GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

08' Opaline white GS460's new home

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-14, 09:03 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 08' Opaline white GS460's new home

So we found this for my wife after months of searching! Single owner, non-smoker, never left Texas, low miles, maintained at Sewell, perfect condition. We flew out to Sewell Ft. Worth and drove it home. My wife is Happy and in love with it, which is what matters most! Big upgrade for her from an 02' Accord EX v6. You have to excuse the messy Garage. Got a rebuild going on right now.

First thing I noticed was the lack of mudguards, so that's the first mod.
Attached Thumbnails 08' Opaline white GS460's new home-imag0985.jpg   08' Opaline white GS460's new home-imag0989.jpg   08' Opaline white GS460's new home-imag0991.jpg   08' Opaline white GS460's new home-imag0998.jpg  
Old 02-18-14, 09:08 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Your wife must be really happy! The car looks to be in immaculate condition
Old 02-18-14, 09:34 AM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great color combination. Love it.

IMHO... the black floor mats look the best with the black wood ash interior. Just a thought. ;-)
enjoy!
Old 02-18-14, 09:58 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Seize
Your wife must be really happy! The car looks to be in immaculate condition
she is, and so am I it is really flawless, the owner took great care, I love seeing older Lexus cars like this.
Originally Posted by Simmsled
Great color combination. Love it.

IMHO... the black floor mats look the best with the black wood ash interior. Just a thought. ;-)
enjoy!
I Concur will need to see if she agrees and keep an eye out for sales
Old 02-18-14, 10:03 AM
Acer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any more interior pics? I like it!
Old 02-18-14, 10:07 AM
gshoq
Driver School Candidate

Congratulations. It looks gorgeous. Coincidentally, I am picking up a 2008 GS460 for my wife this weekend. Opaline white in the photo sure looks like the one I'm getting but the seller said his is Starfire Pearl White. What state are you in and are there mods on that lawn tractor of yours? jk
Old 02-18-14, 10:43 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice! I agree, black weathermats comment the floor nicely... On top of that it doesn't stain as easy... That grey interior is going to be your worst enemy in a few months
Old 02-18-14, 10:51 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by acer9103
Any more interior pics? I like it!
I will snap a few more this weekend, with a better camera

Originally Posted by gshoq
Congratulations. It looks gorgeous. Coincidentally, I am picking up a 2008 GS460 for my wife this weekend. Opaline white in the photo sure looks like the one I'm getting but the seller said his is Starfire Pearl White. What state are you in and are there mods on that lawn tractor of yours? jk
yes this opaline pearl has a hint of silver/grey hue to it when it's parked next to any other white car. The pearl really glows in the sunlight also, very nice colors.

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Nice! I agree, black weathermats comment the floor nicely... On top of that it doesn't stain as easy... That grey interior is going to be your worst enemy in a few months
yes we will have to stay on top of keeping the interior clean for sure. The tan in my LS430 is bad enough to keep clean, even with scotchguard on the carpet.

not really seeing any body molded splash-mudguards for this vehicle either, unless I'm searching in the wrong areas. if I have to, I will custom make some from Fiber Resin and color match.

Last edited by Marklouis; 02-18-14 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-18-14, 11:04 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Ah, I remember seeing that one for sale at Sewell. I'm glad to see it went to someone on here! Enjoy!
Old 02-18-14, 11:19 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

weathertech makes them for our cars... Although they're not up to par with the Lexus OEM ones. There was a recall on the Lexus OEM ones so whoever has them is very lucky and fortunate .

I still have mines and they're GREAT!

I have the same interior as you, except my exterior's Silver.... So I feel your pain .

EDIT:I forgot to say, I also use the scotchguard.... There is just no stopping the interior from getting dirty though LOL! Keep me up on details if you find better solutions outside of the scotchguard carpet protectant!
Old 02-18-14, 11:27 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Ah, I remember seeing that one for sale at Sewell. I'm glad to see it went to someone on here! Enjoy!
Thanks! Original owner bought it from Sewell there in 08' also and it will stay a gem as long as it's in our possesion.

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
weathertech makes them for our cars... Although they're not up to par with the Lexus OEM ones. There was a recall on the Lexus OEM ones so whoever has them is very lucky and fortunate .

I still have mines and they're GREAT!

I have the same interior as you, except my exterior's Silver.... So I feel your pain .

EDIT:I forgot to say, I also use the scotchguard.... There is just no stopping the interior from getting dirty though LOL! Keep me up on details if you find better solutions outside of the scotchguard carpet protectant!
will do! Aha that's why I couldn't find a decent looking set of mudguards. I had an Acura Vigor with sweet looking mudguards that added to the stance of the car too.

Scotchguard worked really well in the Accord tan interior, maybe because of thinner material matting?? And I found OEM Black floor mats, plus I like these as well, even though it's not an "F" sport per say lol

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2008/4345.html

I'm going to sift through the GS forum and see what easter eggs come up about this car, this is why I love CL

Okay, so I see now how rare these cars really are, hence the lack of performance mods and professional tuner interest, lol but it's my wife's car so that's okay with me. I already have my toy.

Last edited by Marklouis; 02-18-14 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-19-14, 02:26 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Beautiful color! Congrats on a good find.
Old 02-19-14, 07:19 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulation .......
Old 02-19-14, 07:50 AM
supags
Driver

congratz.. very clean
Old 02-19-14, 10:18 AM
txcoupe
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats ! BTW: does Sewell negotiate much on their prices?

Quick Reply: 08' Opaline white GS460's new home