxGoKoUxX

What a fluke lol..... Either way glad everything worked out.
Old 01-11-17, 06:39 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Update: It rained here out in mass lastnight, and this morning when i went to start my car I get no audio. It seems this happens only when its wet out . Can this possibly be mositure building around the amp location in the trunk? The trunk is wet nor damp so im assuming the drain is not clogged.. Any suggestions?
Old 01-11-17, 10:53 AM
XxGoKoUxX

check your doors for flooding? Your doors might be getting flooded with water (due to a clog), causing a short on your speaker thus throwing your amp in protection mode.
Old 05-02-17, 03:58 PM
kitphat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mines doing the same thing. Any suggestions need help
Old 05-03-17, 09:20 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

ive had the same thing for awhile it comes and goes, sometimes it will go for months without ever shutting off. Its intermittent for me, and I think its has to do with the aux port. As my aux jack has worn out from leaving the aux plugged in all the time. Because the shutting off started when I had connecting issues with the aux
Old 05-03-17, 05:16 PM
kitphat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car doesn't have a aux. so I don't think that's it
Old 05-03-17, 10:07 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

To me it sounds like a bad amplifier but you might want to get it tested before replacing it. You can find amplifiers on ebay and car-part.com

Quick Reply: Help!! No AUDIO all of a sudden...