GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New owner Lexus GS 350 2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-14, 05:39 PM
RickB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner Lexus GS 350 2008

hello guys i am a new owner of the gs 350 2008. Oh man pretty awesome car. I Live in Dominican Rep. Where de have lexus dealers. I am not the first owner because my car were from USA directly and i have some issues about some things...

First of all my Windows will down pressing unlock but when i press lock button it does not do anything... Is that a dealer option on customize this?

The second issue is the auto headlights.... The headlights doesnt turn off if i leave it in AUTO. I have to turn it off manually but understand because the sensor is ok because when im on a tunnel the lights will come on ... Is that a customize option too? Thanks

Btw i came from a 2006 Acura TL hahaha the thing that i miss is hearing kicking VTEC after 4700 rpm but this is a all new level hahaahaha and of course more standard features but anyways this is a beautiful car. Thank you
Old 05-17-14, 07:16 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

The windows won't roll up with the remote, only down. Not sure why as it seems to be a desirable feature, but that's the way they designed it and even the 4g is the same way. You have to actually insert the key into the door and hold it in the lock position to roll the windows up from outside of the vehicle.

Have you waited long enough to see if the headlights automatically turn off?
Old 05-17-14, 07:27 PM
snkepit
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats. I'm trying to sell my my 1000hp turbo mustang coupe to get back into a GS. Sick smelling like exhaust!
Old 05-17-14, 10:12 PM
RickB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Schmexus
The windows won't roll up with the remote, only down. Not sure why as it seems to be a desirable feature, but that's the way they designed it and even the 4g is the same way. You have to actually insert the key into the door and hold it in the lock position to roll the windows up from outside of the vehicle.

I have been waiting even 5 minutes and the lights doesnt get off... I was reading in the owners manual that lexus dealer Can turn it off this feature... As i know that i am not the first owner of this car.. Maybe the first owner shut off this feature?
Old 05-18-14, 06:36 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RickB
hello guys i am a new owner of the gs 350 2008. Oh man pretty awesome car. I Live in Dominican Rep. Where de have lexus dealers. I am not the first owner because my car were from USA directly and i have some issues about some things...

First of all my Windows will down pressing unlock but when i press lock button it does not do anything... Is that a dealer option on customize this?

The second issue is the auto headlights.... The headlights doesnt turn off if i leave it in AUTO. I have to turn it off manually but understand because the sensor is ok because when im on a tunnel the lights will come on ... Is that a customize option too? Thanks

Btw i came from a 2006 Acura TL hahaha the thing that i miss is hearing kicking VTEC after 4700 rpm but this is a all new level hahaahaha and of course more standard features but anyways this is a beautiful car. Thank you
Auto headlights isn't a custom option. Try on your first attempt, to hit the lock button twice and see if the lights turn off. If it doesn't, it sounds like you bought a lemon that might need to be fixed.

Believe it or not, your GS350 has double the "VTEC" power than your TL. It has a smoother powerband, alongside a more powerful one (240ISH HP TL vs your 306HP GS). This is why you don't hear it, feel it, nor need to .

Originally Posted by Schmexus

I went over this very vaguely long ago, supposedly what the dealership had told me, was there was a stupid woman a long time ago, a long long time ago, who let her kid stick his head out the window and hit the "roll up" and he got his head stuck in the window. Long story short, we can roll our windows down now, but not up.

Seems legit, so I never questioned it.

Originally Posted by RickB
I have been waiting even 5 minutes and the lights doesnt get off... I was reading in the owners manual that lexus dealer Can turn it off this feature... As i know that i am not the first owner of this car.. Maybe the first owner shut off this feature?
Try the method above. This isn't a feature last I checked. It was standard.
Old 05-19-14, 03:29 AM
RickB
Driver School Candidate

I tried but no luck :/

Btw i don't see each tire pressure of my car... I was able to do that on my TL. I could see every tire pressure ... But i know lexus have tpms but i dong know where i Can Read my tires